17149 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Zip » 26 Nov 2021 16:38

Hound
Zip
Hound
yep. I'd say all in they've had about as good a deal as us and doing equally as well (squad size and restrictions compared to injuries). Not that they are making a much better stab at it

They have drawn a lot of their games and only lost five. We have won more but lost twice as many. You are correct in pointing on that net of points deductions they would be level with us but considering they have been hit so hard by the EFL I think Rooney deserves more credit than Pauno.

more restricted about as much a handicap as a million injuries or whatever we've had imo

Anyway Pauno won't have that as an excuse going forward hopefully

Hopefully another couple this weekend. It would give Pauno a full bench of options. No excuses about players being tired. He will have enough options.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Nov 2021 17:05

tidus_mi2
Orion1871 Interesting quotes from Sheffield United Chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa:

Paul will be the club's football manager

I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman.

We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football.

Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either.

Haha wow, that's a very direct response.

Busy people with many interests. Once the novelty wears off. They'll spend their time and money on another vanity project.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Nov 2021 20:31

The Peterborough v Barnsley game was awful. We really would have to be bad to finish below either of them

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Nov 2021 22:56

Royal_jimmy The Peterborough v Barnsley game was awful. We really would have to be bad to finish below either of them

Yeah, both sides will be kicking themselves for not taking all 3 points there. A point does them no favours

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Nov 2021 09:22

Royal_jimmy The Peterborough v Barnsley game was awful. We really would have to be bad to finish below either of them

A few weeks ago we said the same about Hull but the have won 4 on the bounce.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Nov 2021 09:37

WestYorksRoyal

it can always happen - Barnsley have surprised me just how bad they've been this year compared to last. they must still have some decent players. Peterborough are out of their depth but can score goals.

Ideally we can get ourselves in the mix of the pack above us inc the likes of Bristol City and Forest asap and get a bit of a gap built to the bottom 3

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Nov 2021 09:46

Hound
WestYorksRoyal

it can always happen - Barnsley have surprised me just how bad they've been this year compared to last. they must still have some decent players. Peterborough are out of their depth but can score goals.

Ideally we can get ourselves in the mix of the pack above us inc the likes of Bristol City and Forest asap and get a bit of a gap built to the bottom 3

Some massive games coming up. Boxing Day will be big and also both Hull and Derby visiting the SCL.

I think we can get something vs. WBA too: their fans aren't happy with the manager and they haven't looked good for weeks.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Nov 2021 09:46

John Smith
Hound
WestYorksRoyal A few weeks ago we said the same about Hull but the have won 4 on the bounce.

Some massive games coming up. Boxing Day will be big and also both Hull and Derby visiting the SCL.

I think we can get something vs. WBA too: their fans aren't happy with the manager and they haven't looked good for weeks.

1 goal in 6 games isnt it? They looked very blunt vs Forest

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Nov 2021 09:54

Hound
John Smith
Hound

1 goal in 6 games isnt it? They looked very blunt vs Forest

2 I think but no goal in 6 hours now - Coventry away next, so could easily be another 90 to add to that - which will guarantee a goal fest by the time we rock up to be the first opponents under their new manager :wink:

Is beginning to look like Barnsley and Ismael had something going on there that was stronger than the sum of the parts as both struggling (in relation to this seasons expectations) since parting ways.

Edit: They scored 11 in their first 4 games. So have scored just 16 in the last 16 - 7 of which came in the wins at Cardiff and V Bristol City.
Last edited by Stranded on 29 Nov 2021 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Nov 2021 09:57

Stranded
2 I think but no goal in 6 hours now - Coventry away next, so could easily be another 90 to add to that - which will guarantee a goal fest by the time we rock up to be the first opponents under their new manager :wink:

Is beginning to look like Barnsley and Ismael had something going on there that was stronger than the sum of the parts as both struggling (in relation to this seasons expectations) since parting ways.

I think Ismael goes after we beat them 2-0, returns to Barnsley and keeps them up miraculously, at the expense of Dull City.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 29 Nov 2021 18:38

Derby v QPR tonight. We are probably not going to catch the fakes, which means we probably want Derby NOT to win tonight.

Much as I feel sick saying this, I think I want the fakes to win tonight. There you go....said it....and just yacked up.

Let's keep Derby way way behind us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2021 18:45

John Smith
Hound
WestYorksRoyal A few weeks ago we said the same about Hull but the have won 4 on the bounce.

Yep we have an opportunity to pull well clear but it means we must get our act together at home. We have dropped 16 points from our 10 home games this season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Nov 2021 20:19

Derby are a solid side winning 1-0 but there is only so many goals you can score when you are defending for 75% of the game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2021 20:28

windermereROYAL Derby are a solid side winning 1-0 but there is only so many goals you can score when you are defending for 75% of the game.

They don’t concede many though. If they were to win tonight it would be seven points from their last three games all of which have been against top six sides.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Nov 2021 20:54

Zip
windermereROYAL Derby are a solid side winning 1-0 but there is only so many goals you can score when you are defending for 75% of the game.

They don’t concede many though. If they were to win tonight it would be seven points from their last three games all of which have been against top six sides.

It will be tough but I do think they have a shot of surviving, I also think it might be a fairly low point tally to stay up, although right now, considering we're the team in 21st, it would take 46pts to stay up which is probably an average value.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Nov 2021 21:15

tidus_mi2
Zip

It will be tough but I do think they have a shot of surviving, I also think it might be a fairly low point tally to stay up, although right now, considering we're the team in 21st, it would take 46pts to stay up which is probably an average value.

46pts as a target is a 67pt season for them. Assuming it stays 1-1, that means 44pts from 26 games. A 78pt season, they aren't that good.

Current points tally (without deduction) has them on for 53 points.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Nov 2021 21:32

I believe I jinxed Derby.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Nov 2021 22:46

That was some winner from Andre Gray.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Nov 2021 23:08

Derby will not survive, they will need something like 1.73 points a game just to reach 46 points. that's very nearly 80 points a season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2021 23:11

Pepe the Horseman That was some winner from Andre Gray.

Goal of the Season contender, for sure.

17149 posts