BFTG - Fulham

204 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 May 2017 23:22

John Madejski's Wallet Well that was breathless.

Most worked their asses off. Tough and disciplined. Swift came in and out at times, and Grabban can frankly f*ck off. But that was a VERY tense an enjoyable evening :D

Fair play to Jaap
you saw a different Grabban to me mate...Worked his bollox off, chasing back like madman in the last twenty.

Echoeing the plaudits dished out already, I would just like add Joey to that list...strong and workmanlike.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 16 May 2017 23:26

They all appear to be peaking at the right time.

Didn't think anyone had a bad game.

Dave_Kitson

by Dave_Kitson » 16 May 2017 23:26

We created a decent atmosphere at home! :)

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 16 May 2017 23:29

AthleticoSpizz

Most worked their asses off. Tough and disciplined. Swift came in and out at times, and Grabban can frankly f*ck off. But that was a VERY tense an enjoyable evening :D

Fair play to Jaap
you saw a different Grabban to me mate...Worked his bollox off, chasing back like madman in the last twenty.

Echoeing the plaudits dished out already, I would just like add Joey to that list...strong and workmanlike.

+1 to both comments.

Not been a big fan of Grabban but he put a shift in tonight and Joey was out on his feet by the end. I thought the sub to bring G Mac on was for JVDB but another tactical master stroke by JS proved me wrong.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 May 2017 23:29

AthleticoSpizz

Fair play to Jaap

Big +1 for JVDB. Considering how long he's been out that was an immensely disciplined performace

On the Grabban thing, it was his continual wasting of breaks by not looking up or just having no first touch. But as you say, towards the end defensively he put in a decent shift with the others

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 16 May 2017 23:32

Had Grabbans decision making been better we could have been out of sight in the second half. But who oxf*rd cares.

Don't think I've ever heard the whole stadium singing the same song, sounded superb from the upper west..

Expect some very bitter FFC fans in the aftermath :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 May 2017 23:33

John Madejski's Wallet
AthleticoSpizz

Fair play to Jaap

Big +1 for JVDB. Considering how long he's been out that was an immensely disciplined performace

On the Grabban thing, it was his continual wasting of breaks by not looking up or just having no first touch. But as you say, towards the end defensively he put in a decent shift with the others
you missed his frustrations following the clear breakthroughs that had made from the midfield......only to have the ballholder either fluff his lines of fanny around and get dispocessed, obviously.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 May 2017 23:34

They are certainly bitter

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 May 2017 23:34

God I f*cking love Yann Kermorgant

Fingers crossed he finishes the season on 20+ goals :D

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 May 2017 23:35

John Madejski's Wallet
AthleticoSpizz

Fair play to Jaap

Grabban did well tonight. He was isolated a lot of the time and had little support around him. He did his job very well considering.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 May 2017 23:37

ayjaydee From where we have been for the last two seasons that was nothing short of amazing.
Someone on BBRC made a comment that it's nights like these that will make his kids fans for life.

Yeah I took the jnr leons because they absolutely demanded to go and even though we live in London (2 miles from FuLOLham :lol: 8) ) and it's a school night they're both season ticket holders. They went absolutely mental. They'll remember that for ever.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 May 2017 23:39

leon
ayjaydee From where we have been for the last two seasons that was nothing short of amazing.
Someone on BBRC made a comment that it's nights like these that will make his kids fans for life.

Yeah I took the jnr leons because they absolutely demanded to go and even though we live in London (2 miles from FuLOLham :lol: 8) ) and it's a school night they're both season ticket holders. They went absolutely mental. They'll remember that for ever.

Nice :D

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 16 May 2017 23:45

Incidentally.. Looked a definite handball to me, but there is no way either the ref or lino could see, pretty sure 10k odd people going up in unison has influenced him.

I'm certainly not saying this to incense any visiting Fulham fans btw

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 May 2017 23:45

Just home......I think I'm in shock......unbelievable, nothing else worth saying

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 May 2017 23:48

jd82 Incidentally.. Looked a definite handball to me, but there is no way either the ref or lino could see, pretty sure 10k odd people going up in unison has influenced him.

I'm certainly not saying this to incense any visiting Fulham fans btw

Looked a clear handball when I just saw the replay on SSN. Think it hit his hand/arm twice actually.

IceIceGylfi

by IceIceGylfi » 16 May 2017 23:49

Yes! After all the talk about odds, tactics, injuries, suspensions, etc. We have overcome Fulham - Still cannot believe we hung on for so long, major credit to Ali. I'm still in awe. What a game, what a season. Jaap Stam; I love you. Also shout out to Seahawk, heard you on BBCRB; hope you can make it over!

MOTM goes to JVDB for me, so calm and disciplined which is remarkable considering his fitness.

URZZZZZZZZ!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 May 2017 23:51

Staggered how Swifty didnt out away that sitter. would have made for a much more comfortable last 20 minutes

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 May 2017 23:53

windermereROYAL Staggered how Swifty didnt out away that sitter. would have made for a much more comfortable last 20 minutes

I had a horrible feeling the game was going to turn on its head after that. Luckily, it didn't. I expect he's feeling a bit relieved :lol:

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 16 May 2017 23:57

genome
windermereROYAL Staggered how Swifty didnt out away that sitter. would have made for a much more comfortable last 20 minutes

I had a horrible feeling the game was going to turn on its head after that. Luckily, it didn't. I expect he's feeling a bit relieved :lol:

Felt a little 'Archie's penalty' that..
Collective "here we go again" groan went round the stadium.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 16 May 2017 23:57

genome

After the event that makes it just that bit more special. Going through the torment of 5 mins extra time will live long in the memory.

204 posts