BFTG - Fulham

204 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 10:59

chris gunters twitter Delighted to have woken up having caused the biggest upset ever. Reading F.C, who would of thought it :| . One step closer
:lol:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 May 2017 11:02

Schards#2 Wonderful night, the sort that lives with you forever

My MOM would be Ilori. Barely played all season and slotted in to a high pressure game like he was an ever present. Barely put a foot wrong all game

Stunningly good. Really shored up the defense.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 May 2017 11:02

My MOM would be Ilori. Barely played all season and slotted in to a high pressure game like he was an ever present. Barely put a foot wrong all game

Agreed - Iloria was good last night. I also thought Danny Williams was very good as was Al Habsi. Got through a lot of work, although Williams did sit a little too deep at times.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 11:03

Had a little dodgy spell towards the end of the first half, but other than that, yeah I'd agree - top performance. His block from Piazon was as vital as any of Ali's saves last night

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 11:05

Maneki Neko
chris gunters twitter Delighted to have woken up having caused the biggest upset ever. Reading F.C, who would of thought it :| . One step closer
:lol:

Nice :lol:

Quite a few players were tweeting about being written off. Wouldn't be surprised if Stam used it in his team-talk

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 17 May 2017 11:06

NewCorkSeth I have forgotten which Nobber mentioned it but the commentators mentioned 3 or 4 times Fulhams ability to come back but never once mentioned our ability to hold onto a lead. Was quite annoying..

It wasn't me, but we've certainly not dropped many points this year from games we've taken the lead in - the away leg was one of the anomalies to that particular stat, last night much more in keeping with it

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 May 2017 11:07

Hound Grabban was excellent, don't get the criticism of him.
think it just comes naturally to some on here, it stinks of..........."c'mon lads, join big ol' me in my criticism of our usual scapegoat" ......bandwagon jumping stuff :roll:

Such is the irrationality of their ANALysis sometimes, it poses the question.....what were (were they even?) watching?

On this occasion, their criticism of our #50 couldn't have been anything further from the actual reality.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 17 May 2017 11:09

Absolutely. Has a definite touch of class about him, comfortable on the ball and a bit quicker than McShane, so could be one of those enforced changes that works out for the best.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 11:11

AthleticoSpizz
think it just comes naturally to some on here, it stinks of..........."c'mon lads, join big ol' me in my criticism of our usual scapegoat" ......bandwagon jumping stuff :roll:

Such is the irrationality of their ANALysis sometimes, it poses the question.....what were (were they even?) watching?

On this occasion, their criticism of our #50 couldn't have been anything further from the actual reality.

I thought he blew hot and cold last night. Some gr8 touches and control, but did squander a couple of good opportunities and a bit sloppy at other times.

I'd like to see him here next season though.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 17 May 2017 11:12

lot of credit to the groundsman and his staff- the pitch looked a picture last evening. a lot of hard work must have gone on to restore it to it`s best for yesterday.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 11:12

genome
AthleticoSpizz

I thought he blew hot and cold last night. Some gr8 touches and control, but did squander a couple of good opportunities and a bit sloppy at other times.

I'd like to see him here next season though.

yeah, that

same for blacket imo

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 17 May 2017 11:16

Royals and Racers lot of credit to the groundsman and his staff- the pitch looked a picture last evening. a lot of hard work must have gone on to restore it to it`s best for yesterday.

Good point, pretty much the only thing Fulham haven't been bleating about today..

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 May 2017 11:19

genome

Had a little dodgy spell towards the end of the first half, but other than that, yeah I'd agree - top performance. His block from Piazon was as vital as any of Ali's saves last night

I thought Ilori was excellent on the ball but got caught out a couple of times positionally - good game overall but he'll get better.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 May 2017 11:21

Maguire
genome

I thought Ilori was excellent on the ball but got caught out a couple of times positionally - good game overall but he'll get better.

Exactly. He hasnt played much yet and if thats his starting level hes looking a very solid purchase.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 May 2017 11:25

jd82
Royals and Racers lot of credit to the groundsman and his staff- the pitch looked a picture last evening. a lot of hard work must have gone on to restore it to it`s best for yesterday.

Good point, pretty much the only thing Fulham haven't been bleating about today..
it's the Madejski groundstaff v Hogwood groundstaff match there today.......not saying that, that had anything to do with it :wink: ..........besides, the on-the-pitch mob will mean that some remedial work will be necessary pre-match now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 11:29

Brum Royal
NewCorkSeth I have forgotten which Nobber mentioned it but the commentators mentioned 3 or 4 times Fulhams ability to come back but never once mentioned our ability to hold onto a lead. Was quite annoying..

It wasn't me, but we've certainly not dropped many points this year from games we've taken the lead in - the away leg was one of the anomalies to that particular stat, last night much more in keeping with it

I did mention it after the first leg. Our record at holding onto a lead is unbelievable. 26 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat after taking the lead in 29 games

Agree on Ilori - him and Moore were phenomenal. Williams was my motm. He more than anyone demonstrates how much better this team has got under Stam. He was terrible alongside Norwood last year - this year, esp 2nd half of it, he has been as good as any midfielder in the division.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 11:42

Surprised there haven't been more comments about the atmosphere last night. The last 10 minutes were probably the best atmosphere the Madejski has seen.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 11:47

genome Surprised there haven't been more comments about the atmosphere last night. The last 10 minutes were probably the best atmosphere the Madejski has seen.

yep it was amazing. massive contrast to most games I've been to this year. Brilliant effort, even the crappie flag things worked

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 May 2017 11:47

in the top 3 genome for sure, wigan playoff and Boro opening prem game are up there.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 May 2017 11:50

genome Surprised there haven't been more comments about the atmosphere last night. The last 10 minutes were probably the best atmosphere the Madejski has seen.

Agree. It was amazing. My little boy was exhilarated by the whole experience. He has gone into school today with the flag he picked up last night so that he can wave it in the faces of all the QPR and Fulham fans in the school that he goes to in West London. Our area is more of a QPR area but there are a couple of Fulham fans there and his football coach is a Fulham fan. He is so happy this morning and so ready to gloat.

204 posts