Rival Watch

17149 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Sutekh » 25 Jan 2022 22:28

Lower West The game in hand is gaining in importance for Peterborough. A win for Reading is imperative. Lose that fixture and Pauno is a dead man.

That game in hand is home v Reading :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 22:31

Zip In the end a good night. Barnsley well beaten and Posh blow a two goal lead.....they do concede a lot of goals in the second half which is encouraging for us.

Our game is going to be a fight for who can collapse the most in the last 15 isn’t it.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Jan 2022 22:34

Sutekh
Lower West The game in hand is gaining in importance for Peterborough. A win for Reading is imperative. Lose that fixture and Pauno is a dead man.

That game in hand is home v Reading :wink:

They still have a game in hand away to Bournemouth

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jan 2022 07:10

I hadn’t actually looked at the table for a few weeks until last night. Didn’t realise how cut off we’d got and didn’t realise Peterborough did have 2 games in hand over us either

Wtf was that decision for their penalty? Joke refereeing

Thank god Barnsley are so terrible

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Jan 2022 08:07

NathStPaul
tidus_mi2
NathStPaul Not sure any Reading supporter is in a position to laugh at Peterbrough. They got one point more than we've got recently and didn't let in 7 goals.

Man I get this season has been shit but you're way beyond negative.

I deal in facts. I don't live in a positivity dream world like the majority of our deluded supporters. There is a reason why all other fanbase's laugh at us.

Is it because of all the self haters like you?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2022 08:28

There has certainly been excessive writing off of Posh on this fair portal. Quite a lot of hubris on display.

Posh have picked up 4 points in their last 6. We've got 1.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jan 2022 08:43

Even Posh fans are writing themselves off - yes they've managed 3 more points in the last 6 than us but hardly a glowing reference - I would hope that we would start to see a slightly improved return over the next 6 - 4 from 6 has been a pretty average return for them.

Just the 2nd away game they haven't lost this season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 08:53

Snowflake Royal There has certainly been excessive writing off of Posh on this fair portal. Quite a lot of hubris on display.

I agree. I don’t see any reason why people are so confident we can go there and win.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Jan 2022 09:00

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal There has certainly been excessive writing off of Posh on this fair portal. Quite a lot of hubris on display.

I agree. I don’t see any reason why people are so confident we can go there and win.

I have seen a few supporters on social meda say things like "we can go and beat the likes of......". We ARE "the likes of" now ffs. Every team in that division knows they have a great chance of 3 points against us and we are a very soft touch, they are rightly going to target us. Our fanbase are having a real hard time of it accepting that we have absolutely no chance under our current manager and current player effort levels, we are where we are because we deserve to be there.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jan 2022 09:09

NathStPaul
CountryRoyal

I have seen a few supporters on social meda say things like "we can go and beat the likes of......". We ARE "the likes of" now ffs. Every team in that division knows they have a great chance of 3 points against us and we are a very soft touch, they are rightly going to target us. Our fanbase are having a real hard time of it accepting that we have absolutely no chance under our current manager and current player effort levels, we are where we are because we deserve to be there.

Of course it will be tough but by the time we go there we should have a full strength squad, or close to it something we haven't had in what feels like an age. If the application improves, which it did on Saturday, then to match that with the talent that individuals clearly have, we are better than our current position allows.

There are lots of if buts and maybes naturally but we should improve over the last 19 games but I also accept we are just as likely to get relegated. Our away form of late isn't that bad W3 L3 over the last 6.

Keep that up we'll win 5 lose 6 of the last 11 away games.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 09:09

NathStPaul
CountryRoyal

On paper our players, full strength squad, should be better than theirs, but I’ve seen our best performers be outperformed by everyone. I can categorically say it won’t matter who the opposition manager is, they will be able to outthink our manager tactically, and rather depressingly, I suspect a team “like Peterborough” will have more desire and outwork and outbattle us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jan 2022 09:16

Prob agree with you there CR

That Peterborough trip makes me very nervous

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Jan 2022 09:24

Stranded
NathStPaul
CountryRoyal

Of course it will be tough but by the time we go there we should have a full strength squad, or close to it something we haven't had in what feels like an age. If the application improves, which it did on Saturday, then to match that with the talent that individuals clearly have, we are better than our current position allows.

There are lots of if buts and maybes naturally but we should improve over the last 19 games but I also accept we are just as likely to get relegated. Our away form of late isn't that bad W3 L3 over the last 6.

Keep that up we'll win 5 lose 6 of the last 11 away games.

Well, you can prove anything with facts

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jan 2022 09:38

CountryRoyal

Because, despite all of our recent struggles and results, they are still below us. We have sunk about as low as we could have ever imagined this last month and they are still below us.

Putting the shoe on the other foot, why do people not feel so confident about going to their place and winning? I'm not saying it's a given and, credit to them, they played well for about an hour at Birmingham yesterday and fully deserved to be 2 goals ahead, yet they still didn't win. They've struggled for goals (down to injuries in that area), but they haven't dealt with the frankly unprecedented situation regarding our injury record this season, along with a points deduction, along with Covid spreading through our club throughout the Christmas period as well as pre-season etc.

People like to believe they are just excuses, which I can fully understand, but the practical aspect is that all of these factors will genuinely effect the team and people think that it would be just as simple as a managerial change to sort it out. Yes, we shouldn't be losing 7-0 to Fulham, or 2-1 to Kidderminster etc, but the problems this season go far deeper than looking at a couple of isolated results, or even this month as a whole.

I'm confident this can be turned around and I believe recruiting a couple of players in what remains of the window and getting players back from injuries is generally putting the fanbase in a more positive, optimistic mood. It can't be doom and gloom forever.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jan 2022 09:39

CountryRoyal

They were the better side for the first 60 minutes until Swift’s freekick at our place. So this will be a battle. They are like us in that they do concede an awful lot of late goals though so question marks about their fitness levels.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jan 2022 09:42

YorkshireRoyal99
CountryRoyal

Because, despite all of our recent struggles and results, they are still below us. We have sunk about as low as we could have ever imagined this last month and they are still below us.

Putting the shoe on the other foot, why do people not feel so confident about going to their place and winning? I'm not saying it's a given and, credit to them, they played well for about an hour at Birmingham yesterday and fully deserved to be 2 goals ahead, yet they still didn't win. They've struggled for goals (down to injuries in that area), but they haven't dealt with the frankly unprecedented situation regarding our injury record this season, along with a points deduction, along with Covid spreading through our club throughout the Christmas period as well as pre-season etc.

People like to believe they are just excuses, which I can fully understand, but the practical aspect is that all of these factors will genuinely effect the team and people think that it would be just as simple as a managerial change to sort it out. Yes, we shouldn't be losing 7-0 to Fulham, or 2-1 to Kidderminster etc, but the problems this season go far deeper than looking at a couple of isolated results, or even this month as a whole.

I'm confident this can be turned around and I believe recruiting a couple of players in what remains of the window and getting players back from injuries is generally putting the fanbase in a more positive, optimistic mood. It can't be doom and gloom forever.

https://www.skysports.com/reading-results

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 09:44

YorkshireRoyal99 Putting the shoe on the other foot, why do people not feel so confident about going to their place and winning?

Because our last win was 2 months ago, today. Since then we’ve lost to a 6th tier side, conceded 21 goals, 7 of which in one game.

Because we haven’t kept a clean sheet since October (narrow 1-0 win against god awful Barnsley).

Because our manager is clueless and consistently makes decisions to negate our chances of success.

Because I have eyes and watch our games.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 09:45

Zip
CountryRoyal

They were the better side for the first 60 minutes until Swift’s freekick at our place. So this will be a battle. They are like us in that they do concede an awful lot of late goals though so question marks about their fitness levels.

0-0 with 10 to go and then 4-4 it is :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jan 2022 09:46

Zip
CountryRoyal

An incredibly low bar there. We were awful and so were they

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Jan 2022 09:47

The reality is that there are 5 or 6 terrible teams at the bottom of the Division (including us) and the ones that manage to stay up will be the ones - like Hull in their last couple of games - who manage to pull themselves out of the sh1tshow of their own making for the last third of the season in comparison to those around them.

17149 posts