Fulham prediction thread

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fulham prediction thread

by Top Flight » 12 May 2017 14:44

CountryRoyal No way Top Flight can go without the sausage.

It will be difficult because it smells so good and the bread they put it in is so fresh and tasty. But, we have to be brave. We have to be strong.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 May 2017 14:46

Top Flight
CountryRoyal No way Top Flight can go without the sausage.

It will be difficult because it smells so good and the bread they put it in is so fresh and tasty. But, we have to be brave. We have to be strong.

Do you like it when they are soft? Or a bit firmer.

double d

by double d » 12 May 2017 14:46

Top Flight
double d
Top Flight
I have a good feeling as well....

The omens look good for this season. When Sunderland were relegated from the Prem, that was the year we won promotion (2006). When we faced Arsenal in the League Cup at Highbury that was the year we won promotion (2006). Could history be repeating itself?

We played Arsenal in the League Cup this year and Sunderland have come down. History might be repeating. We just need a Reading promotion now.

Nobody eat the sausage at Fulham on Saturday. I know it is extremely delicious but it just brings awful bad luck. Boycott the sausage. Everyone stick to your winning routines this weekend. We can win this game.

I will stick to my winning routines. It will be the blue boxer shorts. I will be having my coffee out of my Reading FC mug on the morning of the game. I will also wear a necklace that I discovered has winning powers. Reading have won every time I have worn this necklace so I will be doing so again on Saturday.

COME ON YOU ROYALS!

But my winning routine is eating the sausage Top Flight? What am I meant to eat instead? What can I do? I love having the big sausage at Fulham.

You can have a sausage but just don't have the one that they sell in the away end at Craven Cottage. That specific sausage cannot be part of your winning routine. Last two trips to the Cottage have resulted in disaster and that sausage was part of many of our pre-match and half time snacks. Get yourself down to the Gorge Cafe and eat their sausages. Have your sausage in Reading or Maidenhead if that's where you live.

It is overpriced anyway. It costs a flipping fiver for their sausage. Your wallet will thank you for avoiding it and so will Jaap Stam when we bring a first leg lead back to the Madejski.

Top Flight, I hate to break it to you, but the big sausage has to be had in Fulham. I have to eat the big sausage they have in the away end, that is my winning routine. The last 2 times we have won there I have spent 5 crisp British pounds with her majesty's face on it, and I have shoved the big fat sausage in my face. We need a compromise I think

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 12 May 2017 14:53

double d
Top Flight
double d
But my winning routine is eating the sausage Top Flight? What am I meant to eat instead? What can I do? I love having the big sausage at Fulham.

You can have a sausage but just don't have the one that they sell in the away end at Craven Cottage. That specific sausage cannot be part of your winning routine. Last two trips to the Cottage have resulted in disaster and that sausage was part of many of our pre-match and half time snacks. Get yourself down to the Gorge Cafe and eat their sausages. Have your sausage in Reading or Maidenhead if that's where you live.

It is overpriced anyway. It costs a flipping fiver for their sausage. Your wallet will thank you for avoiding it and so will Jaap Stam when we bring a first leg lead back to the Madejski.

Top Flight, I hate to break it to you, but the big sausage has to be had in Fulham. I have to eat the big sausage they have in the away end, that is my winning routine. The last 2 times we have won there I have spent 5 crisp British pounds with her majesty's face on it, and I have shoved the big fat sausage in my face. We need a compromise I think

Ok, well, if you're confident that the sausage can be part of a winning routine for you then do what you have to do.

The Fulham sausage has caused nothing but disaster in my experience. We were 2 up before I started munching on it last season and before I had got to the last bite we were 4-2 down. This season, I had the sausage before the game and it all went wrong from the start.

I blame both of those defeats entirely on the sausage. It cannot just be a coincidence that as soon as I start eating the sausage goals start flying in against us. The sausage is the work of the devil. It is so tasty and tempting yet it destroys us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 May 2017 15:08

Silver Fox I liked how Danny Higginbottom used as evidence for his prediction the fact that Stam says he likes to play an open game on the road, conveniently ignoring Stam's comments wrt this game being totally different so he won't be doing that tomorrow :roll:

Actually walked past Higginbotham earlier. He is a very ugly man.

I'd be amazed if Stam doesn't play a very compact side on Saturday, and look to keep them from getting space behind the full backs. I can't imagine we'll see a lot of Gunter or Obita bombing down the wings

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 12 May 2017 15:29

Top Flight My prediction is that this tie will not go to extra time and penalties.

Both teams are quite loose defensively and are generally quite open in their play. I expect a clear winner when the final whistle blows at the Mad stad on Tuesday night. I wouldn't want to say which way it will go.

Defensive wise I think it depends who plays if it is Mcshane and Moore as a pairing I would feel more comfortable with JVDB in front depends what team starts tomorrow.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 May 2017 15:48

genome
CountryRoyal http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=59795.0

Oh what it must be to support an exiting club like Fulham, a true pillar of footballing excellence and glory the common fan can only dream of.

BORING BORING READING 8)

"I don't really have anything against Reading, except for the fact that they seem to hate us. "

Since when? :?

I defo h8 them

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 12 May 2017 15:58

2-2. We go two up and then Fulham grab two late goals to level it.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 12 May 2017 16:07

Is anyone else glad we've been written off?

Listening to Talksh1t in car and it's all about the momentum of Fulham and Sheff Wed.

Ok, we're only 5th in the form table for the last 6 (w4;l2) 4 away, 2 home but we are top last 10 (w7;l3) 6 away.

I think that's less shabby than pundits think.

double d

by double d » 13 May 2017 10:49

Top Flight
double d
Top Flight

Ok, well, if you're confident that the sausage can be part of a winning routine for you then do what you have to do.

The Fulham sausage has caused nothing but disaster in my experience. We were 2 up before I started munching on it last season and before I had got to the last bite we were 4-2 down. This season, I had the sausage before the game and it all went wrong from the start.

I blame both of those defeats entirely on the sausage. It cannot just be a coincidence that as soon as I start eating the sausage goals start flying in against us. The sausage is the work of the devil. It is so tasty and tempting yet it destroys us.

You will be pleased to know i am going to try and avoid the big Fulham sausage today Top Flight. If will be hard, I love the big, juicy sausage they have there in the hard buns
But I will do my best to avoid it so we do not get bad luck.

I avoid nobody to have the sausage today and avoid it at all costs and we will win!

Royalmitchell

by Royalmitchell » 13 May 2017 11:11

The big talk of bringing Fulham are going to walk over us, I think that won't be the likely story. Since December and 'that game', I like to think we have improved somewhat bar the below par performance at Norwich. I'd take a 0-0 draw before beating them 1-0 at our place on Tuesday. No teams are unbeatable and hopefully we can prove that starting today.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2017 13:23

double d
Top Flight
double d

You will be pleased to know i am going to try and avoid the big Fulham sausage today Top Flight. If will be hard, I love the big, juicy sausage they have there in the hard buns
But I will do my best to avoid it so we do not get bad luck.

I avoid nobody to have the sausage today and avoid it at all costs and we will win!

Thanks Double D. We have to be brave. No sausages today.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 May 2017 15:04

Been exposed to a full on Fulham love in today - worst was on dire TalkSport where they claimed among other things that Huddersfield had 'no history', Fulham would be everyone's second favourite team this year and Fulham would also be the only team who would stay up if they went up

Anyone know what the score was when we played at Fulham this year btw? Don't think it's been mentioned :roll:

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 May 2017 15:08

Huddersfield had 'no history',

christ.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 13 May 2017 15:33

If we can control nerves, keep them at bay for the first 20 mins and not concede an early goal I think we'll grow into the game. Will be very pleased with a 2 -1 loss today. I think we'll concede a penalty towards the end. Hopefully Ali will save as Fulham don't exactly have the best record with penalties.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 13 May 2017 15:34

Head says 3-0 Fulham, heart says 1 goal defeat or a score draw which i'd be happy with.

Quite confident of winning the home leg if we can keep a clean sheet.