Rival Watch

17259 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2020 09:49

Hound
From Despair To Where?
Ascotexgunner Not gonna be popular but well done Brentford.....carrying the flag for the EFL.
Great goal as well........Hopefully this will be a distraction as well from our point of view.
I bet there's a few PL clubs looking at their players as well.....some of them wouldn't look out of place up there.

Got nothing against Brentford. Decent, well run club. I do think their new stadium looks bloody awful though, all wierd angles, mismatched stands and vomit spatter seats. Brutalism gone wrong.

first time I'd really looked at the Brentford stadium last night as saw you'd mentioned it after our game

yeah its weird. The seat colours look terrible, not sure what the idea was there. Almost want them to go up, spank a load of money, and get relegated again so we can stop hearing about the 'Brentford model' in the commentary though

More than likely it’s a take on diversity/inclusivity

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2020 09:58

Sutekh
Hound
From Despair To Where?
Got nothing against Brentford. Decent, well run club. I do think their new stadium looks bloody awful though, all wierd angles, mismatched stands and vomit spatter seats. Brutalism gone wrong.

first time I'd really looked at the Brentford stadium last night as saw you'd mentioned it after our game

yeah its weird. The seat colours look terrible, not sure what the idea was there. Almost want them to go up, spank a load of money, and get relegated again so we can stop hearing about the 'Brentford model' in the commentary though

which would be good if so but it isnt obvious that is the case, so not really doing the job

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Dec 2020 10:22

Sutekh
Hound
From Despair To Where?

It is apparently a temporary measure as having different colour seats gives the impression that those seats are full whereas if the seats are all the same colour the stand looks empty.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Dec 2020 10:27

Stranded
Sutekh
Hound

It is apparently a temporary measure as having different colour seats gives the impression that those seats are full whereas if the seats are all the same colour the stand looks empty.

It kind of works, as it looks like a fifa crowd.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Dec 2020 10:28

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded
Sutekh

I would imagine it works better from the pitch as you aren't really looking at the stands so would look "full" in your peripheral vision.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Dec 2020 10:29

Stranded
Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

I would imagine it works better from the pitch as you aren't really looking at the stands so would look "full" in your peripheral vision.

Tru dat.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2020 10:43

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded
Pepe the Horseman It kind of works, as it looks like a fifa crowd.

Tru dat.

oh ok. Yeah i can see how that would work, rather than just banks of one block of colour

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Dec 2020 11:07

Stranded
Sutekh
Hound

I assumed they were copying Stadio Alvalade or the Gabba which have a similar splattervom effect.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 23 Dec 2020 11:21

Hound
Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

Tru dat.

oh ok. Yeah i can see how that would work, rather than just banks of one block of colour

I thought the other day that they looked like seat covers rather than the actual plastic of the seats that were coloured so the above explains it. Guess these will be removed when the fans are back.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2020 13:41

Hound
Sutekh
Hound

which would be good if so but it isnt obvious that is the case, so not really doing the job

Way of disguising empty seats by breaking up the uniform colour ain't it?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Dec 2020 15:31

From Despair To Where?
Stranded
Sutekh

I assumed they were copying Stadio Alvalade or the Gabba which have a similar splattervom effect.

I think its pretty common these days tbh.
I'm sure I have seen it at loads of Australian venues in particular

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Dec 2020 21:45

That Pukki dive when the defender got the ball. It's like they practice it. Look up.....arch your back.and jump......

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2020 22:22

McCleary tearing it up at Wycombe and Gunter scoring for Charlton. Genuinely think we should have kept him and Gunter. Would both be upgrades on what we've got right now.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Dec 2020 22:44

Jagermesiter1871 McCleary tearing it up at Wycombe and Gunter scoring for Charlton. Genuinely think we should have kept him and Gunter. Would both be upgrades on what we've got right now.

The fact they are at Wycombe and Charlton speaks volumes.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Dec 2020 22:49

Aye. The only player we should have maybe kept is Obita.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2020 22:52

Pepe the Horseman Aye. The only player we should have maybe kept is Obita.

I honestly would have kept all of them on 1 year contracts at the wages Wycombe/Oxford/Charlton will be paying them.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2020 22:57

Would rather we had Gunts than Esteves. One a settled solid championship player we own. The other a risky inexperienced player that we don't own and if he turned out to be decent wouldn't have a chance of signing.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2020 23:00

I suppose the question is are Semedo and Esteves upgrades on Gunts & GMac? For me - no.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2020 23:10

Jagermesiter1871 McCleary tearing it up at Wycombe and Gunter scoring for Charlton. Genuinely think we should have kept him and Gunter. Would both be upgrades on what we've got right now.

:|

Yep, great idea to have Gunter to be a really expensive 2nd or 3rd choice blocking Holmes' development . And McCleary really would be great to have occasionally making the bench.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2020 23:40

Snowflake Royal

:|

Yep, great idea to have Gunter to be a really expensive 2nd or 3rd choice blocking Holmes' development . And McCleary really would be great to have occasionally making the bench.

I'd start McCleary over Semedo, Aluko, Baldock and would actually give Ejaria some much needed competition. And Gunter was a great utility player.

17259 posts