AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Feb 2021 16:07

Strugglers BHA win at Chelsea too :shock:

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 07 Feb 2021 17:29

A great result, and watching the highlights it's great to see that goalkeeping has developed hugely in the past 5 years. Some outstanding saves at both ends.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Feb 2021 16:22

Jess Fishlock`s loan spell ends after Sunday`s home game with Everton as she returns to the USA to play for OL Reign

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Feb 2021 19:20

Royals and Racers Jess Fishlock`s loan spell ends after Sunday`s home game with Everton as she returns to the USA to play for OL Reign

I wonder whether there will be any chance of an extension given that the NWSL doesn't start until April 9th (at the earliest).

One, possibly the only, downside of Trump going is that had he remained in situ Jess Fishlock may well have considered moving back to the UK. She wasn't a fan of him!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Feb 2021 14:24

The Royals return to Madejski stadium on Sunday 14th February with a WSL match against Everton KO is 2pm and the match is live on the FA player. This is a good opportunity for another 3 points before the 2 week break.
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 11 Feb 2021 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Feb 2021 15:17

Royals and Racers The Royals return to Madejski stadium on Sunday 14th February with a WSL match against Tottenham KO is 2pm and the match is live on the FA player. This is a good opportunity for another 3 points before the 2 week break.

Don't you mean Everton? Other details are correct.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Feb 2021 15:42

RoyalBlue
Royals and Racers The Royals return to Madejski stadium on Sunday 14th February with a WSL match against Tottenham KO is 2pm and the match is live on the FA player. This is a good opportunity for another 3 points before the 2 week break.

Yes i did - now edited( they are a better side than Spurs so will be another good test)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Feb 2021 16:11

Royals and Racers
RoyalBlue

Yes i did - now edited( they are a better side than Spurs so will be another good test)

Yes, I'd rather see them play against Everton. Reading nearly always seem to do better against stronger teams.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Feb 2021 14:40

1-0 35mins Rowe
H-T 1-0
1-1 76 mins

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 14 Feb 2021 15:42

Royals and Racers 1-0 35mins Rowe
H-T 1-0
1-1 76 mins

Sadly that had been on the cards for some time. Dreading Everton pushing on and getting the winner now.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Feb 2021 15:59

FT 1-1 hard earned point. Thought the Royal`s bossed the 1st half and Everton the 2nd.
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 14 Feb 2021 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 14 Feb 2021 15:59

FT 1-1

Like the men's team, injuries and lack of squad depth plus, to a lesser extent, failing to make the most of opportunities created, is costing the women's team dear,

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Feb 2021 16:25

2 bits of news
1 Grace Maloney has signed a 2 year contract extension until June 2023
2 Fara Williams has posted on instagram the latest on her health situation
In March 2020, I had an operation to reattach the muscle & tendons of my thigh to the bone. In my final stage of rehab, I noticed swelling in my legs, hands & face. My first thought was that it was some sort of allergy, however, the following Day I was admitted to A & E & underwent many tests, including a kidney biopsy. The result of the biopsy showed that I had a kidney condition called Nephrotic Syndrome.
To treat this condition, I was put on the highest possible dose of steroids. This, of course, did not come without noticeable side effects. I gained an excessive amount of weight & this was noticeable in both my physical appearance and performances on the pitch.
I was fully cleared to play football on this medication by the Anti-doping Authority, together with my having regular blood & urine tests.
My consultant had never encountered someone within sport with this condition, until assisting me with my treatment, so it has been difficult to know what to do for the best - both for myself and Reading WFC.
I’ve been conscious of not wanting my teammates or the fans to think that I was unfit or not trying my absolute hardest in training sessions or during matches, particularly as, the reason was the condition and side effects of my medication. Upon reflection, I now feel I should have waited until I was further into recovery before I continued to play football.
It is important to be open & honest about the challenges I have faced, with both my mental & physical well-being, over recent months and especially during lockdown, which has been challenging for us all.
It is also important to speak out and support each other now more than ever and I would encourage anyone experiencing similar difficulties, be it health or personal matters, to seek support.
I would like to thank my consultant and the medical and physio team at Reading, who have been instrumental in ensuring that I have received the right care, as well as my agents at New Era, my partner, family & friends for their unconditional emotional support. I now look forward to getting back on the pitch in good health.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Feb 2021 17:01

Royals and Racers 2 bits of news
In March 2020, I had an operation to reattach the muscle & tendons of my thigh to the bone. In my final stage of rehab, I noticed swelling in my legs, hands & face. My first thought was that it was some sort of allergy, however, the following Day I was admitted to A & E & underwent many tests, including a kidney biopsy. The result of the biopsy showed that I had a kidney condition called Nephrotic Syndrome.
To treat this condition, I was put on the highest possible dose of steroids. This, of course, did not come without noticeable side effects. I gained an excessive amount of weight & this was noticeable in both my physical appearance and performances on the pitch.
I was fully cleared to play football on this medication by the Anti-doping Authority, together with my having regular blood & urine tests.
My consultant had never encountered someone within sport with this condition, until assisting me with my treatment, so it has been difficult to know what to do for the best - both for myself and Reading WFC.
I’ve been conscious of not wanting my teammates or the fans to think that I was unfit or not trying my absolute hardest in training sessions or during matches, particularly as, the reason was the condition and side effects of my medication. Upon reflection, I now feel I should have waited until I was further into recovery before I continued to play football.
It is important to be open & honest about the challenges I have faced, with both my mental & physical well-being, over recent months and especially during lockdown, which has been challenging for us all.
It is also important to speak out and support each other now more than ever and I would encourage anyone experiencing similar difficulties, be it health or personal matters, to seek support.
I would like to thank my consultant and the medical and physio team at Reading, who have been instrumental in ensuring that I have received the right care, as well as my agents at New Era, my partner, family & friends for their unconditional emotional support. I now look forward to getting back on the pitch in good health.

That's a really interesting update, thanks.

Wasn't there also some talk about Brooke Chaplen issuing an update on a virus or something she's been suffering from?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Feb 2021 17:34

RoyalBlue
Royals and Racers 2 bits of news

That's a really interesting update, thanks.

Wasn't there also some talk about Brooke Chaplen issuing an update on a virus or something she's been suffering from?

This was the latest from the club on Feb 3rd
Unfortunately, Brooke has been battling a virus on-and-off since the summer. The effects of this virus has hampered her ability to participate in training regularly. There have been periods in the season where Brooke would have been able to train and play, but then would have exacerbations which would take her back out of training. Brooke is currently making her way through a progressive return programme and requires more time to ensure her symptoms remain settled before she resumes training.

Messy Ted

by Messy Ted » 19 Feb 2021 09:56

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 19 Feb 2021 15:16

Saw this on the BBC website this morning :cry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56109880

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 19 Feb 2021 18:31

Rusty royal Saw this on the BBC website this morning :cry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56109880

It's a shame the BBC don't bother to report the positivity from Fara at the end of this story.

Leaving out the following line makes it appear that her career is finished!

I now look forward to getting back on the pitch in good health.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Feb 2021 18:43

RoyalBlue
Royals and Racers Jess Fishlock`s loan spell ends after Sunday`s home game with Everton as she returns to the USA to play for OL Reign

I wonder whether there will be any chance of an extension given that the NWSL doesn't start until April 9th (at the earliest).

One, possibly the only, downside of Trump going is that had he remained in situ Jess Fishlock may well have considered moving back to the UK. She wasn't a fan of him!

Confirmed Jess stays until April 4th.

1862 posts