Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Relegation

by CountryRoyal » 19 Mar 2018 10:47

Snowball Bad News I'm afraid

I had a bet on William Hill for us to be relegated
but was so unimpressed with their service and
joke "Live Chat" I managed to get my bet refunded
and my account cancelled.

This, of course, guarantees we will be relegated.

That is so snowball.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Mar 2018 11:35

Old Man Andrews I expect to see something similar to when Steven Reid was here to be honest. There was far more interaction with the players.

Fair enough.

I guess my point was that anything you see during the warm up is largely just a small bit of man-management and motivation as opposed to coaching as such. Not that those aren't potentially important roles but not what I thought you meant by the lack coaching.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 19 Mar 2018 17:53

Royal_jimmy I think the QPR game is massive.

It would be massive if we stood a snowball in hell's chance of winning.

With every passing week, we look less likely to beat ANYONE and that includes Sunderland which (to state the blindingly obvious!) is why we haven't beaten ANYONE in 18 games.

While I accept all the problems at the club, as listed by IR above, run deep and will not be fixed over night, only removing Stam will give us any chance of survival this season.

If there's one person who won't fix anything, it's the man who has got just about everything wrong so far in this campaign and this is borne out by the fact that, since being kept on when most clubs would have removed him, things have gone from bad to worse. We might as well appoint Mickey Mouse than give Stam another day in charge of this team.

I've never bought into this notion that our players lack confidence in themselves. They, like most of us, lack confidence in what they are being asked to do by their manager and for that they have my deepest sympathy. They wouldn't be human if they weren't thinking "9 games and this nightmare is over"

While bringing someone in now may be a long shot, if we don't do what should have done months ago in removing Stam, this slow motion car crash is only going to end one way and my days of supporting this club are over for the foreseeable future.

They say it's the hope that kills you, well the idiots currently running this club no longer deserve our hope.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 19 Mar 2018 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Mar 2018 18:34

Woodcote Royal

With every passing week, we look less likely to beat ANYONE and that includes Sunderland which (to state the blindingly obvious!) is why we haven't beaten ANYONE in 18 games.

While I accept all the problems at the club, as listed by IR above, run deep and will not be fixed over night, only removing Stam will give us any chance of survival this season.

If there's one person who won't fix anything, it's the man who has got just about everything wrong so far in this campaign and this borne out by the fact that, since being kept on when most clubs would have removed him, things have gone from bad to worse. We might as well appoint Mickey Mouse than give Stam another day in charge of this team.

I've never bought into this notion that our players lack confidence in themselves. They, like most of us, lack confidence in what they are being asked to do by their manager and for that they have my deepest sympathy. They wouldn't be human if they weren't thinking "9 games and this nightmare is over"

While bringing someone in now may be a long shot, if we don't do what should have done months ago in removing Stam, this slow motion car crash is only going to end one way and my days of supporting this club are over for the foreseeable future.

They say it's the hope that kills you, well the idiots currently running this club no longer deserve our hope.

Oi. We beat Burton so we have had one win in the last 18 games. Crack open the champagne

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Mar 2018 19:17

Woodcote Royal

I'm happy to play right-wing

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 19 Mar 2018 20:04

Zip
Woodcote Royal

If there's one person who won't fix anything, it's the man who has got just about everything wrong so far in this campaign and this borne out by the fact that, since being kept on when most clubs would have removed him, things have gone from bad to worse. We might as well appoint Mickey Mouse than give Stam another day in charge of this team.

Oi. We beat Burton so we have had one win in the last 18 games. Crack open the champagne

Sorry, forgot about Burton in an ocean full of defeats!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Mar 2018 14:41

Remaining fixtures

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Mar 2018 14:42

Sutekh Remaining fixtures

How many points do Sunderland get from those games Sutekh?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Mar 2018 14:44

Remaining fixtures

Sunderland away to Fulham on 28th April.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Mar 2018 15:37

John Smith
Sutekh Remaining fixtures

How many points do Sunderland get from those games Sutekh?

Hi

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 20 Mar 2018 15:43

Wolves look to be quite pivotal in the relegation scrap - playing everyone at the bottom barring Barnsley (including Burton and us in their last two games)

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 20 Mar 2018 16:02

Brum Royal Wolves look to be quite pivotal in the relegation scrap - playing everyone at the bottom barring Barnsley (including Burton and us in their last two games)

We've got to play Wolves again? :shock: Was two beatings enough for you? :D

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 Mar 2018 22:31

Truly awful website and app. Search function that doesn’t find anything is very frustrating

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Mar 2018 23:59

Brum Royal Wolves look to be quite pivotal in the relegation scrap - playing everyone at the bottom barring Barnsley (including Burton and us in their last two games)

If they beat everyone they might keep us up
If they lose a few we might go down but the 106 record would be safe (they can still match it can't they?)

Staying up and losing record or relegation and record retained? Which would you choose?!

double d

by double d » 21 Mar 2018 06:59

bcubed

If they beat everyone they might keep us up
If they lose a few we might go down but the 106 record would be safe (they can still match it can't they?)

Staying up and losing record or relegation and record retained? Which would you choose?!

That question can only be answer if stam stays or goes.

Stay up and keep/lose record and keep stam? No thank you

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Mar 2018 11:03

3points

Truly awful website and app. Search function that doesn’t find anything is very frustrating

The "help" is in the Philippines and an absolute joke.

Anyway, I got my £150 back, and now Stam is gone we are not going to be relegated
or finish bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Mar 2018 11:30

This season getting closer and closer to paralleling 1997/1998

1997/98

Poor start
Picks up a bit
Utter collapse
Manager goes in mid March
1 game with caretaker