Dave Kitson

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Dave Kitson

by BR0B0T » 07 May 2017 17:38

Scutterbucketz Can it be possible that Coppell only said two words to him in two years?

'Up front' whilst miming heading the ball

'Score goals' miming kicking and then celebrating

'Ginger tw@t'

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 May 2017 18:04

Looks like a bitter drunken rant to me. I have huge respect for Kits for his playing time for us, one of my all time faves and the best striker I've seen play for us.

But it's well known he didn't really have any interest in making friends with the players... apparently the same goes for many of the staff. Just maybe Dave, if you'd made more effort with them, you'd have made more (and stronger) connections that would have led to you getting called back. IIRC Little's been back at least once. II'm sure the same is true of others. The Club's sent a message to Convey. And 106 is celebrated all over the shop. Hell, they play the side's theme song before every home match, even though it's godawful.

The drink driving, plus this rant and his general disdain for footballers make him just come across as a hugely arrogant bell-end.

Still my hero.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 07 May 2017 18:19

Kitson was a superb striker for us, but he comes across as an absolute plonker there. For starters, I know for a fact he was invited back last season because I met him in hospitality, so he's talking bollocks there from the off.

He's just another ex pro who thinks the whole world owes him something, similar to Kevin Bremner earlier this season. He thinks that by playing for a club gives him automatic licence to dine out for free forthwith, never mind the fact that he would have been handsomely paid throughout his years with the club.

Bellend

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 May 2017 18:52

I think a lot of you are reading too much into this.....either that, or you just like the look of your own posts of bandwagon jumping scorn.

Chuck in a few commas and full stops into his statement.... a ittle bit of empathy.....and it reads totally differently.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 07 May 2017 19:00

BR0B0T
Scutterbucketz Can it be possible that Coppell only said two words to him in two years?

'Ginger tw@t'

You had a pont there, but ruined it with the discriminatory comment.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 May 2017 19:03

oldebiscuit
BR0B0T

'Ginger tw@t'

'Fur Queue'

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 07 May 2017 19:39

Hound Sounds like a complete nutcase in that post

May be speaking out of turn here, but given what was said in one of the Secret Footballer books, has he forgotten/not bothered to take his medication?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 07 May 2017 20:04

AthleticoSpizz I think a lot of you are reading too much into this.....either that, or you just like the look of your own posts of bandwagon jumping scorn.

Chuck in a few commas and full stops into his statement.... a ittle bit of empathy.....and it reads totally differently.

Let's breakdown what he's put:

Coppell didn't speak to him - only Kitson and Coppell will know the truth on this

Not being invited back - as mentioned above, this simply isn't true

'Ambivalence of history' - his opinion. Presumably because he isn't depicted as the saviour of our football club, after all, we'd be nothing without him

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 May 2017 20:20

yes, and it's all about opinions.....DK has always been a bit non-conformist, leftfield if you like.

His "divisive" comments are comments farmed over many years (imho)....... The latter part of his rant is the only bit that is angled at the present.........you obviously are "in the know" where we aren't to argue that.

However, I read his yarn slightly differently and....

Some of the blatantly insultive posts says more about the actual sad-sack poster than it actually does DK.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 May 2017 20:59

THE entire squad from the 106 season is immortalised on the Premiership Wall on the Eamon Dolan stand (which itself bears a huge mural made up,of pictures of every academy graduate who has played for the first team). The entrance to the club reception has huge pictures of events from our history. The concourses have pictures of players from our history. There is a memorial to players killed in the wars.
So of course the club has no interest in our history !
It would be great to see the 106 side back, I wonder how many have joined the Former Players Association. Who usuallynorganise these things ?
And while I love what Kits did for the club when he played, has he done anything to keep the connection once he went off and made his millions ? He owes the club a fair bit too.....

eddiegrundy

by eddiegrundy » 07 May 2017 21:06

AthleticoSpizz Sonks plays for Harlow Town, ftr

& Glen Little plays for Heybridge Swifts

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 07 May 2017 21:07

AthleticoSpizz Chuck in a few commas and full stops

Yeah, there's no way he does tsf on his own

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 07 May 2017 21:09

BR0B0T
oldebiscuit
BR0B0T

'Ginger tw@t'

'Fur Queue'

You're Dylan Kerr's brother Wang.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 May 2017 21:43

oldebiscuit
BR0B0T

'Ginger tw@t'

Agreed. You don't need that extra "t" in tw@, it's superfluous

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 07 May 2017 22:12

genome
oldebiscuit
BR0B0T

'Ginger tw@t'

Agreed. You don't need that extra "t" in tw@, it's superfluous

So if you make comments just remotely connected to a persons feature such as skin colour then you are immediately condemned by the masses, but it seems that some feel it is acceptable to pick on another's persons feature such as hair colour, and add a bit of abuse with it (twat, bastard, whatever), and hardly anyone bats an eyelid. It just smacks of narrow mindedness and hypocrisy.
If a man/woman is born with a feature whether it is black skin, red hair or looks that resemble an elephant, they are entitled to be free of abuse from low intelligence morons. That's awl.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 May 2017 22:29

oldebiscuit You're Dylan Kerr's brother Wang.

He has a Chinese brother? :shock:

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 07 May 2017 22:29

Also, Dave Kitson, didn't you walk out on us ?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 May 2017 10:41

Jackson Corner Tbf most of the players live abroad Doyle, Marcus and Convey in the USA. Brynyar and Iver both in Iceland, Sonko in France. Long and Sidwell both playing. Murty in Scotland. That leaves Harper, Shory, Little, Lita and Kitson. Who are all wealthy men Reading are not obliged to look out for them once they leave the club. I'm not sure what Kitson expects. If he were to turn up at the Mad stad he would be welcome back with open arms regardless of the owners.
Little has been back a few times, also been on BBC Berks.

If Kitson has nothing better to do that pick the winning golden gamble ticket, shake hands with some business people in hospitality and wave to the fans then I'm sure it could be arranged.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 May 2017 10:42

Royal With Cheese
oldebiscuit You're Dylan Kerr's brother Wang.

He has a Chinese brother? :shock:
Adopted brother, his other brothers are Wayne and Issaic.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 May 2017 10:55

It just occurred to me that maybe this is a public cry for help?

I for one have time for Dave Kitson, maybe he's a pcunt, maybe not but I've never met him so I won't judge.

I do recall one story that may not have been on the board, that was where he allegedly went to buy a new car and was clocked by the salesmen came over to him with £ signs in their eyes knowing he was a big earner they could upsell to, Kitson ignored them and went over to the sales person who clearly had no idea who he was.

Steve Sidwell on the other hand was a knob, I've heard how he was cocky and looking down on "regular" people when with Glen Little and Glen started chatting to them because he recognised them, not the other way round. Ian McShane is the same, happy to chat to anyone.