Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by Royals and Racers » 02 May 2021 14:46

2-1
2-2
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 02 May 2021 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 May 2021 14:46

OMG they've let another in! Albeit a superb strike. 2-2

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 May 2021 14:47

Two goals conceded with just a couple minutes of the half remaining! Shocking! :twisted:

Game Management? What Game Management?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 May 2021 15:16

3-2 Harding so can they hold onto a lead this time?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 May 2021 15:56

RoyalBlue 3-2 Harding so can they hold onto a lead this time?

Yes - just!

Eikeland great opportunity on 88 mins one on one with keeper but wasted it.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 May 2021 07:49

Royals final match of the season is on Sunday(May 9th) live on BT Sport 2 away at champions elect Chelsea, who should secure the victory necessary to ensure the title. KO is 2.30pm.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 May 2021 14:18

Birmingham have been deducted 1 point for fielding an illegible player against the Royals the other week- player should have been suspended.
Birmingham still very much in a relegation scrap today.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 May 2021 18:49

All about Chelsea on the tv and on-lines

Not much (if any) mention of the payer that helped get them there.

Thank you Fara, was great having you around....lookIng forward to seeing you in management and/or punditory.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 May 2021 09:06

Well that was the most predictable result of the season, except I thought it would be six nil. It wasn’t by no means the worst performance by Reading ladies, it was just another example of the have And have nots In the WSL. If the women’s game is going to progress then surely it must find a system like the men’s Premier League to make all games more competitive. in the WSL. If the women’s game is going to progress then surely it must find a system like the men’s Premier League to make all games more competitive.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 10 May 2021 09:46

Jackson Corner Well that was the most predictable result of the season, except I thought it would be six nil. It wasn’t by no means the worst performance by Reading ladies, it was just another example of the have And have nots In the WSL. If the women’s game is going to progress then surely it must find a system like the men’s Premier League to make all games more competitive. in the WSL. If the women’s game is going to progress then surely it must find a system like the men’s Premier League to make all games more competitive.

I'm not sure the men's PL has got it right either. There's still a massive gulf between the richest clubs and the also rans in terms of ability to sign players etc.

Dare I say it, the MLS model might work better.

As the BT commentary team pointed out. It's perhaps not a case of Reading Women going backwards, rather they have stood still in terms of quality of signings/squads whereas the big clubs have invested more and more money and therefore are pulling away. They felt Reading had to invest more in players but I'm not sure they are in a position to do so,

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 May 2021 21:51

RoyalBlue
Jackson Corner Well that was the most predictable result of the season, except I thought it would be six nil. It wasn’t by no means the worst performance by Reading ladies, it was just another example of the have And have nots In the WSL. If the women’s game is going to progress then surely it must find a system like the men’s Premier League to make all games more competitive. in the WSL. If the women’s game is going to progress then surely it must find a system like the men’s Premier League to make all games more competitive.

I'm not sure the men's PL has got it right either. There's still a massive gulf between the richest clubs and the also rans in terms of ability to sign players etc.

Dare I say it, the MLS model might work better.

As the BT commentary team pointed out. It's perhaps not a case of Reading Women going backwards, rather they have stood still in terms of quality of signings/squads whereas the big clubs have invested more and more money and therefore are pulling away. They felt Reading had to invest more in players but I'm not sure they are in a position to do so,

No they don’t have the cash to compete Man City Chelsea and Arsenal throw millions at there ladies team’s they are not making any money out of it. It’s just another way of selling there brand around the world. It’s interesting that some big prem teams have no interest in the ladies game Newcastle,Leeds Southampton And Liverpool were ourselves Bristol City Birmingham and Brighton have and run academy teams. But in reality we are there just to make up the numbers.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 May 2021 10:29

More money coming in from 21/22 season with the 1st paid TV contract with SKY/BBC.
https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/wom ... sports-bbc

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 May 2021 15:47

The fact that the goalkeeper (Grace Moloney) won the Player of The Season and the Players' Player of The Season and a midfielder (Rachel Rowe) won the Golden Boot pretty much sums up the women's season!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 May 2021 11:30

Kristine Leine confirmed as leaving the club- shame i think she is a decent defender.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 May 2021 12:29

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/m ... challenge/

Reading FC Women are beginning to reshape and renovate now that the 2020-21 season is in the rear-view mirror, and are looking to the future in the top flight of women’s football.

Following Fara Williams’ retirement and Angharad James leaving for a new challenge at North Carolina Courage, the long serving duo of Lauren Bruton and Molly Bartrip will also be exiting the club.

Striker Bruton has been unlucky with injuries, missing the entirety of the 2019-20 campaign, as well as the tail end of 2020-21. She returned to the squad in September for the beginning of the most recent campaign and netted 3 times.

Defender Bartrip had an extended spell on the side-lines in 2019-20 herself, before returning to regular full-time action for the Royals, and celebrated her 100th appearance for the club back in February. Bruton and Bartrip have been with the club since 2013 and 2014, respectively.

Another player moving on is Norwegian Kristine Leine. After being offered a contract extension, Leine has decided to return home back Norway to be closer to her family. The defender joined Kelly Chambers’ Royals just under two years ago from her homeland side Røa IL.

Goalkeeper Erin Nayler also leaves Reading. New Zealander Nayler – who played just once for the Royals in a 3-0 loss to West Ham – signed just before the beginning of the 2020-21 season.

Finally, young players Silvana Flores and Molly Childerhouse will also move onto pastures new as they seek to gain regular football.

“I am so grateful to all of the players,” Manager Kelly Chambers said. “Some of them have been with us for a very long time, like Lauren and Molly, and their contribution and dedication to the team has been fantastic.

“Each one of them – regardless of if they have made a hundred appearances or were squad players that hadn’t had many minutes – were a huge part of the team and always gave everything, which is all I could ever ask of them. We are a unit and it is always sad to see players go, but I wish each and every one of them well in whatever their next steps are.

“This season has been inconsistent for us to say the least, and one we have to learn a lot from. We do have highlights from 2020-21 which include us holding the distinction of being the first side to defeat Manchester United at Leigh Sports Village in over a year. Recruitment has been going on for a while now as I need to make sure that I mould a first team squad capable of pushing us higher in the league. We have traditionally always competed up there and we need to work hard to get back there.”

Reading FC Women wishes the very best of luck to all the exiting players in their future endeavours.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 Jun 2021 16:11

A signing !!! 32 year old England International striker Natasha Dowie who played for AC Milan last season(14 goals in 24 matches)

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 28 Jun 2021 16:59

Royals and Racers A signing !!! 32 year old England International striker Natasha Dowie who played for AC Milan last season(14 goals in 24 matches)

Since joining Liverpool in 2012 she's played 205 games and scored 124 goals.

I'm hoping it was Paunović and not Chambers who signed her!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Jun 2021 17:31

Been missing a natural goalscorer ever since Kirby left. Plenty of points dropped last season after dominating games and Dowie should have a couple of good seasons left in her.

Potentially a very good signing.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Jul 2021 12:22

Another signing 24 year old Welsh international defender Gemma Evans from Bristol City.
18 year old Bethan Roberts has signed her 1st pro contract with the Royals.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Jul 2021 16:12

Reading are very pleased to announce that full-back Faye Bryson has been added to the Royals ranks!
https://mobile.twitter.com/ReadingFCWom ... 7570847747

1862 posts