paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rival Watch

by paultheroyal » 12 Nov 2021 10:51

WestYorksRoyal
paultheroyal
Brum Royal
Wasn't that the attitude when they first dropped into the Championship? Anyone for a rendition of "you're only here for the champions?"

Absolutely delighted if they fall down the leagues, the one club i absolutely despise, be very sweet this year, if we stay up!

Seriously? Most fans have a long list of clubs the absolutely despise, but for you it's only Derby? What about Leeds? Swindon? Fulham? West Ham? QPR? Portsmouth?

There are so many detestable clubs out there; don't focus all your hatred on Derby.

Trust me its Derby - no malice to Swindon or Oxford apart from being rivals and i genuinely hope either or both join us in the Championship.

Leeds irritate but thats it and non plussed about others - as for Derby - dont get me started!!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Nov 2021 11:42

WestYorksRoyal Seriously? Most fans have a long list of clubs the absolutely despise, but for you it's only Derby? What about Leeds? Swindon? Fulham? West Ham? QPR? Portsmouth?

There are so many detestable clubs out there; don't focus all your hatred on Derby.

You clearly weren't at Pride Park in '08

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2021 12:40

No problem with Derby.

Oh no, they once sung an arrogant song more than a decade ago.

Them and literally every football club ever.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Nov 2021 14:23

I had quite a strong dislike for them under Frank Lampard tbh. But that was probably mainly due to the media focus. And beating Leeds in the semi of the POs before losing themselves made up for that a bit

otherwise just another (soon to be ex-)champ club

bagman

by bagman » 12 Nov 2021 14:35

Article in Derby programme on opening day in the Championship following their relegation from Premiership " You can tell how far we have fallen, when we end up playing Reading!"

Bring it on!

Jinx

by Jinx » 12 Nov 2021 15:51

John Gregory, the pcunt! Dreadfully condescending thing to write. Hope they go bust

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Nov 2021 18:14

I have a strong dislike too, its probably down to media though; Lampard first and now Rooney's Derby etc...particularly the BBC

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 12 Nov 2021 19:42

paultheroyal
WestYorksRoyal
paultheroyal

Absolutely delighted if they fall down the leagues, the one club i absolutely despise, be very sweet this year, if we stay up!

Seriously? Most fans have a long list of clubs the absolutely despise, but for you it's only Derby? What about Leeds? Swindon? Fulham? West Ham? QPR? Portsmouth?

Trust me its Derby - no malice to Swindon or Oxford apart from being rivals and i genuinely hope either or both join us in the Championship.

Leeds irritate but thats it and non plussed about others - as for Derby - dont get me started!!

No malice to Swindon or Oxford… Get out!

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 12 Nov 2021 22:02

bagman Article in Derby programme on opening day in the Championship following their relegation from Premiership " You can tell how far we have fallen, when we end up playing Reading!"

Bring it on!

Yes, I as there, 2002. We took near on 5,000 fans.
You’re right, it’s unbelievable, but yes that was in the official programme, and their lot sang….. “you’re only here to see the champions”. Wangkers!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Nov 2021 07:30

oldebiscuit
bagman Article in Derby programme on opening day in the Championship following their relegation from Premiership " You can tell how far we have fallen, when we end up playing Reading!"

Bring it on!

You’re right, it’s unbelievable, but yes that was in the official programme, and their lot sang….. “you’re only here to see the champions”. Wangkers!

And Reading might have been Champions too! They finished 4th while Derby managed 18th.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Nov 2021 10:39

Sutekh
oldebiscuit

Bring it on!

And Reading might have been Champions too! They finished 4th while Derby managed 18th.

Fozzy was outstanding that season.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Nov 2021 11:51

Bring it on!

It was a fair comment at the time.

Fast forward a few years and we go there in the Premier League and thrash them 4-0, regrettably on the day that we were relegated..
To this day I do believe that day we were so far superior that we could have pushed on and scored the 8 goals needed to stay up.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Nov 2021 14:42

South Coast Royal

Bring it on!

Fast forward a few years and we go there in the Premier League and thrash them 4-0, regrettably on the day that we were relegated..
To this day I do believe that day we were so far superior that we could have pushed on and scored the 8 goals needed to stay up.

Think you will find we (only) needed to win 7--0 to stay up on goals scored. So only three goals short.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Nov 2021 15:06

The Royal Forester
South Coast Royal

Bring it on!

Think you will find we (only) needed to win 7--0 to stay up on goals scored. So only three goals short.

That's made us all feel so much better :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Nov 2021 10:57

The Royal Forester
South Coast Royal

Bring it on!

Didn’t SC say sometime after that he didn’t know that and would have changed his decisions if he had?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Nov 2021 12:14

Sutekh
The Royal Forester
South Coast Royal

Didn’t SC say sometime after that he didn’t know that and would have changed his decisions if he had?

Surely he would have known?!
Or someone in the camp should have known at any rate

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 14 Nov 2021 13:42

bcubed
Sutekh
The Royal Forester Think you will find we (only) needed to win 7--0 to stay up on goals scored. So only three goals short.

Surely he would have known?!
Or someone in the camp should have known at any rate

I seem to remember he did say that in an interview quite sometime (months?) after the match. I thought at the time why didn't he or any staff know the closeness of goal difference.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Nov 2021 14:02

I don't think it mattered. From the 15th to the 76th minute we were doing enough and no one really expected Fulham to beat Pompey.

We scored the 3rd on 69 minutes. By the time Fulham scored, we had about 16 minutes to score 4 goals, minus any time it too to find out they'd scored and get the message across.

I remember Lita scoring the 4th on 90 minutes and tried to celebrate. But by the all the fans knew Fulham had scored and it was irrelevant. So he got at best some sad applause.

Think it was clear the team didn’t know Fulham had scored until that point.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Nov 2021 09:08

Stoke lose their best CB (and maybe player) to an ACL on international duty. Can't be happy about that

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Nov 2021 10:00

Derby's points deduction should be known today.

17149 posts