MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Slumber, Inc

Davezk

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Slumber, Inc

by Davezk » 01 Apr 2017 19:18

Leeds are pr1cks stamping on someones head, throwing bottles at Al Habsi. Bunch of morons.

Thanks for the points Leeds :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2017 19:22

One Beer is never enough. Kermie was a bit of an embarrassment there....

Yeah. Cooper stepped into him pretty heftily, but unnecessary theatrics. If the ref sees it, it *might* be given, if he doesn't it won't be. So pick your arse off the floor and keep playing.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 01 Apr 2017 19:23

Beerens touch is absolutely World Class. If only he had a better end product.
Blackett was superb after his early mistake.
Kermit MOTM, player of the Season for me.
Grabban awful, hope we don't sign him.
Gunter, Moore and Obita solid.
Everyone else had an alright game.

Referee was good, apart from not sending Cooper off but if you don't see it not much you can do.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2017 19:23

Great win, and to be honest it was pretty comfortable. If there is one thing we have show we are adept with us teams hoofing it long into the box. They didn't get a single chance of any note second half - outstanding defending

Agree Mutch again did little, Grabban showed a bit more. Beerens missed the type of chances he has been putting away for us this season

Otherwise an excellent performance. Midfield were superb 1st half, defence excellent second. Great win.

Dive a bit poor from Kermit but no comparison to that shocking stamp. At least 5 matches for that disgrace I hope

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2017 19:32

I thought it was noticeable how much more Leeds dominated once Kelly and Beerens went off for Mutch and Grabban.

Grabban might offer something, but only in a more conventional front two IMO. Mutch just seems a bit of a luxury empty shirt.

I'm often a critic, but Williams had a strong game today. Likewise Gunter was fine, even though the way he plays winds me up.

We really should have won that by two or three goals given the string of three or four good chances we didn't convert.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 01 Apr 2017 19:40

10539.4 Miles Away Absolute pearler! He'll be well happy with that. Have a feeling there's plenty more goals in this though

Very glad I was completely wrong here, epic defending for the last 25

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Apr 2017 21:27

LightwaterRoyal
Referee was good, apart from not sending Cooper off but if you don't see it not much you can do.

Hate to see what a poor ref looks like then !
He was incredibly inconsistent, booked a player for something one minute then dealt with identical (or worse) with a little chat seconds later.
I don't think he ever had control of the game but luckily no one got hurt and he didn't influence the result.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Apr 2017 00:59

LightwaterRoyal Beerens touch is absolutely World Class. If only he had a better end product.
Blackett was superb after his early mistake.
Kermit MOTM, player of the Season for me.
Grabban awful, hope we don't sign him.
Gunter, Moore and Obita solid.
Everyone else had an alright game.

So much of this is wrong.

Blackett was all over the place for the whole game. Utter horse shit.
Kermorgant was good but Al-Habsi is clearly going to be player of the season.
Grabban, agreed
Gunter, Moore and Obita, granted
Williams was also excellent
Ref was crap all the way through. Blew up for the innocuous and ignored rabid hacks.

Poor show old boy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Apr 2017 08:54

SCIAG
genome
mot Really.... :roll:

Reading fans have been trying to wind you guys up on Twitter all week, and you all keep on biting. :lol:

Never seen a group of fans get so rattled about little old Reading. Constantly looking to reaffirm your status as a "big club" even though Reading have had far more success than Leeds in the last 10 years.

The most insecure club in the Championship.

In fairness I reckon we're in the top three for that, probably above Leeds. Every second home loss gets pronounced the worst performance in our history and a sure sign that we'll be relegated next season. We boo if it's 0-0 at half time, our players get escapedgoated if people don't like their "body language", our managers are either useless or about to be pinched by Barcelona, and our fans have a weird obsession with what fans of other clubs think about us.

You've just described most clubs' fans in the league. Leeds feel the need to remind everyone how big they are, how much success they 50 years ago, and how big and gr8 their away following is.

The fact they need to affirm this to a club like Reading says everything. As a fanbase we know we are historically just a small club and have no pretenses otherwise.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2017 09:03

The 'big club' argument is surely one of the most tiresome in football. Really who cares?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Apr 2017 10:19

Hound The 'big club' argument is surely one of the most tiresome in football. Really who cares?

It's also a sign that a team are shit and their fans need to live on borrowed historic glory. Same with harping on about attendences.

I'd rather be enjoying Reading's best 20 years than consoling myself with how good Leeds (or whoever) used to be before I could talk.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Apr 2017 18:47

Let's be honest, the last thing Leeds won was a high court reprieve.