Back from the game - Leeds (H)

133 posts
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Leeds (H)

by Oilroyal » 01 Apr 2017 20:09

Great to see Stam pull off a convincing victory in style against the media Smug Gary Monk. First time in a while I've seen us be this convincing and have this much believe in our style of play....

Looking good, looking solid, looking forward.. Well done Jamp, well done the boys.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 01 Apr 2017 20:21

10539.4 Miles Away Dirty northern bastards

what an absolute pcunt

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 01 Apr 2017 20:34

Great result, proved we're up for the fight.

As well as the stamp, Al habsi having not one, not two but three bottles thrown at him from the Leeds end.

Scum of the earth doesn't cut it

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 01 Apr 2017 20:36

Stockport Royal Great result, proved we're up for the fight.

As well as the stamp, Al habsi having not one, not two but three bottles thrown at him from the Leeds end.

Scum of the earth doesn't cut it

"Dirty Leeds"

Great performance by all the starting 11.

Oxford - looked good, even after a headfull of studs.
Grabban - ok at times.
Mutch - ?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 Apr 2017 20:38

Firstly - great pre match build up I love the Black Skinhead graphics.
Secondly oxf*rd off with Sweet Caroline - it's shit and annoying
Third - we were great Leeds were shit, I can't believe they are in the playoffs
Fourth - late kickoffs are great but bad for my beer intake.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2017 20:47

Mings got 5 games a few weeks ago for something less clear cut

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 01 Apr 2017 20:49

Oilroyal Great to see Stam pull off a convincing victory in style against the media Smug Gary Monk. First time in a while I've seen us be this convincing and have this much believe in our style of play....

Looking good, looking solid, looking forward.. Well done Jamp, well done the boys.

Why does Garry Monk always seem to be sneering when he talks?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 01 Apr 2017 20:56

Great entertainment, and the fans got right behind the team, esp East Stand.
Two more wins and that should do it-for twenty or so minutes in the 1st half, Leeds were chasing shadows and looked very, very average. Last twenty minutes, without Kelly, we just didn't play any football & could have cocked it up.

Strangely a few players were poor & given the result against the team above us, I didn't quite know how to rate some of those; but IMO here we go:

Al 6: Apart from taking a few crosses, really didn't have much to do-one howler as usual.

Gunts 6: The poor side of the usual Gunts performance-but he did get more forward than he has recently.
Obita 6: Flapped a bit at times-was he ever really a winger ? Better in a five-although we were close to playing that system today.
Moore 9: Made Woods look very average-didn't put a foot wrong , all game.
Tyler 5: I might be a bit harsh-but he made a series of mistakes in the opening ten minutes-got better, once Leeds tried to batter us.
Kelly: Oh go on I will give him a 10-he was immense- and I thought his season was over after Newcastle-when he was so poor-once he came off we lost our shape.
Swift 6: Once again stings like a butterfly and floated like a bee-kept on losing the ball.
Williams 6: You just can't fault him for effort.
Beerens 4: Missed two reasonable chances and rarely contributes.
Kermit 8: Great goal & the heart of a lion.
Macca: Oh dear-when he's not interested, it really shows, and this was one of those days-barely worth a 2.

Much & Grabs-really are a couple of big time charlies-playing for the next contract.
Oxford-Looked a bit raw-I am told it was a bad stamp on his head , by the Leeds no 6-a Tyrone Mings moment. Stupid bugger, that's a 5 match ban you jerk. Credit to Oxford to carry on battling away and staying on.

Ref: Oh dear, how can we have picked up all those bookings and Leeds got none, for all their indiscretions-I cant blame him if he missed the stamp-but it wasn't a good day for him.

Leeds-absolutely shocked how poor they were, given the Managers reputation-they played precious little football & all they contributed was a battling spirit-but zero quality.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Apr 2017 21:00

Wonder if the media will be all over the Cooper stamp like they were with Mings against their beloved Man U?

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 01 Apr 2017 21:04

Just read Garry Monk's post game comments, the guy absolutely talks out of his arse.

"Albeit, a little bit more luck and a little bit more guile and we could have got that equaliser and nobody could have begrudged us that."

"First half we made too many mistakes, uncharacteristically. We felt really comfortable defending against them."

They in no way would have deserved an equaliser. Thought we were excellent, Blackett continues to be dodgy though. Off to get a Kermogant shirt before he becomes an investment banker.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Apr 2017 21:11

I didn't see the stamp, I was sat the opposite end of the East Stand but my God that is sickening, that is 100% intentional and needs a hefty ban.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2017 21:13

I thought both Gunter and Blackett were excellent to be honest. Gunter was far superior to their highly rated LB Taylor

Moore kept Wood very quiet - barely noticed him

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Apr 2017 21:15

Went on holiday today so gutted to have missed the game. That was truly terrible looking by their No 6 from the clip on This thread. So pleased we've put in a good and fighting performance. And I forgot to record it :cry:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Apr 2017 21:19

Vicky Pollard Just read Garry Monk's post game comments, the guy absolutely talks out of his arse.

"Albeit, a little bit more luck and a little bit more guile and we could have got that equaliser and nobody could have begrudged us that."

"First half we made too many mistakes, uncharacteristically. We felt really comfortable defending against them."

They in no way would have deserved an equaliser. Thought we were excellent, Blackett continues to be dodgy though. Off to get a Kermogant shirt before he becomes an investment banker.

What a total and utter prick. just like his thug of a team and fans, how many saves did AHH have to make, we could and should have been out of sight before the last 20 minutes when they pressed us..if Wood had played maybe they may have had a chance :D

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Apr 2017 21:22

Quite amazed that we kept a clean sheet, completely shut out a lump of a forward who has scored nearly 30 goals and yet apparently 3 out of our back four had shockers according to some.
I thought we defended well, Blackett looked comfortable, Obita had one of his best games for us and Gunter did all he was asked defensively while also doing a lot of attacking.

It was a thoroughly good team performance, on another day we would have scored 3 or 4 given we created all the chances and Leeds barely managed a single actual goal scoring opportunity.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Apr 2017 21:22

Very disappointing performance and result.

Leeds fans were intimidatingly vocal throughout, drowning out our support which was unusually quiet. Their fans were an absolute credit to their club.

The match was very one-sided, Leeds were all over us from the start. We were very scrappy and the referee was correct to book so many of our players and none of theirs.

Obita had his worst game for a while and Kelly is never going to make it as a professional.

Stam's substitutions were spot-on, I completely see what Grabban brings. Also nice to see Stam's new hair style.

Not looking forward to Blackburn!

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 01 Apr 2017 21:25

Really enjoyed the first half and Leeds should have been dead and buried by half time. Kermogant was excellent throughout and his goal was superbly taken after some intelligent play from Gunter. Kelly was great as well and some of the angles of his passing impressed. Lost a bit of cohesion when he went off. Should have been more comfortable than the 1-0 scoreline and Leeds were bitterly disappointing. They went route one when they bought on a sub that resembled a large wardrobe in a yellow shirt, but we coped very well. Solid 7s all round with an 8 for Kelly and 9 for Kermy.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Apr 2017 21:25

SCIAG Very disappointing performance and result.

Leeds fans were intimidatingly vocal throughout, drowning out our support which was unusually quiet. Their fans were an absolute credit to their club.

The match was very one-sided, Leeds were all over us from the start. We were very scrappy and the referee was correct to book so many of our players and none of theirs.

Obita had his worst game for a while and Kelly is never going to make it as a professional.

Stam's substitutions were spot-on, I completely see what Grabban brings. Also nice to see Stam's new hair style.

:D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2017 21:27

jeez April 1st for most of that

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 01 Apr 2017 21:30

I prefer it when you jot out the stats... :roll:

133 posts