Rival Watch

17257 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Simmops » 29 Sep 2020 12:36

Old Man Andrews So Oxford, Aldershot, Swindon are not our rivals because they are not in the same division? They are geographical rivals. The teams in our league are divisional rivals. Leeds are our rivals because we were in the same league as us for years and wound us up either in the clubs approach or with their supporters.

To not understand how rivalries work and how there are different streams to rivalry in footabll shows a clear lack of footballing intelligence.

Leeds are not our rivals at all.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2020 12:41

They are in terms of recent needle and their antics within football. Leeds are a rival to every single team in the football league. A lot of that stems from straightforward jealousy and some of it comes from how they go about their business and how they are favoured by the media.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Sep 2020 12:45

But no Leeds fan would say we are their rivals. Their rivals are the Yorkshire teams, Manchester United etc.

No Leeds fan would be like "oh yeah away day to RG1 let's bring out the top lads"

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2020 12:48

Simmops But no Leeds fan would say we are their rivals. Their rivals are the Yorkshire teams, Manchester United etc.

No Leeds fan would be like "oh yeah away day to RG1 let's bring out the top lads"

I think their supporters are of the opinion every other supporter hates them, which is largely true. It is that level of ego by both the Leeds supporters and the club as a whole which riles supporters of other teams. The past seasons when they have been in the Championship show us this, there was always a buzz when they came to play us and a bit of an extra edge amongst our supporters.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2020 12:50

Walks into thread to see if there's anything interesting about our division rivals being discussed.

Sees OMA ruining it deliberately yet again.

Walks out of thread.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2020 12:52

Snowflake Royal Walks into thread to see if there's anything interesting about our division rivals being discussed.

Walks out of thread.

Walk even further please and when you get there just keep walking.

We are having a sensible discussion about what makes a rival and disagreeing on a few points without any drama. You aren't able to contribute so go away.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Sep 2020 12:59

Snowflake Royal Walks into thread to see if there's anything interesting about our division rivals being discussed.

Walks out of thread.

Me and OMA are having a discussion about whether or not Leeds are our rivals. The topic is about rivals and therefore it is on topic.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Sep 2020 13:10

Reckon Bournemouth can be the team I hate this season if they take Riquelme away from us..

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Sep 2020 13:11

NewCorkSeth Reckon Bournemouth can be the team I hate this season if they take Riquelme away from us..

Didn't he retire oxf*rd years ago? Why would we want to sign him?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Sep 2020 13:53

Simmops

Walks out of thread.

Me and OMA are having a discussion about whether or not Leeds are our rivals. The topic is about rivals and therefore it is on topic.

I can help you.

They’re not this season. Next.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Sep 2020 14:12

Simmops
NewCorkSeth Reckon Bournemouth can be the team I hate this season if they take Riquelme away from us..

Didn't he retire oxf*rd years ago? Why would we want to sign him?

for the lols.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Sep 2020 15:07

genome A thread to monitor sides around us.

It's currently Newcastle 1-1 QPR, and Blackburn 0-0 Leeds.

Huddersfield and Brighton play each other tomorrow - I'd take a draw from that.

Just to quote the OP.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2020 15:09

It evolved since the thread started, grow up.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Sep 2020 15:11

Can a mod just change the title to "Divisional Rivals Watch" pls.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Sep 2020 15:21

Old Man Andrews It evolved since the thread started, grow up.

Just a shame you haven't.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Divisional rivals watch specifically excluding LOLeeds as they aren't in our division and are not our rivals

by Simmops » 29 Sep 2020 15:22

NewCorkSeth Can a mod just change the title to "Divisional Rivals Watch" pls.

Done

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Sep 2020 15:22

From Despair To Where?

:lol:

OMA can't come back from that one. He has been pwned

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Sep 2020 15:27

As the thread's maker, yes the thread has evolved. However, it's not for general chat about clubs in the Premier League, nor any team who has no relevance to Reading FC at this moment in time, that's what General Football is for :arrow:

The thread is for talk about teams in our immediate vicinity, but discussion of other Championship clubs is fine too. Towards the end of the season, this can be extended to: PL sides who are going to be relegated & League One teams who may be promoted (for example, when we were discussing the playoffs at the end of last season). Talk about local rivals also permitted although let's face it, it's going to be rare as these teams are rarely relevant to Reading any more.

Now I hope this settles the matter before any more fun and joy is sucked out of the whole thing

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2020 15:28

From Despair To Where?

You're not grown up or knowledgeable enough to understand what a rivalry is apparently. I thought you were better than that, guess not.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Sep 2020 15:29

genome As the thread's maker, yes the thread has evolved. However, it's not for general chat about clubs in the Premier League, nor any team who has no relevance to Reading FC at this moment in time, that's what General Football is for :arrow:

The thread is for talk about teams in our immediate vicinity, but discussion of other Championship clubs is fine too. Towards the end of the season, this can be extended to: PL sides who are going to be relegated & League One teams who may be promoted (for example, when we were discussing the playoffs at the end of last season). Talk about local rivals also permitted although let's face it, it's going to be rare as these teams are rarely relevant to Reading any more.

Now I hope this settles the matter before any more fun and joy is sucked out of the whole thing

This and if OMA really, really wants to mention Leeds, let him. Just don't reply to those posts.

17257 posts