Rival Watch

17259 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by URZZZZ » 04 Oct 2019 21:39

leon
windermereROYAL Goodness me. Middlesbrough look poor. it`s hard to imagine them beating anyone on present form...oh wait. :shock:

Both teams look absolutely shit. We must be worse than shit to lose week in week out. I’ve not really seen a decent championship team this season. Wtf is Gomes doing?

That’s really harsh on Birmingham, played well I thought

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Oct 2019 21:47

Snowflake Royal
leon
windermereROYAL Goodness me. Middlesbrough look poor. it`s hard to imagine them beating anyone on present form...oh wait. :shock:

Both teams look absolutely shit. We must be worse than shit to lose week in week out. I’ve not really seen a decent championship team this season. Wtf is Gomes doing?

Conversely I don't think I've seen a bad Championship side yet (ourselves excluded). Fulham's defence didn't look much cop otherwise they'd be the clear standout of who I've seen so far.

Watched Huddersfield play someone who I can’t remember and they looked absolutely woeful

And they lost to us

So there’s one.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Oct 2019 21:51

Snowflake Royal
leon

Conversely I don't think I've seen a bad Championship side yet (ourselves excluded). Fulham's defence didn't look much cop otherwise they'd be the clear standout of who I've seen so far.

In before someone comes up with the you don’t watch games joke :lol:

Out of all the teams I’ve seen play is so far, I’d rank something like this:

Fulham
Charlton
Wednesday
Blackburn
West Brom
Swansea
Boro
Cardiff

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Oct 2019 21:57

Snowflake Royal
leon

Well I didn’t go to Fulham game but apart from Charlton who were very organised the games I’ve seen on the TV and at Reading the standard has been mediocre.

But I’m not surprised you’re disagreeing with me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Oct 2019 22:02

leon
Snowflake Royal
leon

Well I didn’t go to Fulham game but apart from Charlton who were very organised the games I’ve seen on the TV and at Reading the standard has been mediocre.

Fulham were impressive. Even before the sending off they were in control. Lots of first time passing, often intricate and angled passes, good movement, good shape and some impressive finishing. A cut above us that’s for sure.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Oct 2019 22:14

Zip
leon
Snowflake Royal Conversely I don't think I've seen a bad Championship side yet (ourselves excluded). Fulham's defence didn't look much cop otherwise they'd be the clear standout of who I've seen so far.

Fulham were impressive. Even before the sending off they were in control. Lots of first time passing, often intricate and angled passes, good movement, good shape and some impressive finishing. A cut above us that’s for sure.

I’d hope so. They spent an absolute shit ton to be utter shit in the PL.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2019 07:39

Zip
leon
Snowflake Royal Conversely I don't think I've seen a bad Championship side yet (ourselves excluded). Fulham's defence didn't look much cop otherwise they'd be the clear standout of who I've seen so far.

They looked quite shambolic at the back until they went 1-0 up though - we probably should have been 1 up

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Oct 2019 08:49

Hound
Zip
leon

They looked quite shambolic at the back until they went 1-0 up though - we probably should have been 1 up

Do you think so? We only had the one clear cut chance for Meite that I can think of.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 05 Oct 2019 09:06

Shambolic was the fact that we could have lost to Fulham 8-1 if it wasn’t for Rafael. I’m not sure we should class the Fulham defending as shambolic. I can only remember the 1 chance for us before the sending off too.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Oct 2019 09:52

Lawrence and Bennett fined six weeks wages :roll:
Cowardice from the club

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2019 10:46

Zip
Hound
Zip

Do you think so? We only had the one clear cut chance for Meite that I can think of.

Puscas did a nice little roll back for Barrett too, but Barrett didn't anticipate it so got to it late meaning a defender who was on it could close his angle. If Barrett had anticipated strong chance he could at least force a good save.

Don't think it would have ultimately mattered though as Fulham looked like they could score with almost every attack.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2019 11:58

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Hound

Puscas did a nice little roll back for Barrett too, but Barrett didn't anticipate it so got to it late meaning a defender who was on it could close his angle. If Barrett had anticipated strong chance he could at least force a good save.

Don't think it would have ultimately mattered though as Fulham looked like they could score with almost every attack.

That and when the keeper hoofed against his own player. That was all before they went 1 up

Pretty shambolic considering we hardly flew at them

Not for one minute suggesting we’d have won if we had scored though - let me make that clear!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Oct 2019 12:02

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Zip

That and when the keeper hoofed against his own player. That was all before they went 1 up

Pretty shambolic considering we hardly flew at them

Not for one minute suggesting we’d have won if we had scored though - let me make that clear!

I think you’re making things up Houndy.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Oct 2019 13:50

Charlton looking good vs Fulham. They didn’t give them a kick up front first half.

Edit. Not so second half

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2019 16:10

2-2 good result though

Fulham really aren’t as good as they decided they were after smashing an awful RFC side in midweek

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Oct 2019 13:57

Zip Fulham were impressive. Even before the sending off they were in control. Lots of first time passing, often intricate and angled passes, good movement, good shape and some impressive finishing. A cut above us that’s for sure.

They certainly were, and that was largely down to Harry Arter.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Oct 2019 13:59

John Smith
Zip Fulham were impressive. Even before the sending off they were in control. Lots of first time passing, often intricate and angled passes, good movement, good shape and some impressive finishing. A cut above us that’s for sure.

They certainly were, and that was largely down to Harry Arter crying like a baby and getting Swift sent off.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Oct 2019 14:00

Hound
John Smith

They certainly were, and that was largely down to Harry Arter crying like a baby and getting Swift sent off.

He’s got previous.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Oct 2019 14:02

leon
Hound
John Smith

He’s got previous.

tbf that dive/sending off of his against Cardiff was one of the most comical things I've seen this season. Absolutely brilliant in its utter pathetic-ness. Whoever that ref was deserves a pat on the back for it

For anyone who hasn't seen or wants to see again:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... simulation

it's brilliant. Everything about it, including the flop over and then the reaction. What a complete knobend.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Oct 2019 14:28

leon
Hound
John Smith

He’s got previous.

Did he gain his team and advantage and help win them the game? Was his positioning and passing absolutely flawless all night?

17259 posts