MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a) sponsored by nearly there now

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a) sponsored by nearly there now

by genome » 23 Apr 2017 10:48

UpThePrem If it doesn't get done and dusted next Saturday both us and Burton need 1 point. Us to guarantee the play offs and them to guarantee they stay in the Chump. Last game could be a bit interesting. Draw anyone!!!

90 minutes of

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Apr 2017 11:31

LoyalRoyal22
Gordons Cumming First time I have seen Popa today and he looks nothing like the YouTube clips i'd seen of him. Can't defend and has no pace. Whoever scouted him needs a word. Be surprised if we see much more of him.

Played right wing back which isn't his natural position. He works hard but isn't a defensive minded player. Played well in the same role at Villa Park

Stam should have known Carayol's threat. Both Gunter and Popa were consistently rinsed by him in the first half and early second until Popa went off.................Beerens made a difference and I'd always play him.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Apr 2017 00:01

Gordons Cumming
LoyalRoyal22
Gordons Cumming First time I have seen Popa today and he looks nothing like the YouTube clips i'd seen of him. Can't defend and has no pace. Whoever scouted him needs a word. Be surprised if we see much more of him.

Played right wing back which isn't his natural position. He works hard but isn't a defensive minded player. Played well in the same role at Villa Park

Stam should have known Carayol's threat. Both Gunter and Popa were consistently rinsed by him in the first half and early second until Popa went off.................Beerens made a difference and I'd always play him.

Didn't go to Forest but I don't recognise these descriptions of the players I have seen.

Popa puts himself about and closes down well, tackles ok and decent pace
Beerens on the other hand won't go near a tackle. He still hasn't had to get his shirt washed

Oh well each to their own

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Apr 2017 10:20

bcubed
Gordons Cumming
LoyalRoyal22

Didn't go to Forest but I don't recognise these descriptions of the players I have seen.

Popa puts himself about and closes down well, tackles ok and decent pace
Beerens on the other hand won't go near a tackle. He still hasn't had to get his shirt washed

Oh well each to their own

Didn't see the match, but a Forest supporting colleague told me that Gunter spent the first half trying to look after two players, (and might as well have been three, when one of them was Carayol), because the little guy supposedly playing wing-back on that side was wandering all over the pitch rather than helping out. He thought it was surprising that Stam hadn't looked at Carayol beforehand and put somebody a bit more defensive there. My guess is that wingback was meant to be McCleary - at what stage did he get his groin strain? He obviously travelled up with the team.

That description definitely sounds like Popa putting himself about, but a bit at random, rather than being disciplined. Possibly not that surprising if he hasn't played wingback before.

When did Beerens come on? And - was he playing wingback, or did it revert to a back four - the improvement may have been down to the formation change rather than the player.