YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 09:16

Zip
Hound
Zip
It also sets a dangerous precedent.

yep, trying to get my head round the situation there and how they are able to turn down bids for players. Esp when they are struggling to prove they can survive to the end of the season. Selling Knight, Sibley and Lawrence for example would surely make that not even a question.

Don't they still owe Arsenal 10m as well?

Yep they owe Arsenal money plus the Wycombe and Middlesbrough claims. If they keep their current squad then they have a serious chance of surviving and we could be the club to pay for it.
They have player assets and shouldn’t be allowed to keep them and expect to pay a reduced amount to the Inland Revenue.

Then they will have our claims of lost revenue if we are to go down to L1 at the expense of Derby. :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2022 09:16

NathStPaul
Hendo
Ascotexgunner
The Ron Gourley effect gets a grip at West Brom.
I'm desperate to see Bournmouth f*ck up. FFP is circling.
My main concern is that 106 is well within Fulham's grasp.

Is It though? Their current PPG of 2.11 only gets them to 97, well short of 106 especially when you consider that teams tend to do a little bit worse when promotion/championship is included.

For instance, after 27 games we were already on 66, 9 points ahead of where they are now. Even Sheffield Utd were on more points than Fulham are now.

It would take a monumental effort to do it.

Yeah can't see that happening at all. Can see them winning the league by about 20 points though.

For sure. Will be well clear by the end.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Jan 2022 09:36

Losing the record is the least of our worries right now, I would gladly take that if it meant us staying up.

Don`t reckon they will do it though, it looked certain Wolves would do it during their promotion season but they fell way short.
Just waiting for Don Goodman to say Fulham are the best team to ever grace this division like he did back then.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 28 Jan 2022 09:48

Wigan far more dangerous for the 106.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2022 09:55

LUX Wigan far more dangerous for the 106.

Indeed, current PPG takes them to 104. Although games in hand, while good, can have a way of catching up on you and lead to tiredness/injuries.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jan 2022 12:01

I think relegation would be devastating but I’d still rather go down than lose the record. I know it’s silly but it’s literally the only remarkable thing we’ve ever achieved. It doesn’t matter what League we are in, THAT is our history.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2022 12:10

CountryRoyal I think relegation would be devastating but I’d still rather go down than lose the record. I know it’s silly but it’s literally the only remarkable thing we’ve ever achieved. It doesn’t matter what League we are in, THAT is our history.

Going down is one season, and you can be promoted.

The record is forever.

It's like winning a cup or getting promoted. Once you've been promoted you can get relegated again. But you've always got a cup win.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jan 2022 12:15

While Sunderland fans probably never had a chance to care about holding the record, they were a bit mugged off losing it after only 7 seasons.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 28 Jan 2022 13:03

To amass more than 106 points is going to take some beating. We went up, then we won the league...and the dvds show the players
messing around and not taking it too seriously. Yet we won 4 and drew 2 of our last 6 games. A simply outstanding effort.
I want to keep this record as much as anyone, but if anyone gets to 107 points....hats off to them. But they won't :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2022 13:32

Barney To amass more than 106 points is going to take some beating. We went up, then we won the league...and the dvds show the players
messing around and not taking it too seriously. Yet we won 4 and drew 2 of our last 6 games. A simply outstanding effort.
I want to keep this record as much as anyone, but if anyone gets to 107 points....hats off to them. But they won't :D

I think we eased up a little after promotion / confirming the title... but that was so early we still had time to change focus on the record and getting Murty a goal and slammed our foot back down.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Jan 2022 13:34

windermereROYAL Losing the record is the least of our worries right now, I would gladly take that if it meant us staying up.

Don`t reckon they will do it though, it looked certain Wolves would do it during their promotion season but they fell way short.
Just waiting for Don Goodman to say Fulham are the best team to ever grace this division like he did back then.

Wolves could of matched / beaten it, they let there foot off the gas and coasted the last few games IIRC.
The way Fulham play / set up to be offensive I cant see them letting up. I think if the manager wants to get that record they could with the squad at his disposal.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Jan 2022 13:37

Reports that Wayne Rooney has turned down the opportunity to have an interview for the vacant Everton job. Sounds like he's happy to stay with Derby and continue engineering their great escape.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Jan 2022 13:43

Snowflake Royal
Barney To amass more than 106 points is going to take some beating. We went up, then we won the league...and the dvds show the players

I think we eased up a little after promotion / confirming the title... but that was so early we still had time to change focus on the record and getting Murty a goal and slammed our foot back down.

There was a real divide of quality in the division back then though. I am not even sure parachute payments was even a thing.

I dont think we coasted the final games, i think SC said he respected the league and wanted to continue to fight for every point.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 13:55

morganb Reports that Wayne Rooney has turned down the opportunity to have an interview for the vacant Everton job. Sounds like he's happy to stay with Derby and continue engineering their great escape.

He probably doesn't feel it's the right time to move on to pastures new at Everton and fair play to him. Everton are another club under the microscope of FFP and could realistically be playing in the same division next season, although it's unlikely.

Getting more experience at the grueling and difficult circumstances at Derby will only improve his managerial development.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jan 2022 14:10

United job could be open in the Summer, he's got a good thing going with Derby so might believe sticking put for now might put him in the running for United in the Summer.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jan 2022 14:38

morganb Reports that Wayne Rooney has turned down the opportunity to have an interview for the vacant Everton job. Sounds like he's happy to stay with Derby and continue engineering their great escape.

By the sounds of it he didn't want to interview for it, just wanted to be offered it. Same thing happened with Rodgers when he left Swans for Liverpool. Declined an interview, then a couple of weeks later was given the job. Not saying that's gonna happen with Rooney, but you never know.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Jan 2022 20:43

The standard of refereeing is abysmal in this country.

Watching the Hudds v Stoke game

Nailed on sending off for Koroma (Hudds) ref doesn't even book him

He then scores with a wicked deflection 2 mins later

From the kick off Stoke have an absolute stonewall pen turned down

Their fans website must be in meltdown

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2022 20:49

Mid Sussex Royal The standard of refereeing is abysmal in this country.

Watching the Hudds v Stoke game

Nailed on sending off for Koroma (Hudds) ref doesn't even book him

He then scores with a wicked deflection 2 mins later

From the kick off Stoke have an absolute stonewall pen turned down

Their fans website must be in meltdown

Yet plenty on here wouldn’t want VAR in the Championship. It’s desperately needed.
It’s not just the refs. The linesmen are a waste of space.
When was our last penalty? We cannot win one for love nor money.
Last edited by Zip on 28 Jan 2022 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Jan 2022 20:59

Zip When was our last penalty? We cannot win one for live nor money.

They were just waiting for Joao to come back so he can miss them

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2022 21:09

So 60m in debt for Derby

30m to hmrc, 20 to a US financial, 10 to football creditors - mainly Arsenal I think

That’s without Boro and Wycombe. What a mess

17149 posts