The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 10:39

Hendo Twitter almost unreadable after the game at the weekend.

It is just full of kids trying to one-up people and b8 them? It is all embarrassing.

Why are you so fragile Hendo? What happened to you? I saw some good natured football banter you would expect to see after a game like that, nothing more.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2020 10:43

It is just full of kids trying to one-up people and b8 them? It is all embarrassing.

Yes, it is

The arguments on Twitter are beyond tedious
Reading Fan "Is it me or were the Forest (insert any team here) fans silent today"
Forest Fan "You're tinpot and irrelevant"
etc etc

I question what the point of it all is really, very few actual decent discussions out there

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Jan 2020 10:44

rent free is probably the most cringeworthy thing in fashion right now

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2020 10:44

Old Man Andrews

Why are you so fragile Hendo? What happened to you? I saw some good natured football banter you would expect to see after a game like that, nothing more.

It's not "football banter" when it's the exact same arguments being drawn out time and time again

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Jan 2020 10:46

bobby1413
LordCKS's tweets are vitriolic, seem quite agreesive as he seems to shove his opinion down your throat. In a way he's similar to NathSTPaul in that respect.

Still pretty apt to this day.

RIP Bobby

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 10:47

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

It's not "football banter" when it's the exact same arguments being drawn out time and time again

It is football banter, that is how football supporters typically communicate on there. Twitter is not a football discussion forum, the people behind the accounts cannot normally hold a footballing debate so will just use tired stereotypes about another club in order to insult the fanbase of said club.

If you don't like the Twitter banter between football supporters then don't go on there after a game, simple.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2020 10:50

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Why are you so fragile Hendo? What happened to you? I saw some good natured football banter you would expect to see after a game like that, nothing more.

It is football banter, that is how football supporters typically communicate on there. Twitter is not a football discussion forum, the people behind the accounts cannot normally hold a footballing debate so will just use tired stereotypes about another club in order to insult the fanbase of said club.

If you don't like the Twitter banter between football supporters then don't go on there after a game, simple.

The point is though that there are some interesting/insightful observations/discussions on Twitter that you can't find elsewhere. It's just a shame you have to spend too much time trawling through a load of crap to find it because some 15 year old is craving for attention

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 10:51

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

The point is though that there are some interesting/insightful observations/discussions on Twitter that you can't find elsewhere. It's just a shame you have to spend too much time trawling through a load of crap to find it because some 15 year old is craving for attention

Then you just block or ignore them, again quite simple.

If you're looking on Twitter for highbrow footballing debate you're in the wrong place massively.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2020 10:51

yep its utterly dismal. I honestly hate it. All the 'my clubs bigger than your club' 'Reading is shit' 'Nottingham is worse' banter - its horrific.

A bit of banter in the ground is all good, and there was a decent atmosphere on Saturday - no need for the feeble twitter rivalries

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Jan 2020 10:53

LWJ rent free is probably the most cringeworthy thing in fashion right now

+ 1000

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jan 2020 10:55

Old Man Andrews

Not fragile :| I didn't say I was offended by it, I just think it is all a bit embarrassing. it isn't good natured when people start calling other people peados or nonces or that they touch kids. Goes beyond the line of 'banter'.

The most cringeworthy ones for me are rent free and cry more and absolute weapon. Do people actually talk like this in real life?

It isn't just after this game, it is after every game.

I like Twitter, I think its a great platform, but my god, when it comes to football it brings out embarrassing qualities in a lot of people.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 10:56

Very hard to have sympathy with anyone moaning about Twitter when you can litereally just choose to not look at our hashtag or go as far to mute certain words you don't like or block accounts you don't want to see Tweets from. All the tools are there for you, use them!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2020 10:59

Old Man Andrews Very hard to have sympathy with anyone moaning about Twitter when you can litereally just choose to not look at our hashtag or go as far to mute certain words you don't like or block accounts you don't want to see Tweets from. All the tools are there for you, use them!

Don’t actually have an account myself so unfortunately the block option isn’t viable

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 11:00

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

Not fragile :| I didn't say I was offended by it, I just think it is all a bit embarrassing. it isn't good natured when people start calling other people peados or nonces or that they touch kids. Goes beyond the line of 'banter'.

The most cringeworthy ones for me are rent free and cry more and absolute weapon. Do people actually talk like this in real life?

It isn't just after this game, it is after every game.

I like Twitter, I think its a great platform, but my god, when it comes to football it brings out embarrassing qualities in a lot of people.

Nobody surely sees Twitter as real life though? Twitter is used as an extension of a persons character, a place where people can be a "bit extra" and in some cases push the envelope. Now I grant you, a fair few people go too far and veer into the offensive or just plain illegal but there are functions that enable the user to avoid them. You can mute words such as the ones you mentioned, block accounts or report things you feel go over the line. For example I muted the words "Meghan", "Harry" and "Royal Family" this morning as I am sick of hearing about that bullshit now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 11:02

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Very hard to have sympathy with anyone moaning about Twitter when you can litereally just choose to not look at our hashtag or go as far to mute certain words you don't like or block accounts you don't want to see Tweets from. All the tools are there for you, use them!

Don’t actually have an account myself so unfortunately the block option isn’t viable

Sign up and block away, it will help you enjoy Twitter a hell of a lot more. You don't have to Tweet yourself either, it will just give you more control over the content you see.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Jan 2020 11:10

I am probably a bit thick (don't answer that) but what is this "rent free"? Not heard that expression before.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jan 2020 11:17

paultheroyal

I am probably a bit thick (don't answer that) but what is this "rent free"? Not heard that expression before.

People tweet "Rent Free" to claim that they are thinking about a subject that has got them rattled and said subject is then living "rent free" in their minds.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 11:18

That is shortly going to be added to the muted words list.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Jan 2020 11:30

Hendo
paultheroyal

People tweet "Rent Free" to claim that they are thinking about a subject that has got them rattled and said subject is then living "rent free" in their minds.

Oh blimey - that is utter cringe.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2020 11:33

paultheroyal
Hendo
paultheroyal

Oh blimey - that is utter cringe.

So nothing to do with rent boys then?

709 posts