Rival Watch

17149 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Silver Fox » 27 Jan 2022 09:03

tidus_mi2 I'd love to see West Brom, Bournemouth and Sheffield United all fail to get promoted.

oxf*rd parachute payments.

Fulham are starting to run away with it a bit sadly.

Imagine how rattled our fans would be of they supported West Brom!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jan 2022 09:12

Silver Fox
tidus_mi2 I'd love to see West Brom, Bournemouth and Sheffield United all fail to get promoted.

Imagine how rattled our fans would be of they supported West Brom!

My Dad supports Reading and Spurs, that's often two hits of misery.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2022 11:07

looks like Derby have an extra month

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ish-season

not sure on this deal to pay HMRC less than the money they owe, whilst being allowed to hold onto overpaid players (Lawrence), not sell some of their players etc.

but guess thats seeing it as someone who wants them to take one of the 3 relegation spots

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jan 2022 11:17

Hound looks like Derby have an extra month

not sure on this deal to pay HMRC less than the money they owe, whilst being allowed to hold onto overpaid players (Lawrence), not sell some of their players etc.

but guess thats seeing it as someone who wants them to take one of the 3 relegation spots

If they hang on to their key players I reckon they will stay up. For pundits like Mick Gooding to just dismiss them as down is pretty ignorant. Their next three home games are Brum, Hull and Posh. They could win all three.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2022 11:28

Zip

If they hang on to their key players I reckon they will stay up. For pundits like Mick Gooding to just dismiss them as down is pretty ignorant. Their next three home games are Brum, Hull and Posh. They could win all three.

they might. an injury or two away from looking very weak though.

Notice they have Cardiff twice still. Lots of winnable home games left, but some tough away ones.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jan 2022 11:32

Hound
Zip

they might. an injury or two away from looking very weak though.

Notice they have Cardiff twice still. Lots of winnable home games left, but some tough away ones.

They have been lucky with injuries. We could do with that changing.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jan 2022 19:15

The Ron Gourley effect gets a grip at West Brom.
I'm desperate to see Bournmouth f*ck up. FFP is circling.
My main concern is that 106 is well within Fulham's grasp.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jan 2022 20:25

Derby administrators blocking the sale of Tom Lawrence.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jan 2022 20:29

Zip Derby administrators blocking the sale of Tom Lawrence.

I think they're just blocking him being sold for a stupid low amount when they know they can get more.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Jan 2022 21:01

tidus_mi2

I think they're just blocking him being sold for a stupid low amount when they know they can get more.

Bourneouth want him and they can probably pay the money

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 27 Jan 2022 21:04

No sale should be frozen
" Let him go, let him go"

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jan 2022 21:07

Rusty royal

No sale should be frozen
" Let him go, let him go"

Presumably they will have to maximise what they can in player sales so will leave it as late as they can to sell.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2022 08:38

Derby administrators saying Lawrence won’t be sold. Guardian also reporting The Inland Revenue are willing to take a lesser sum than Derby owe them. This is a piss take.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2022 08:45

Zip Derby administrators saying Lawrence won’t be sold. Guardian also reporting The Inland Revenue are willing to take a lesser sum than Derby owe them. This is a piss take.

yep, makes a mockery. Happy to still pay a player 25k p/w who you can get off the books but not pay back what is owed to the govt.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2022 08:46

Hound
Zip Derby administrators saying Lawrence won’t be sold. Guardian also reporting The Inland Revenue are willing to take a lesser sum than Derby owe them. This is a piss take.

yep, makes a mockery. Happy to still pay a player 25k p/w who you can get off the books but not pay back what is owed to the govt.

It also sets a dangerous precedent.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2022 08:50

Zip
Hound

yep, trying to get my head round the situation there and how they are able to turn down bids for players. Esp when they are struggling to prove they can survive to the end of the season. Selling Knight, Sibley and Lawrence for example would surely make that not even a question.

Don't they still owe Arsenal 10m as well?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 08:58

Only thing I can think of is that the administrators are confident of a takeover between now and March hence why they won't be selling and any prospective new owners will go a way to clear the debts.

You can't imagine that in this situation anyone would be that irresponsible considering the future of a football club is at the stake here in just over a month?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2022 08:58

Hound
Zip
Hound

yep, trying to get my head round the situation there and how they are able to turn down bids for players. Esp when they are struggling to prove they can survive to the end of the season. Selling Knight, Sibley and Lawrence for example would surely make that not even a question.

Don't they still owe Arsenal 10m as well?

Yep they owe Arsenal money plus the Wycombe and Middlesbrough claims. If they keep their current squad then they have a serious chance of surviving and we could be the club to pay for it.
They have player assets and shouldn’t be allowed to keep them and expect to pay a reduced amount to the Inland Revenue.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2022 09:15

Ascotexgunner

Is It though? Their current PPG of 2.11 only gets them to 97, well short of 106 especially when you consider that teams tend to do a little bit worse when promotion/championship is included.

For instance, after 27 games we were already on 66, 9 points ahead of where they are now. Even Sheffield Utd were on more points than Fulham are now.

It would take a monumental effort to do it.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Jan 2022 09:16

Hendo
Ascotexgunner

Is It though? Their current PPG of 2.11 only gets them to 97, well short of 106 especially when you consider that teams tend to do a little bit worse when promotion/championship is included.

For instance, after 27 games we were already on 66, 9 points ahead of where they are now. Even Sheffield Utd were on more points than Fulham are now.

It would take a monumental effort to do it.

Yeah can't see that happening at all. Can see them winning the league by about 20 points though.

17149 posts