MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

168 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

by CountryRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 20:36

tmesis It doesn't help that none of our next four league games - maybe five if Bristol City's performance today is an indicator - look obvious candidates for a first win of the season. It could be a painful start to the season.

Which we all know means cue a thumping win against Fulham.

It's the Reading way. :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

by windermereROYAL » 05 Aug 2017 21:38

First game defeat, we are down already, fold the club. :shock:

mambo3

by mambo3 » 05 Aug 2017 22:15

windermereROYAL First game defeat, we are down already, fold the club. :shock:

Stam mentions about improving the Team and making it better. We have faith in him as long as he doesn't blame others.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Aug 2017 22:46

Strange, no BBC-Radio Berks observations from IanRoyal. Bit worrying, hope he's ok.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 05 Aug 2017 23:58

windermereROYAL First game defeat, we are down already, fold the club. :shock:

I don't think there's been any overreaction to the defeat.

It's just that after a season of watching the players all but give up when we go behind, due to us being so uncreative that we rarely look like scoring, you just kind of hope that it won't be another season of the same old problems.

Stam worked miracles to squeeze a third place finish out of a team that didn't really ever impress last year. Fans always say they'd rather nick a 1-0 than watch an entertaining draw, but it would be nice to be able to go to games without thinking that a nicked 1-0 nil is about the only entertainment you are likely to see.

Yes, it's only one game, but scraping wins and looking well-beaten when we lost was a common feature of last season. It's not an easy one to "take the positives" from.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2017 09:48

You don't need to take the positives. You should just shrug and see how the next two months go.

We were awful plenty last season. And finished third. There's still plenty of transfer window. We've got a whole host of injuries. We've not had the best pre-season. It's only one game.

I'm genuinely surprised at how negative the reaction is. I could understand it if last season hadn't happened and we'd just finished 19th and 17th. But really? Wait and see what happens after 5 or 10 games.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2017 10:01

Snowflake Royal You don't need to take the positives. You should just shrug and see how the next two months go.

We were awful plenty last season. And finished third. There's still plenty of transfer window. We've got a whole host of injuries. We've not had the best pre-season. It's only one game.

I'm genuinely surprised at how negative the reaction is. I could understand it if last season hadn't happened and we'd just finished 19th and 17th. But really? Wait and see what happens after 5 or 10 games.

Frankly I think a bit of the anxiety comes from looking at the next 4 fixtures, it`s not inconceivable to believe we could have 1,2 or even zero points after 5 games.
While the real league table doesn`t take shape until after 8-10 games, but once the trend is set it`s difficult to drag yourself out of a rut.
I`m not in panic mode after one below par performance, but there are far harder tasks coming up in the next 3 weeks.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 06 Aug 2017 14:03

Snowflake Royal You don't need to take the positives. You should just shrug and see how the next two months go.

So basically you are saying the after a very poor display, in a thread dedicated to that one game we shouldn't be talking about how badly we played in that one game?

168 posts