The Shame Your Block Thread

199 posts
Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Shame Your Block Thread

by Cureton's Volley » 30 May 2017 08:29

We get absolutely ripped on Awaydays, and fair play. The people in this block - bar one - were useless :lol:

https://youtu.be/gc5VfgwNaJY

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 30 May 2017 08:56

The Informant
Jagermesiter1871 Shocking atmosphere all round. Not sure why.

Mainly because we didn't attack at all or ever look like scoring. We looked like we were in damage limitation mode from the off.

Shame.

Nothing to get behind.

Don't know precisely what you went for, but Reading were on the pitch, they did attack, they worked hard against their peers and took it to penalties. I thought we were the more likely to win in extra time.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 30 May 2017 09:09

218 was very poor, the poorest I have seen at any match of that standard. A 19/20 year old looked bored from the start and I didn't notice him even breaking into a clap throughout. Two old gents in front, remember not too old to walk to the 2nd tier, didn't even stand for the minute clapping on 22 minutes, yet the whole block did, and I think one of them only started clapping about half way through the minute.

Good point about the STH+6, if you would have wanted a group you'd have still got there, just much further up where it would not have made a difference. We'd have sold all anyway, look back at the immense following we genrated against Bolton while still in the wriggly tin shed.

Amazingly we were out-plastic'd by Udders with their flappy clappers that got them all in a vibe from the start. Suprised that the constant standing right to the end of their lower south had no effect on our lower south.

Club support strategy needs an autopsy, even more so with talk of another tier.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 May 2017 09:28

Big shout out to the kids in 105 / 106. They tried there best to be heard, the little scamps.

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 30 May 2017 09:31

Considering I was so high up (519) I was pleasantly surprised, quite a few people singing around me and generally encouraging.

Whenever there was a bit of excitement in the game (few and far between), I thought on the whole we made some decent noise. And you could hear the lower tier trying to get things going during quieter periods.

So I wouldn't say it was a disaster or embarrassing, just a bit of a shite game to get people going (+ its Wembley, what do people really expect?)

106royal1871

by 106royal1871 » 30 May 2017 09:34

I will be complaining to the club about being promised a 'singing section' when I purchased the tickets only to forced to sit by those ignorant people behind me and those useless stewards. Got to say our fans were absolutely dreadful where I was. Very sad to see

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 30 May 2017 09:58

Huddersfield managed to just fine

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 30 May 2017 10:04

It was probably something to do with Reading having played fairly recently in their history in the top flight and Huddersfield haven't. I think if Reading had never been in the top flight the fans would have been more vocal like Huddersfields were yesterday.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 May 2017 10:07

Hampshire Royal Atmosphere was good in 109, too, given the general lack of action on the pitch.

When AAH saved the penalty, I thought I was going to explode. Mind you, when Liam Moore blasted his over, it got a bit quieter.

Atmosphere all round was poor. I too was in 109. I know Reading fans are generally quiet but that was real quiet!!!

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 30 May 2017 10:10

All I can say is thank goodness I only went for the £38 ticket (block 521)!
£25 on beer for myself, 4-pack on the train, £20 train ticket from Rugby - still not an expensive day by today's standards.
However, back on topic...this was my first Royals match in 5 years.
I really thought we were going to do it yesterday - just had that feeling, having seen them lose 3 Play-Off finals before.
In fact it just turned out to be the same old Reading story as far as I could make out.
I thought it was a very poor game, nothing much to shout about except when we were one penalty up.
No real attacking intent and I'm sure this is not a reflection on how they've played this season.
The atmosphere was frankly dead and I couldn't hear much singing anywhere (probably more to do with the size of the stadium admittedly).
Fair play to anyone who tried to get the crowd going, because there was no-one near me and I wouldn't have had the bottle to be honest as it was so quiet.
Having said that, all in all it was a good day, but I actually enjoyed the build-up in the pubs far more than the actual game.
Enough said!

You can call me a plastic fan these days if you like, but I held a season ticket for 10 years and was always up for a chanting/singing session on the South Bank (those were the days :) ) and the East Stand between 1995 and 2007, when I used to regularly watch the team home and away. Now I've moved away from the area it's not so easy, but yesterday does leave the impression in my mind that it may be another 5 years before I attend another game (and I'm absolutely certain it won't be at Wembley!) :(

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 May 2017 10:10

Some aggressive bloke who popped about 10 balloons and threw the carcasses angrily along the stands. I can only assume he was sexually abused by a balloon seller as a child and was suffering with ptsd everytime one flew past him.

Some bloke to the left of the aisle who drank so much that he fell asleep during the second half :lol: - his mate tried to wake him up by cheering in his ear.

Most of 114 were standing the whole game, There was an old bloke who was unable to stand for long who obviously wasn't happy about it. The steward kept asking people to sit down, they ignored him and he seemed happy that he had done his job and didn't push it any further. If they want people to sit down then having a row of police officers stood blocking the view of those at the front isn't a good idea.

There was one fan who allegedly tried to take something that belonged to another fan and I was told he was also trying to steal my jacket, but I can't confirm this myself.

Further up 114 there was a bit of a toe to toe between at least two Reading fans, looked quite aggressive. Not sure what it was about, probably one standing.

I sympathise with those who are unable to stand for long, My advice is to get a seat behind the wheelchair section.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 30 May 2017 10:14

a) there really wasn't much to get behind, although for some periods the noise was ok.
b) why are people so obsessed about day trippers? so some non hardcore fans come to the game, what is the big deal? I know a few parents brought their family / kids to their first big game... are they not allowed to do that? would you rather just 15,000 fans so the atmosphere isn't spoiled?
c) why do people have a lack of consideration when standing? I enjoy it and do if I can, but always look around. Some idiots in front of me stood the whole game in front of older frail guy, who was struggling to get up and down to see the action. What a waste of time and money for him.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 May 2017 10:16

Royal Ginger 3 or 4 booted from 114 in the second half. Anyone know what they did?
I heard someone calling a steward a pcunt, I don't think he got booted out.

Someone from 114 came back from the toilets and said there was a bit of argy bargy out on the concourse there between fans, I think it was in the second half.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 30 May 2017 10:27

Well in our stand, some of us had to stand as there was a conflict between a couple who were in the wrong block, and a pair of brothers (I'm going to assume this as they looked similar). Unfortunately, this occurred on the same row as where a wreath of commemorative flowers had been placed. Astonishingly the conclusion of this was a young lad offering to stand where the flowers were so everybody else could squeeze into the row. Why the couple didn't move to their correct block, or even to the empty seats at the end of our row was a pitiful mixture of shyness and Britishness in not wanting to make a fuss. Shame really, because as I'm in my 40s, I'm sort of reaching that age where if I stand for two hours my knees grumble for a week. And I reckon that the game was so weak that there was no need to stand all game.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 30 May 2017 10:27

I was in 517 which was fairly sedate, the block to our left, 518, were very good and started a lot of the RFC chants

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 30 May 2017 10:29

A combination of a shite game, non day trippers spread a bit thin and the drummer not being able to shut the oxf*rd up for 5 minutes to let some decent songs get going.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2017 10:31

I thought both sets of fans were poor to be honest. Huddersfield marginally better. But mostly due to their team having all the 'excitement' and those gawdawful plastic clapper things.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 30 May 2017 10:35

Ian Royal I thought both sets of fans were poor to be honest. Huddersfield marginally better. But mostly due to their team having all the 'excitement' and those gawdawful plastic clapper things.

Huddersfield fans were louder tbf - but they seemed to adopt a Liverpool fan attitude where if one of their players were lightly touched and went down, they went absolutely mental about it, even though it was never a foul. It was like "how dare you touch one of our players".

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2017 10:36

...says the Chelsea fan :)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 May 2017 11:22

For all the criticism of our own fans on here, you might wanna give this thread a read.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/threa ... ading-fans

199 posts