Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by Royals and Racers » 23 Feb 2021 15:49

Brooke Chaplen has signed a contract extension to stay with the club until June 2022

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2021 16:11

Royals and Racers Brooke Chaplen has signed a contract extension to stay with the club until June 2022

That's a vote of confidence and sign of commitment from the club, given she has still not fully recovered from her virus and is not back in full training.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 24 Feb 2021 12:00

Reading’s away game at Bristol City has been put back a day to Monday March 8th KO 8.15pm live on BT Sport. The match has been switched to Ashton Gate as well.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 24 Feb 2021 22:41

It`s been reported today that Angharad James has agreed a move to North Carolina Courage.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 25 Feb 2021 14:52

Royals and Racers It`s been reported today that Angharad James has agreed a move to North Carolina Courage.

Nowadays, such is the strength and ever-growing reputation of the FAWSL1 and Reading's position in it, that it can be questioned how great a move this is for her.

That having been said, I believe North Carolina Courage are considered favourites for the NWSL title this year.

Their average attendance was 5,875 in 2019, although their stadium is nothing compared to the Mad Stad!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Feb 2021 12:34

The FA seem to have got upset with WSL team Birmingham for not ensuring they are able to play on pitches that are fit to play on, so they have instructed them to play a home match tomorrow at St Georges Park Burton-on-Trent - start time of 2pm. Birmingham play Man City.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 28 Feb 2021 13:54

Royals and Racers The FA seem to have got upset with WSL team Birmingham for not ensuring they are able to play on pitches that are fit to play on, so they have instructed them to play a home match tomorrow at St Georges Park Burton-on-Trent - start time of 2pm. Birmingham play Man City.

I'm glad that the FA have picked up and acted on this, as suitable high quality match facilities were one of the criteria that needed to be satisfied for eligibility for the FAWSL.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Mar 2021 16:18

The Womens FA cup is restarting soon and the Royals have got a home tie in the 4th round on Sunday April 18th when we play Tottenham KO 2pm
full draw
1 Leicester City Women FC v Liverpool FC Women
2 Middlesbrough Women FC v Sheffield United Women FC
or Hull City Ladies or Stoke City LFC
or Wem Town Ladies FC
3 Birmingham City Women FC v Coventry United WFC
4 Burnley FC Women v Manchester United Women FC
or Fylde Ladies FC
or Sunderland AFC Ladies
or Sheffield FC Women
5 Everton FC Women v Durham Women FC
6 Manchester City Women FC v Aston Villa Women FC
7 Watford FC Women v Blackburn Rovers LFC
or MK Dons FC Women
or Wolverhampton Wanderers WFC
or Nottingham Forest Women FC
8 Huddersfield Town WFC v West Bromwich Albion Women FC or Lincoln City Women FC
or Brighouse Town Women FC or Loughborough Foxes Women FC
or Newcastle United Women FC or Derby County FC Women
9 Reading FC Women v Tottenham Hotspur FC Women
10 Cardiff City LFC v Charlton Athletic Women FC
or Oxford United Women FC
or Billericay Town LFC
or Ipswich Town LFC
11 Arsenal Women FC v Portsmouth FC Women or Cheltenham Town LFC
or Crawley Wasps LFC or Gillingham FC Ladies
12 Chelsea FC Women v London City Lionesses LFC
13 Lewes FC Women v Southampton FC Women or Plymouth Argyle LFC
or Keynsham Town LFC or Yeovil United Women FC
14 Brighton & Hove Albion Women FC v Bristol City Women FC
15 West Ham United Women FC v Hounslow Women FC or Leyton Orient WFC
or Chichester & Selsey Ladies FC
or Kent Football United LFC or Enfield Town LFC
16 Crystal Palace LFC v London Bees WFC

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Mar 2021 18:04

Royals and Racers Reading’s away game at Bristol City has been put back a day to Monday March 8th KO 8.15pm live on BT Sport. The match has been switched to Ashton Gate as well.

Just a reminder live on BT Sport 1 at 8.15pm tomorrow

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Mar 2021 19:30

Fara Williams back tonight- Jess Fishlock on bench.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Mar 2021 20:29

City 0 Royals 1 12 mins Harries(1st goal for the club)
1-1 23 mins
HT 1-1
City 2 Royals 1 57 mins
2-2 72 mins Rowe
City 3 royals 2 78 mins
90 mins Rowe sent off
FT 3-2

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2021 22:11

Shocking performance by players and management. So wasteful of chances created (22 shots, 7 on target), as has been the case for most of the past two seasons. Sloppy defending and passing. Poor team selection (why the hell was Fishlock not in the starting line up?) and even worse substitutions, characterised by bringing on a defender to play her up front. Far too many times this season we have snatched draws or losses from the jaws of victory. Unacceptable given the strength of the squad and were it not for Kelly Chambers' previous fantastic contributions to the club, I suspect her position might be under review.

Only Bristol's second win of the season (they'd only scored 10 goals and added another 3 tonight!) and the first time they've beaten us in the WSL.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Mar 2021 00:52

RoyalBlue Shocking performance by players and management. So wasteful of chances created (22 shots, 7 on target), as has been the case for most of the past two seasons. Sloppy defending and passing. Poor team selection (why the hell was Fishlock not in the starting line up?) and even worse substitutions, characterised by bringing on a defender to play her up front. Far too many times this season we have snatched draws or losses from the jaws of victory. Unacceptable given the strength of the squad and were it not for Kelly Chambers' previous fantastic contributions to the club, I suspect her position might be under review.

Only Bristol's second win of the season (they'd only scored 10 goals and added another 3 tonight!) and the first time they've beaten us in the WSL.

I recall they were incredibly wasteful in the 1-1 earlier in the season as well.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 09 Mar 2021 01:41

Yes that’s right arguably the worst result in the history of Reading ladies. I have said before that squad should be top five a massive underachieving. It’s time for a change, 4 points dropped to the bottom team just is not acceptable.
It’s time for a change for some reason Kelly Chambers is unsackable. And that is a common case in the ladies game. It’s professional now cost the club’s millions especially this lockdown season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 09 Mar 2021 13:56

From Despair To Where? I'd be surprised if the Women's team cost more than £1m a year to run. Fara Williams may, as a top earner, be on something like £30,000-40,000 a year, Kelly Chambers maybe something similar but there's only about 20 players in the squad and I doubt there's many earning more than £20,000 a year.

I was just going to say something very similar.

At end of 2019 it was said that Arsenal's women's set up was costing £2.5M per year to run. They really are in a totally different league from Reading in terms of size of club, squad, number and level of star players, transfer fees and wages.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Mar 2021 13:05

The Royals are at home to Tottenham in a WSL fixture this Sunday (14th) KO 12.30pm. Match is at the Madejski stadium and is live on the FA player.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Mar 2021 16:43

Reading`s away WSL game at Man City is now on the BBC red button on Saturday March 27th KO 5.30pm

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Mar 2021 11:51

RoyalBlue
From Despair To Where? I'd be surprised if the Women's team cost more than £1m a year to run. Fara Williams may, as a top earner, be on something like £30,000-40,000 a year, Kelly Chambers maybe something similar but there's only about 20 players in the squad and I doubt there's many earning more than £20,000 a year.

I was just going to say something very similar.

At end of 2019 it was said that Arsenal's women's set up was costing £2.5M per year to run. They really are in a totally different league from Reading in terms of size of club, squad, number and level of star players, transfer fees and wages.

And with United and Spurs joining the party in bankrolling their women's teams, I can envisage Top 5 becoming something of a closed shop.

In fairness, results have been disappointing but Top 6 is still a reasonable achievement for a club with Reading's budget relative to other sides in the league.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Mar 2021 11:56

I wonder if the women's team might benefit from a bit of a Premier League bankrolling if we were to get promoted. Maybe not the extent of the established Premier League sides but certainly comparably larger than their current budget.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Mar 2021 12:11

The average wage in the WSL is now apparently £25,000 a year.

Reading have 22 players which would place the wage bill somewhere in the region of half a million.

However, I suspect Reading's average wage is below the league average, especially when you consider that Sam Kerr reportedly earns £20,000 a week at Chelsea and there are numerous players at Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Spurs who earn 3+ times the league average.

1862 posts