1865 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation

by South Coast Royal » 04 Nov 2021 11:39

South Coast Royal
Stranded
Zip
Oddschecker have Derby nailed on for relegation with Hull next. Joint third favourites for relegation are us and Posh.

Fair with the deductions coming and the lack of fit players.

Didn't expect to see you in this topic. :wink:

It very much depends upon these next 9 games (as well as the points deduction of course) and garnering some points, any points
The key returners are Joao and Meite ,with Meite unlikely till late on in the season, and there is the major question of Swift staying or going.

If Joao doesn't return early in the New Year and/or gets injured straight away I can't see how we will score enough goals to stay up with the likelihood that nobody of note will be signed in January.

A gloomy outlook on a sunny November day but I feel that Swift is so important that if he gets his normal injury and/or leaves in January we are fcuked.
The best news would be to hear that he will be staying but I won't be holding my breath and who could blame him for moving to a higher level or a club with real ambition, realistic that is rather than just words.

BTW, have just checked the odds and we are now as short as 5/4 against, compared with the quote earlier in the week of 5/2. :cry: :cry:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Nov 2021 12:24

We won't be relegated.

I think Derby's defeat last night has condemned them for sure.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Nov 2021 14:26

South Coast Royal
Stranded
Zip
Oddschecker have Derby nailed on for relegation with Hull next. Joint third favourites for relegation are us and Posh.

Fair with the deductions coming and the lack of fit players.

Didn't expect to see you in this topic. :wink:

It very much depends upon these next 9 games (as well as the points deduction of course) and garnering some points, any points
The key returners are Joao and Meite ,with Meite unlikely till late on in the season, and there is the major question of Swift staying or going.

If Joao doesn't return early in the New Year and/or gets injured straight away I can't see how we will score enough goals to stay up with the likelihood that nobody of note will be signed in January.

A gloomy outlook on a sunny November day but I feel that Swift is so important that if he gets his normal injury and/or leaves in January we are fcuked.
The best news would be to hear that he will be staying but I won't be holding my breath and who could blame him for moving to a higher level or a club with real ambition, realistic that is rather than just words.

Seems I am an optimistic realist :wink:

I get why our odds are as they are but think we will be fine.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Nov 2021 15:04

John Smith We won't be relegated.

What's our likely points total by the turn of the year...........

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Nov 2021 15:50

Lower West
John Smith We won't be relegated.

What's our likely points total by the turn of the year...........

If it carries on at current PPG, it will be (assuming we get the 9 point deduction):

24. Derby 11
23. Hull 14
22. Barnsley 17
21. Cardiff 19
20. Reading 21
19. Posh 23
18. Bristol City 29
17. Forest 29
16. Sheff Utd 29
15. Preston 33
14. Boro 33
13. Brum 34
12. Blackburn 36
11. Swansea 36
10. Blackpool 38
9. Millwall 38
8. Luton 38
7. Huddersfield 39
6. Stoke 39
5. QPR 39
4. Coventry 42
3. West Brom 48
2. Fulham 55
1. Bournemouth 58

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Nov 2021 11:08

After Birmingham our ppg for 17 games puts us on 59-60 points at season’s end, 50-51 if we are docked 9 points

But we have a lot of players to come in to strengthen the squad and our ppg once we started winning is way better

ie our bad start colours things somewhat

Joao
Meite
Halilovic
Rhino
Morrison
Mcintyre
Drinkwater
Tetek
Hoilett
Araruna
Cabral

Plus we have what looks like a promising striker still developing in Clarke

Unless we implode (or sell Swift in January) I don’t think relegation is a good bet. With Swift still here and clear of injury, we surely have enough to finish on 55 or more, even with the deduction

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2021 12:08

Goals remain a big problem. Too many of our forwards are out long term and don't score many anyway.

Even on return, Joao is on a pretty barren spell. Meite will play little part and he's the only one you can really rely on. Puscas is drawing blanks and you can't rely on Clarke.

Ejaria doesn’t score or create anywhere near enough. Halilovic and TDB don't seem prolific. So that puts it all on Swift to create and score.

At the other end, we leak goals galore.

This isn't a happy combination. Our current form is borderline relegation and its hard to see how anyone with the least objectivity could rule out our start when we've basically just replicated it in the last 5 games.

Unless we improve significantly, and we know we're capable of not doing that even with most of the squad fit, we'll be close to relying on other teams to be worse again.

This side is incredibly Jekyll and Hyde. It can look great and atrocious. But ultimately, the atrocious seems to stick around more on the whole

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Nov 2021 12:21

Last 12 Games

7 12 5 4 3 15 10 +5 19 West Bromwich Albion
8 12 5 4 3 16 14 +2 19 Swansea
9 12 6 1 5 15 15 +0 19 Reading

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Nov 2021 12:22

I’ve seen little yet to suggest Pauno is the man to turn this around and I maintain that he will take us down, unless he changes his ways. I still believe even with the injuries we have the players available to be doing better. I’d love to be proved wrong and for him to be a success, truthfully.

Yesterday was a big, big 3 points mind.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Nov 2021 12:35

I wasn't at the game, but second half, the SKY pundit was
very, VERY complimentary about RDG's second-half performance
(when it was still 1-0 to Birmingham) saying they had really found
their rhythm and were outplaying Birmingham.

She expected RDG to score.

Think also, we gifted the first goal and Birmingham only
went close with one other chance.

This is the Birmingham who had just won three on the bounce scoring 7-1
and prior to that a 0-0 draw away to Huddersfield

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Nov 2021 16:02

Yes they hit the post at 1-1, but shit happens.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Nov 2021 11:09

That's why I like posts. There should be more of them.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Nov 2021 12:07

CountryRoyal I’ve seen little yet to suggest Pauno is the man to turn this around and I maintain that he will take us down, unless he changes his ways. I still believe even with the injuries we have the players available to be doing better. I’d love to be proved wrong and for him to be a success, truthfully.

4 points off play offs, injury hit squad, one recognised striker, team backfilled by loan signings, he should be doing better?

Ladies and Gentleman - i have found the LordCKS account!!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Nov 2021 12:25

paultheroyal
CountryRoyal I’ve seen little yet to suggest Pauno is the man to turn this around and I maintain that he will take us down, unless he changes his ways. I still believe even with the injuries we have the players available to be doing better. I’d love to be proved wrong and for him to be a success, truthfully.

4 points off play offs, injury hit squad, one recognised striker, team backfilled by loan signings, he should be doing better?

Good one. :|

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Nov 2021 12:41

CountryRoyal
paultheroyal

Good one. :|

No probs.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Nov 2021 19:16

Still 7/4 for relegation; not worth a judas bet in my view. Doesn't compare to 17/18 where bookies were still offering 7/1 after an abysmal run of 1 win in 18 and only 3 points above the relegation zone. That being said they were right and I was happy to lose £50.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Nov 2021 06:45

paultheroyal

LOL

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 10 Nov 2021 07:02

SouthDownsRoyal
paultheroyal

LOL

Whose Lord cks?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Nov 2021 08:36

paultheroyal

I've actually thought this a couple of times, but while CR wants Pauno gone, he isn't a monumental dickhead. Also, I know LCKS is a big NFL fan and I don't think CR has ever posted on the NFL thread.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Nov 2021 08:40

Lord CKS is a good bloke actually, very misunderstood. This forum is fantastic for judging people they don't know, it is like clockwork. :roll:

1865 posts