Relegation

1865 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Relegation

by Hound » 08 May 2022 12:08

blythspartan If we were to get another 6 points deduction and get relegated it will just bring forward what will happen next season in my opinion. I am looking forward to next season purely on the basis I hope we’ll be signing some young hungry players and I want to see bridges built between the club and the fans. However, I can’t see us avoiding relegation next season especially if we get another 6 points deducted. In all honesty it will need a minor miracle for us to be in the Championship for the 2023/24 season.

We’d be relegated AND under embargo still which would be rubbish

If we behave ourselves next year but to down we genuinely do have a clean slate to work from, no big earners under contract still hardly and can properly reset

I’m far more relaxed about relegation next year than I would have been any other time in the last 4-5 years

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2022 13:21

If we were relegated next season all our big earners would be off the wage bill. And can start again as a clean slate.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 May 2022 14:24

Franchise FC
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Too late for admin to apply this season isn’t it? And only way we go in to it is if Dai pulls his funding qnd someone claims an unpaid debt isn’t it?

Be quite funny if we went through all that, surviving a few games out and whimpering to a finish, only to discover we've gone over budget and our suspended six is applied... down we go.

You go into administration by the owners choosing to do it. They basically say they can’t run the club due to debts and hand over to accountants. Dai Yonnge is the one the club owes money to, so he could put us into admin. Wigan went down this route if I recall.
Not sure what the ‘deadline’ for applying a deduction for admin is and can’t find the EFL regs that should specify but you can bet there would be all sorts of challenges if we did go into admin now and escaped relegation because the deduction went towards next season.
Don’t think it is at all likely to happen though....
I’d also be amazed if we had breached the rules in some way but still played the way we have. If we were in danger of breaching there would have been dramatic measures to try and avoid it. We wouldn’t have had Nyland, Thomas and Barker around.
Technically we could have done something daft like accidentally had one too many players registered. Not sure for example whether the end of Melvin- Lamberts loan had been forgotten and he qualifies as a player (don’t think he does) and if that meant we had 26 qualified players we’d theoretically have breached the agreement....

That’s not entirely true
You can be placed into administration by a major creditor. Not applicable in our case unless we’ve got major loans on top of Dai’s, though

If it’s not applicable in our case then surely my statement is true !

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 May 2022 14:32

Nameless
Franchise FC
Nameless
You go into administration by the owners choosing to do it. They basically say they can’t run the club due to debts and hand over to accountants. Dai Yonnge is the one the club owes money to, so he could put us into admin. Wigan went down this route if I recall.
Not sure what the ‘deadline’ for applying a deduction for admin is and can’t find the EFL regs that should specify but you can bet there would be all sorts of challenges if we did go into admin now and escaped relegation because the deduction went towards next season.
Don’t think it is at all likely to happen though....
I’d also be amazed if we had breached the rules in some way but still played the way we have. If we were in danger of breaching there would have been dramatic measures to try and avoid it. We wouldn’t have had Nyland, Thomas and Barker around.
Technically we could have done something daft like accidentally had one too many players registered. Not sure for example whether the end of Melvin- Lamberts loan had been forgotten and he qualifies as a player (don’t think he does) and if that meant we had 26 qualified players we’d theoretically have breached the agreement....

That’s not entirely true
You can be placed into administration by a major creditor. Not applicable in our case unless we’ve got major loans on top of Dai’s, though

No, your statement was that you enter administration if the owners choose to do so, that’s patently not true

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2022 15:35

Whilst we mainly owe money to the owner in terms of loans, it's not beyond the realms of possibility we've not paid our tax bill, which would make HMRC a creditor.

Probably not the case, I don't see how that could work in terms of robbing Peter to pay Paul to stay within our budget whilst paying more in wages than we should. But stranger things have happened.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 May 2022 15:36

Franchise FC
Nameless
Franchise FC That’s not entirely true

No, your statement was that you enter administration if the owners choose to do so, that’s patently not true

I’m bemused that you now say it isn’t true having originally said it is true !
This could be up,there as one of the most pointless discussion in HNA history....

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2022 21:46

Franchise FC
Nameless
Franchise FC That’s not entirely true

Dai could decide to no longer fund the club, i.e. lend it money to pay the bills. No announcement as to ticket prices next season yet.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 May 2022 10:25

Crowbar6753
morganb Why there is still a bit of hope Peterborough United can avoid relegation this season

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... on-3684927

All a bit mysterious

There's no way any further deductions will be imposed on this season!! we've just coasted through the last three games knowing we're safe, if any further deductions were going to happen you would have seen it in the players performances.
Just sour grapes from Posh me thinks.

This ex rumour seems to be gaining more credence by the day.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... n-23894230

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegatio

by Nameless » 09 May 2022 10:43

karbota
Crowbar6753
morganb Why there is still a bit of hope Peterborough United can avoid relegation this season

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... on-3684927

All a bit mysterious

There's no way any further deductions will be imposed on this season!! we've just coasted through the last three games knowing we're safe, if any further deductions were going to happen you would have seen it in the players performances.
Just sour grapes from Posh me thinks.

This ex rumour seems to be gaining more credence by the day.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... n-23894230

2 local papers quoting the same unsubstantiated remark from a manager doesn’t give it credibility, or even make it a thing.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 May 2022 11:23

Oh getreading that reliable source of truthful information, time to get worried chaps :D

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 May 2022 11:25

People STILL replying to Karboot..... Wow.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 May 2022 11:28

NathStPaul People STILL replying to Karboot..... Wow.

If he hadn`t been quoted I wouldn`t have had a clue tbf.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 May 2022 11:47

Wow yes!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 May 2022 16:16

Has anyone worked out which regular poster does the Karbota character ?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 May 2022 16:17

Nameless

Would guess DD, they seem to reply to eachother an awful lot.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

BRe: Relegation

by Nameless » 09 May 2022 16:55

NathStPaul
Nameless

Trouble is I think I mightbe the only one who isn’t DD and I’m not even sure of that....

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BRe: Relegation

by NathStPaul » 09 May 2022 17:03

Nameless
NathStPaul
Nameless

Trouble is I think I mightbe the only one who isn’t DD and I’m not even sure of that....

That is a great point. He has confessed to having about 30 user names after all. He had us all on strings.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 09 May 2022 17:31

NathStPaul
Nameless
NathStPaul Would guess DD, they seem to reply to eachother an awful lot.

That is a great point. He has confessed to having about 30 user names after all. He had us all on strings.

Went for a pint with Karboota the other day he's alright IRL!

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 May 2022 19:41

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
There would be other ways.
If we had breached any aspect of our agreement the 6 points suspension would kick in. The agreement is not just about wage budgets. Or if it was found we had concealed any info when putting the agreement together.
It’s also possible that we might be heading into administration. Can’t see that but it could happen and would obviously see a deduction.

Is it?

I didn't fact check although I thought it was just the breach of agreed budgets that would see another 6 point deduction. Realistically though, what else could it actually be at this stage other than breaching our budgets?

Of course it’s possible.
Unlikely, but possible.
Read the original statement , it’s easier than just asking other people.
And be consistent. First of all you said it was ‘only’ possible if we breached our wage budget. Then you changed it to ‘ breach of budget’.

So you named an unrealistic possibility then...

Breaching our budgets as in playing budget, i.e. wages. The terminology wasn't any different, I just used a different phrase.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 09 May 2022 21:27

BROB0T
NathStPaul
Nameless

Went for a pint with Karboota the other day he's alright IRL!

and yet you’re not.

It’s a funny old world.

1865 posts