709 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Nov 2019 20:01

NewCorkSeth
Royalwaster
Hound
It’s basically just that cretin Mafff and a couple of chums who are sulking because GMac called him out for being a bell

And possibly as their hero Gomes binned him

He didn't exactly celebrate his goal did he? I personally really like him and was really happy to see him score, but did notice that his celebrations were quite muted.

Twitter message by him here (https://twitter.com/modoubarrow14?lang=en) says a lot ...

I think it was a pretty apt celebration. He was clearly emotional. He did nothing to deserve the abuse he received so quite rightly is blocking those people who turned on him so quickly.

I was going to say he seemed overcome with emotion rather than it being a deliberately muted celebration.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Nov 2019 20:34

From Despair To Where?
NewCorkSeth
Royalwaster
He didn't exactly celebrate his goal did he? I personally really like him and was really happy to see him score, but did notice that his celebrations were quite muted.

Twitter message by him here (https://twitter.com/modoubarrow14?lang=en) says a lot ...

I think it was a pretty apt celebration. He was clearly emotional. He did nothing to deserve the abuse he received so quite rightly is blocking those people who turned on him so quickly.

I was going to say he seemed overcome with emotion rather than it being a deliberately muted celebration.

Yep, that's what I thought too. Absolutely delighted for him.

I really didn't like the way Gomes decided to deal with the players he didn't want. One thing I noted is that Mark McNulty's Dad liked McClearys post on twitter - there's a fair group of players that have felt hard-done-by because of how they've been treated since January and probably bonded over it. At times we have little going for us when it comes to persuading players to join us. the last thing we need is a reputation for management treating players like broken office chairs rather than people.
All clubs tho have "fans" who get a kick out of being deliberately nasty about their own players - tagging them in abusive posts etc. They're only going to be worse if the manager/club is ostracising those players too.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 10 Nov 2019 21:58

Hound I do think he seems to have one or two muppets on twitter get to him a little tbh

95% of the fans were supportive of him whether they genuinely think he is still good enough to be here or not. Even most who said he should be moved on appreciated what he has done here

You don't know that for sure but I think the respect from his peers and boss as a professional was what really mattered to him.
People were just too quick to jump on the bandwagon because he was exiled.

Think he's a top fella anyway, wears his heart on his sleeve and would really go out of his way to make time for you.
He keeps it real and that's one thing I like about him

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Nov 2019 22:35

Hound I do think he seems to have one or two muppets on twitter get to him a little tbh

95% of the fans were supportive of him whether they genuinely think he is still good enough to be here or not. Even most who said he should be moved on appreciated what he has done here

Yeah. Pretty much. I don’t rate him anymore but him, along with Gunter, have been two good players on reflection. Why people feel the need to be such a dick just because they’re hiding behind a keyboard is beyond me. Do people really think it will help them if they’re abusing them? Luckily I’m sure people like McCleary and Gunter are experienced enough now to realise people on social media are trolls (it may still affect them though) but for example, personal abuse to a 19 year old goalie is disgraceful

And to be fair, most of the keyboard warriors are the sort of people who if they saw McCleary on the street, would ask for a photo and plaster it all over Twitter anyway. Strange strange people and a sad reflection of today’s society

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 11 Nov 2019 08:39

This tweet pissed me off the other day, it’s a perfect example of the ridiculous contradictory knee jerk bollocks spouted on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/abbykins2010/status ... 23104?s=21

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Nov 2019 11:49

URZZZZZZZZ This tweet pissed me off the other day, it’s a perfect example of the ridiculous contradictory knee jerk bollocks spouted on Twitter.

Not sure what the issue is with that? Luton are the worst team in the league, we were at home, it would have been a disaster if we had not beaten them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Nov 2019 11:51

John Smith
URZZZZZZZZ This tweet pissed me off the other day, it’s a perfect example of the ridiculous contradictory knee jerk bollocks spouted on Twitter.

Not sure what the issue is with that? Luton are the worst team in the league, we were at home, it would have been a disaster if we had not beaten them.

Barnsley would like to have a word.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 11 Nov 2019 11:59

John Smith

Ok, I’ll flesh out what I meant.

For starters, if we had drawn or lost on Saturday we’d have picked up 8/7 points out of 12 - a haul that would have bettered the pace we were going under Gomes. Not winning wouldn’t have undone all the good work, because the good work put points in the board that we wouldn’t have got under the previous management. It also wouldn’t have been a ‘disaster’ given Saturday was just one match out of a 46 game season.

What irked me further was the fact they intimated that Luton should be an easy game, but then said there’s ‘no easy games in this league’. Make your mind up!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Nov 2019 12:12

URZZZZZZZZ
John Smith

Ok, I’ll flesh out what I meant.

For starters, if we had drawn or lost on Saturday we’d have picked up 8/7 points out of 12 - a haul that would have bettered the pace we were going under Gomes. Not winning wouldn’t have undone all the good work, because the good work put points in the board that we wouldn’t have got under the previous management. It also wouldn’t have been a ‘disaster’ given Saturday was just one match out of a 46 game season.

What irked me further was the fact they intimated that Luton should be an easy game, but then said there’s ‘no easy games in this league’. Make your mind up!

I think you are over analysing this tweet somewhat. Not the best example of a tweet to get wound up by.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Nov 2019 12:14

WestRoyal
paultheroyal
Notts Royal Is Lord CKS on hobnob? What a pleb he is. Must be up there with the most offensive, abusive & downright horrible of the Twitter knobs!

He is absolutely clueless. I dont know if he is one of these types who is being serious but then plays the fishing card, or he is actually like how he comes across, which is an utter bellend.

He's the one who trolls players and when they block him he slates them for doing so then when you give him shit & drop some home truths on him he blocks you lol.

He thinks he's the business on twitter but prob be shit scared to say some of the things he says in person, like most on twitter

Made me laugh when he has one of his total meltdowns, slagging players off left, right and centre, but never tags them in. But having said that, if he is blocked, then that is probably why.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Nov 2019 16:04

muirinho I really didn't like the way Gomes decided to deal with the players he didn't want. One thing I noted is that Mark McNulty's Dad liked McClearys post on twitter - there's a fair group of players that have felt hard-done-by because of how they've been treated since January and probably bonded over it. At times we have little going for us when it comes to persuading players to join us. the last thing we need is a reputation for management treating players like broken office chairs rather than people.
The more I've read about this, the more I'm beginning to think this was a factor in the decision to terminate Gomes contract.

Maybe instead of a pay-off it might have been more fitting to make him manage to the U23's and have no contact with the first team? (unfair on the U23's and their coach I guess).

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Nov 2019 16:08

Forbury Lion
muirinho I really didn't like the way Gomes decided to deal with the players he didn't want. One thing I noted is that Mark McNulty's Dad liked McClearys post on twitter - there's a fair group of players that have felt hard-done-by because of how they've been treated since January and probably bonded over it. At times we have little going for us when it comes to persuading players to join us. the last thing we need is a reputation for management treating players like broken office chairs rather than people.
The more I've read about this, the more I'm beginning to think this was a factor in the decision to terminate Gomes contract.

Maybe instead of a pay-off it might have been more fitting to make him manage to the U23's and have no contact with the first team? (unfair on the U23's and their coach I guess).

Its a phrase thrown around but Gomes had clearly lost the dressing room. Although a nice chap, after his performance on Sky Sports and his lack of understanding on questions asked of him or delay in response, I can imagine he was a struggle to communicate with etc.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 11 Nov 2019 16:26

paultheroyal
WestRoyal
paultheroyal
He is absolutely clueless. I dont know if he is one of these types who is being serious but then plays the fishing card, or he is actually like how he comes across, which is an utter bellend.

He's the one who trolls players and when they block him he slates them for doing so then when you give him shit & drop some home truths on him he blocks you lol.

He thinks he's the business on twitter but prob be shit scared to say some of the things he says in person, like most on twitter

Made me laugh when he has one of his total meltdowns, slagging players off left, right and centre, but never tags them in. But having said that, if he is blocked, then that is probably why.

He is a complete Jizz stain. He blocked me previously because I argued with him and he couldn't handle it. The scary thing judging by his Twitter photo is he's produced offspring... :o

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Nov 2019 16:36

Tilehurstsouthbank
paultheroyal
WestRoyal

He is a complete Jizz stain. He blocked me previously because I argued with him and he couldn't handle it. The scary thing judging by his Twitter photo is he's produced offspring... :o

I had a bit of an argument with him recently, but I seem to remain unblocked, which is nice. I guess...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Nov 2019 16:46

muirinho I noted is that Mark McNulty's Dad liked McClearys post on twitter
Hmm... could there yet be a future for McNulty at Reading under Bowen? - He signed a 4 year contract in 2018, he's 27 and he's currently on loan at Sunderland so will presumably be back with us at some point unless we accept a transfer fee.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2019 17:25

Tilehurstsouthbank
paultheroyal
WestRoyal

He's a complete arsehole.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LordCKS/status/1193228946210508800

Meite might not be the best footballer in the world but no one apart from this dickhead could ever seriously accuse him of being lazy.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Nov 2019 23:20

sandman
Tilehurstsouthbank
paultheroyal

Meite might not be the best footballer in the world but no one apart from this dickhead could ever seriously accuse him of being lazy.

Olly_URZ disagrees with you, apparently reminding him of Manset :lol:

I mean he's technically awful but he's certainly not lazy :? And I do sort of feel for him going from being the only one to score at one stage last season to now this

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 12 Nov 2019 19:23

sandman
Tilehurstsouthbank
paultheroyal

Meite is one of the only players that still put in 100% effort when we were on our awful run of form. He is also our joint top scorer. To suggest he is lazy is laughable

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Nov 2019 20:25

royalp-we
sandman
Tilehurstsouthbank

Meite is one of the only players that still put in 100% effort when we were on our awful run of form. He is also our joint top scorer. To suggest he is lazy is laughable

+1

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Nov 2019 23:53

Zip
royalp-we
sandman

+1

+ another

709 posts