Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by Kitsondinho » 05 Feb 2023 15:25

0-1. Ridiculous defending once again.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Feb 2023 15:28

0-2 See above

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Feb 2023 15:58

Once again poor defending and our complete inability to score cost us dear.

As for the lunatic decision to loan Natasha Dowie (proven goalscorer elsewhere) to a fellow relegation candidate, even the FA Player commentator said he couldn't understand the logic behind it!

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Feb 2023 15:59

Liverpool win 2-0.
So fed up of us playing well, not taking our chances and letting teams score through scrambled defending…always last ditch stuff. Sigh.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Feb 2023 16:02

RoyalBlue Once again poor defending and our complete inability to score cost us dear.

As for the lunatic decision to loan Natasha Dowie (proven goalscorer elsewhere) to a fellow relegation candidate, even the FA Player commentator said he couldn't understand the logic behind it!

Also questioned our subs…looking for a goal and we take off our two most dangerous players! Alexander didn’t get a chance, because no-one got the ball to her. Now relying on Liverpool to not lose to Leicester next week. That game at Burton (I assume) on first weekend in April could determine who goes down!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Feb 2023 16:16

Kitsondinho
RoyalBlue Once again poor defending and our complete inability to score cost us dear.

Also questioned our subs…looking for a goal and we take off our two most dangerous players! Alexander didn’t get a chance, because no-one got the ball to her. Now relying on Liverpool to not lose to Leicester next week. That game at Burton (I assume) on first weekend in April could determine who goes down!

It`s at the King Power Stadium

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Feb 2023 16:17

It doesn't look good at the bottom with the extra we've played, we're relying on Leicester to continue being poor now.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Feb 2023 16:22

Royals and Racers
Kitsondinho

It’ll get moved to Burton, just like the FA Cup game. The FA Cup tie was originally scheduled for KP, until tickets went on sale in early Jan. As with many other WSL teams, Leicester tend to use their ‘satellite’ stadium for games where they’d expect 1,000 or fewer.
Conversely, Villa moved our away game from Walsall’s ground, to Villa Park as tickets sold much better than expected.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Feb 2023 16:25

Kitsondinho
Royals and Racers
Kitsondinho Also questioned our subs…looking for a goal and we take off our two most dangerous players! Alexander didn’t get a chance, because no-one got the ball to her. Now relying on Liverpool to not lose to Leicester next week. That game at Burton (I assume) on first weekend in April could determine who goes down!

It’ll get moved to Burton, just like the FA Cup game. The FA Cup tie was originally scheduled for KP, until tickets went on sale in early Jan. As with many other WSL teams, Leicester tend to use their ‘satellite’ stadium for games where they’d expect 1,000 or fewer.
Conversely, Villa moved our away game from Walsall’s ground, to Villa Park as tickets sold much better than expected.

50p it`s at the King Power :)

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Feb 2023 16:28

Royals and Racers
Kitsondinho
Royals and Racers It`s at the King Power Stadium

50p it`s at the King Power :)

:lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 05 Feb 2023 17:27

Kitsondinho

Mid Sussex Royal It doesn't look good at the bottom with the extra we've played, we're relying on Leicester to continue being poor now.

Oh, cheers guys. My Sunday was bad enough already without you two adding in the dash of harsh, cold reality! :lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Feb 2023 19:18

Mid Sussex Royal It doesn't look good at the bottom with the extra we've played, we're relying on Leicester to continue being poor now.

I can't see us staying up. Leicester will pull it off. We are just so poor in front of goal.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Feb 2023 19:51

Ascotexgunner

I can't see us staying up. Leicester will pull it off. We are just so poor in front of goal.

To be fair, we’re pretty deadly from 0-2 or 0-3 down…just a shame we can only ever get within one…

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 05 Feb 2023 19:53

RoyalBlue
Kitsondinho

Oh, cheers guys. My Sunday was bad enough already without you two adding in the dash of harsh, cold reality! :lol:

I think we’ll stay up just, but only because I can’t see Leicester winning too many of their remaining games. However, if we do stay up this year, next season we’ll be odds on to go down without some major squad surgery!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Feb 2023 21:49

Gotta hope that another non-£remiership sponsored team doesn’t come up to join us, I guess

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 06 Feb 2023 13:38

Let's hope they discover some major irregularities with the way Man City have funded their big spending women's team too!

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Feb 2023 15:17

chambers out

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 06 Feb 2023 16:10

Back in September, I was travelling down the M6 the same day as the RFC Ladies team had been playing at Man Utd, and I was in Stafford Services when their coach pulled in.

Until that point I'd always assumed that the women's game was a lower-cost version of the men's game, and that the players essentially stuck to the same training, exercise and diet regimes as the men as far as possible. Not trying to make any judgements here, but seeing the way the team almost all without exception piled into MacDonald's that day brought the differences home to me.

No criticism of anyone, and it's absolutely their right to eat what they like, but to see a professional football team eating in a motorway McDonald's really did surprise me.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 09 Feb 2023 21:24

Bought tickets for the FA Cup 5th Round game. 6 tickets @ £28 in total. £1.75 PER TICKET booking fee!! Thank you Spurs for making me pay £10.50 for the chance to print my own tickets!! :twisted: :twisted:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 10 Feb 2023 08:35

Kitsondinho Bought tickets for the FA Cup 5th Round game. 6 tickets @ £28 in total. £1.75 PER TICKET booking fee!! Thank you Spurs for making me pay £10.50 for the chance to print my own tickets!! :twisted: :twisted:

Spurs say 2pm KO- Reading and the FA say 12 noon KO - no doubt you will find out before the day :)

1862 posts