Rival Watch

17149 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2019 09:58

genome Rangers fans really do have some weird agenda against Ejaria... every tweet about him from the media is followed up with about 10 of them saying that he couldn't hack it in Scotland and is now in "an easier league". Strange people

And yet it's a league and club where Sone Aluko thrived.

To be fair, it can't be easy being a Rangers fan. It's a club where expectation far outstrips ability and their bitterest rival has won every domestic trophy going for the past 3 years at a canter. If it's such a strong league, why did they spend the best part of 20 years trying to jump ship into the English league system.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2019 10:00

From Despair To Where?
genome Rangers fans really do have some weird agenda against Ejaria... every tweet about him from the media is followed up with about 10 of them saying that he couldn't hack it in Scotland and is now in "an easier league". Strange people

That’s basically the argument settler in one line. No coming back from that

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Aug 2019 10:10

Hound
From Despair To Where?

It's clearly a reflection of the person more than the league. Ejaria found it hard in a dire Sunderland team and went to Rangers low on confidence. That form continued.

He started slowly here and improved as the season went on; clearly we had an environment that allowed him to flourish. I remember Moore saying in his podcast interview last year that he's naturally quite shy, and that if he grew in confidence and came out of his shell a bit more, he could be even better, which is what we're now seeing. Hopefully he can spend a few years here and mature as a person, as that will allow him to realise his potential which looks limitless at times.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Aug 2019 10:25

WestYorksRoyal
Hound
From Despair To Where?

It's clearly a reflection of the person more than the league. Ejaria found it hard in a dire Sunderland team and went to Rangers low on confidence. That form continued.

He started slowly here and improved as the season went on; clearly we had an environment that allowed him to flourish. I remember Moore saying in his podcast interview last year that he's naturally quite shy, and that if he grew in confidence and came out of his shell a bit more, he could be even better, which is what we're now seeing. Hopefully he can spend a few years here and mature as a person, as that will allow him to realise his potential which looks limitless at times.

Some Rangers fans saying he started well, and hid when the going got tough. Sounds to me like they're claiming Ejaria was mentally weak.
You do need a tougher skin than Ejaria had (it's probably something that will develop, he's still very young) to thrive at Rangers - I just don't get why that's something Rangers fans would feel proud of - that they essentially bullied a talented young lad into his shell - but it takes all sorts.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2019 10:26

The level of scrutiny and pressure at Rangers is intense, doubly so by Celtic being streets ahead of them at the moment. Add to that the pressure of being managed by a club legend at your parent club. I can understand why he struggled there and why he's thrived in an environment where he has more freedom to play his own game.

You look at Rangers' squad. There really aren't many players there with any significant experience above Championship level. Most are recruited from Premiership academies, the Championship and other SPL teams.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Aug 2019 12:31

NewCorkSeth
Hound Confused how Charlton have managed to sign Hemed

Didn’t think a club could cancel the contract and have another team sign the player

If so, maybe there is still hope of shifting Gunter and co this month

Yeah. I thought I read somewhere that it could only happen like that if the contract was cancelled during a transfer window. Unless theres something to do with registration and Brighton didnt register him as a player? Seems odd.

There is a loophole, and Brighton found it.
Brighton agreed to cancel Hemed’s contract, enabling him to be classified as a player “out of registration”. League regulations state that registration has to expire or have been cancelled “at any time prior to the end of a Transfer Window”. In the case of the summer transfer window, however, the “applicable end date is that applied to clubs in Leagues One and Two”.

In May, EFL clubs voted in favour of a proposal to introduce different transfer deadlines for Championship clubs compared to League One and League Two. The Championship deadline became aligned to that of the Premier League (August 8th) but League One and League Two clubs can carry on doing business until August 31.

The August 31 deadline get-out is what enabled Hemed to be reunited in south-east London with compatriot and former Brighton team-mate Beram Kayal on a one-year contract. Midfielder Kayal joined Charlton on deadline day on a season-long loan.

Source : https://theathletic.com/1152739/2019/08 ... ndow-shut/

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Aug 2019 13:16

muirinho
NewCorkSeth
Hound Confused how Charlton have managed to sign Hemed

Didn’t think a club could cancel the contract and have another team sign the player

If so, maybe there is still hope of shifting Gunter and co this month

Yeah. I thought I read somewhere that it could only happen like that if the contract was cancelled during a transfer window. Unless theres something to do with registration and Brighton didnt register him as a player? Seems odd.

Brighton agreed to cancel Hemed’s contract, enabling him to be classified as a player “out of registration”. League regulations state that registration has to expire or have been cancelled “at any time prior to the end of a Transfer Window”. In the case of the summer transfer window, however, the “applicable end date is that applied to clubs in Leagues One and Two”.

In May, EFL clubs voted in favour of a proposal to introduce different transfer deadlines for Championship clubs compared to League One and League Two. The Championship deadline became aligned to that of the Premier League (August 8th) but League One and League Two clubs can carry on doing business until August 31.

The August 31 deadline get-out is what enabled Hemed to be reunited in south-east London with compatriot and former Brighton team-mate Beram Kayal on a one-year contract. Midfielder Kayal joined Charlton on deadline day on a season-long loan.

Not sure I follow - Brighton and Charlton are both Premier League/Championship clubs. Where does League One/Two come into it?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Aug 2019 13:21

genome
muirinho
NewCorkSeth Yeah. I thought I read somewhere that it could only happen like that if the contract was cancelled during a transfer window. Unless theres something to do with registration and Brighton didnt register him as a player? Seems odd.

Not sure I follow - Brighton and Charlton are both Premier League/Championship clubs. Where does League One/Two come into it?

That's the loophholy bit - it doesn't matter which team is cancelling his contract, and which team is rehiring him - the relevant transfer window in this case is the League 1 and League 2 one.

Whereas for transfers - it's the window of the league you're transferring into, that counts.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Aug 2019 14:18

muirinho
genome
muirinho

That's the loophholy bit - it doesn't matter which team is cancelling his contract, and which team is rehiring him - the relevant transfer window in this case is the League 1 and League 2 one.

Whereas for transfers - it's the window of the league you're transferring into, that counts.

Unbelievable. It's to the letter of the law but not the spirit. I do like me a loophole though. Good on them.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Aug 2019 16:11

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
genome

Unbelievable. It's to the letter of the law but not the spirit. I do like me a loophole though. Good on them.

Does the FA company secretary need to walk for this oversight in the law? I think they do.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2019 16:57

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
genome

Guess the fact is, the UEFA transfer window doesn't close until 2nd September. The top 2 divisions in England have decided alone to impose an earlier closure, so you are going to get scenarios like this else you could easily see a restraint of trade case brought pretty quickly by a player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2019 13:14

Filthy penalty decision for Derby vs WBA.

Refs aren’t great in the division are they?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Aug 2019 13:25

Hound Filthy penalty decision for Derby vs WBA.

Refs aren’t great in the division are they?

justice served!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Aug 2019 18:37

Stoke very likely to sack their manager soon, just a word, keep your fukking hands off.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2019 18:46

Can't see Gomes being remotely interested in Stoke. That's got Hughton written all over it.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Aug 2019 21:05

Pablo Hernandez pass for Leeds first goal was absolutely sublime.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 21:22

From Despair To Where? Can't see Gomes being remotely interested in Stoke. That's got Hughton written all over it.

Hell probably do a job if he goes there. Next seasons winners...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2019 21:23

NewCorkSeth
From Despair To Where? Can't see Gomes being remotely interested in Stoke. That's got Hughton written all over it.

Agreed. He'll take them up then get sacked by Christmas.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2019 21:40

Hugill’s miss for QPR a highlight for the day

Wigan look terrible - just relegate them now

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 21:46

From Despair To Where?
NewCorkSeth

Agreed. He'll take them up then get sacked by Christmas.

When do we play Stoke? I hope its soon.

17149 posts