Relegation

1865 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Relegation

by Stranded » 10 Nov 2021 09:01

NathStPaul Lord CKS is a good bloke actually, very misunderstood. This forum is fantastic for judging people they don't know, it is like clockwork. :roll:

I don't think anyone judges the bloke behind the account, am sure he is a decent bloke and the account seems to be played for a bit of a laugh (for him at least) but it got old quickly, but if you don't like an account on there block it or mute it - its easy enough.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Nov 2021 09:15

NathStPaul Lord CKS is a good bloke actually, very misunderstood. This forum is fantastic for judging people they don't know, it is like clockwork. :roll:

This is really not true.... question your judgement on that front.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Nov 2021 09:36

paultheroyal

How can you tell me something isn't true when you haven't got a clue how often I speak to him, what I speak to him about etc? He is a good bloke who gives his views in a forthright manner when it comes to football. Views which I accept are not to everyone's tastes.

Edit: Of course if he has personally offended you then I take your point and get why you'd feel that way. All I can do is speak for me and say he has been nothing but nice to me and have had some really decent chats with him.
Last edited by NathStPaul on 10 Nov 2021 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Nov 2021 09:40

Stranded

I don't think anyone judges the bloke behind the account, am sure he is a decent bloke and the account seems to be played for a bit of a laugh (for him at least) but it got old quickly, but if you don't like an account on there block it or mute it - its easy enough.

Yeah thats the sensible approach and many do block him due to how he words things. Social media is used by some to just unload their frustrations on, some do it more than others and it can rub people up the wrong way. I tend to judge people by how they treat me and he has always been a good bloke to me, his rants about Reading FC don't cloud my views on him as a human.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Nov 2021 09:51

NathStPaul
Stranded

Yeah thats the sensible approach and many do block him due to how he words things. Social media is used by some to just unload their frustrations on, some do it more than others and it can rub people up the wrong way. I tend to judge people by how they treat me and he has always been a good bloke to me, his rants about Reading FC don't cloud my views on him as a human.

As it should be, I don't know the bloke but not a fan of his account, so don't read it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Nov 2021 11:30

While I disagree in this particular case as I don't want Pauno gone, the idea of wanting a team to lose to get rid of a manager you genuinely feel is awful on the back of a string of defeats is not new, and not unreasonable at all. I've been there several times for various managers and will be there again if I REALLY lose faith in a manager. Got to get worse before it gets better etc.

The last thing you want is a lucky result papering over cracks keeping an idiot in the post for longer.

Where we differ with this guy is we don't feel Pauno is anywhere near that stage yet.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Nov 2021 11:56

Millsy While I disagree in this particular case as I don't want Pauno gone, the idea of wanting a team to lose to get rid of a manager you genuinely feel is awful on the back of a string of defeats is not new, and not unreasonable at all. I've been there several times for various managers and will be there again if I REALLY lose faith in a manager. Got to get worse before it gets better etc.

The last thing you want is a lucky result papering over cracks keeping an idiot in the post for longer.

Where we differ with this guy is we don't feel Pauno is anywhere near that stage yet.

Seems to be working for Man Utd :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2021 12:20

Stranded

Oh I dunno. I'm happy to judge anyone being a colossal bellend for a laugh as just a colossal bellend.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Nov 2021 13:02

What is to misunderstand? The twitter persona of LordCKS is "angry man, screaming nonsense into the void to avoid thinking about his own impotence ".
It's not particularly insightful, or original - but some may find it funny.

The person behind that persona may be a good bloke (I'd be dubious myself, pouring out that much bile into the world, even as a joke, is not "good"), but the persona itself is not, by any possible definition, a good bloke. And it's the persona that is being judged here.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Nov 2021 14:30

Hendo
paultheroyal
CountryRoyal I’ve seen little yet to suggest Pauno is the man to turn this around and I maintain that he will take us down, unless he changes his ways. I still believe even with the injuries we have the players available to be doing better. I’d love to be proved wrong and for him to be a success, truthfully.

Yesterday was a big, big 3 points mind.

4 points off play offs, injury hit squad, one recognised striker, team backfilled by loan signings, he should be doing better?

Ladies and Gentleman - i have found the LordCKS account!!

I've actually thought this a couple of times, but while CR wants Pauno gone, he isn't a monumental dickhead. Also, I know LCKS is a big NFL fan and I don't think CR has ever posted on the NFL thread.

I agree, I’d like to think of myself as more of a casual dickhead.

And no, NFL isn’t really for me. It’s all a bit franchise-y and the game itself leaves me a bit :|

And I don’t use Twitter.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Nov 2021 15:23

CountryRoyal
Hendo
paultheroyal
4 points off play offs, injury hit squad, one recognised striker, team backfilled by loan signings, he should be doing better?

Ladies and Gentleman - i have found the LordCKS account!!

I've actually thought this a couple of times, but while CR wants Pauno gone, he isn't a monumental dickhead. Also, I know LCKS is a big NFL fan and I don't think CR has ever posted on the NFL thread.

I agree, I’d like to think of myself as more of a casual dickhead.

And no, NFL isn’t really for me. It’s all a bit franchise-y and the game itself leaves me a bit :|

And I don’t use Twitter.

Ha

Nice concept :D

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 10 Nov 2021 15:39

paultheroyal

Looks like NathStPaul might be LordCKS :wink:

Anyway it can't be worse then the "Reading fc - the truth" account.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Nov 2021 15:54

That account was about 10 different people using the same login.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 10 Nov 2021 15:57

NathStPaul That account was about 10 different people using the same login.

How do you know that? Who was it?
There was some absolutely disgraceful stuff being posted on that account.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Nov 2021 16:19

Donny Ironside

I was added to a Reading FC group on Twitter. Must have been over 20 people in the group, light hearted banter at first about football etc. One of the kids in the group made the account to take the piss out of other Reading supporters which again started quite light hearted and then became quite awful which is when I left that particular group.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 10 Nov 2021 16:25

NathStPaul
Donny Ironside

I was added to a Reading FC group on Twitter. Must have been over 20 people in the group, light hearted banter at first about football etc. One of the kids in the group made the account to take the piss out of other Reading supporters which again started quite light hearted and then became quite awful which is when I left that particular group.

Yeah that account was horrible. Pretty sure they posted stuff mocking disabilities and something racist.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Nov 2021 09:18

I asked earlier but was not aware of a reply. Any more teams with points deductions incoming? Hull City perhaps?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Nov 2021 09:52

paultheroyal I asked earlier but was not aware of a reply. Any more teams with points deductions incoming? Hull City perhaps?

Spoke to my brother about this earlier, he is a big Hull supporter. He says there isn't anything imminent if at all. Between the time they were relegated from the Championship to the time the came back this season they have not spent a single penny, sold/released big earners. He seems to think they are pretty safe for now. Also rumours of a sale to a Turkish businessman.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Nov 2021 14:09

paultheroyal I asked earlier but was not aware of a reply. Any more teams with points deductions incoming? Hull City perhaps?

Aren’t Forest having to be careful? Birmingham I think are through their dodgy patch. There are suggestions Bournemouth could have issues if they fail to go up esp. given the way they spent to be promoted originally. But basically it’s just Reading and Derby at the moment - and it may go on into next season for both clubs. Of course if Reading could sell Moore and Puscas for a combined £30m in January things may return to normal quicker.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 11 Nov 2021 19:05

Sutekh

Aren’t Forest having to be careful? Birmingham I think are through their dodgy patch. There are suggestions Bournemouth could have issues if they fail to go up esp. given the way they spent to be promoted originally. But basically it’s just Reading and Derby at the moment - and it may go on into next season for both clubs. Of course if Reading could sell Moore and Puscas for a combined £30m in January things may return to normal quicker.

Hull too and probably Stoke next season given their losses last year

1865 posts