MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by rotund lady auditions

128 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by rotund lady auditions

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2017 12:14

leon
NewCorkSeth
leon Disagree he keeps making runs pulling his marker around but no ones reaching him.

He's pulling his marker the wrong way....
When swift was charging up the left wing Smith ran right. How does that constitute a good run?

When McShanes got the ball on midfield on the right at least 3 times in the first half.

That's how, smarty pants.

His marker was with him all the way most of the time. Good that he was working the defence, but his inexperience showed in that they were often wrong or not well timed enough.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Nov 2017 13:03

Snowflake Royal
leon
NewCorkSeth He's pulling his marker the wrong way....
When swift was charging up the left wing Smith ran right. How does that constitute a good run?

When McShanes got the ball on midfield on the right at least 3 times in the first half.

His marker was with him all the way most of the time. Good that he was working the defence, but his inexperience showed in that they were often wrong or not well timed enough.

I was sitting in the ED stand directly in line and he was ahead of his marker on several occasions with a direct line from McShane. All it needed was a through ball.

I'm not saying he was stand out class/we can now sell him £20M - what I'm saying is he did a decent job, will learn from it and the balance of the side looked so much better with square pegs in square holes - across the pitch but especially in attacking areas.

I'm not sure what you're hoping to gain from criticising the lad on here. Other than try and cling on to a point you made in a thread on a football forum, but I think we should be encouraging our young players and looking for some positives - even if it is purely that with him in the side we keep playing the right formation whilst getting more experienced strikers back.

Which was my point all along.

I consider the matter now closed.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 01 Nov 2017 13:09

leon
Snowflake Royal
leon

I was sitting in the ED stand directly in line and he was ahead of his marker on several occasions with a direct line from McShane. All it needed was a through ball.

I'm not saying he was stand out class/we can now sell him £20M - what I'm saying is he did a decent job, will learn from it and the balance of the side looked so much better with square pegs in square holes - across the pitch but especially in attacking areas.

I'm not sure what you're hoping to gain from criticising the lad on here. Other than try and cling on to a point you made in a thread on a football forum, but I think we should be encouraging our young players and looking for some positives - even if it is purely that with him in the side we keep playing the right formation whilst getting more experienced strikers back.

Which was my point all along.

I consider the matter now closed.

Mic drop! :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Nov 2017 13:26

Agreed with leon, there were several times in the game where I could see a through ball. In fact, I kept shouting "SMITH!" :lol:

Ian Royal hates Sam Smith, pass it on

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Nov 2017 13:33

genome Agreed with leon, there were several times in the game where I could see a through ball. In fact, I kept shouting "SMITH!" :lol:

likewise. He made some decent runs, but there was a distinct lack of willingness to pass to him.

A number of times we really should have lifted it into the channels for him to run on to. Forest actually did that quite well to us a couple of times second half, in behind McShane and Gunter.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Nov 2017 13:35

Good performance against a very poor Forest side. They didn't really look interested until they went 2-0 down.

Bacuna was on top form all night long, long may he stay at right back.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2017 13:57

Old Man Andrews Good performance against a very poor Forest side. They didn't really look interested until they went 2-0 down.

Just as well considering the pressure they put us under in the last 20. I actually thought they were a decent footballing team. 57% possession

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2017 14:58

genome Agreed with leon, there were several times in the game where I could see a through ball. In fact, I kept shouting "SMITH!" :lol:

So could I and the defender.

He was good. He just wasn't whar made the difference IMO. That was Barrow. And I don't think him being there was particularly crucial to Barrow and Aluko having more space.

He did well, but showed why Stam picked other options first. He's not there yet. Definite promise.

It doesn't have to be love or hate you know.

128 posts