MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by a christmas sized helping of apathy

marlowuk

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by a christmas sized helping of apathy

by marlowuk » 26 Dec 2017 16:05

McCleary and Kermit on for Bacuna and Bod.

double d

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by a christmas sized helping of apathy

by double d » 26 Dec 2017 16:06

Remember that time on this day 11 years ago we played away to Wolves and Convey and Kitson scored and we won 2-0. Away. Against Wolves.

We got 106 points. We scored 99 goals. We lost twice.

Wtaf happened.

SIGH.
Last edited by double d on 26 Dec 2017 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 26 Dec 2017 16:06

Cardiff losing 3 - 1 to Fulham so Bristol City are up to 3rd atm

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Dec 2017 16:08

Sounds much better overall and they held out for a lot longer than expected

At least they’ve given a half decent account of thrmselves.

Acid test eill be what happens at Barnsley given the terrible form that team are in currently. Lose that and Birmingham is an absolute must win for Stam

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Dec 2017 16:09

double d Remember that time on this day 11 years ago we played away to Wolves and Convey and Kitson scored and we won 2-0. Away. Against Wolves.

We got 106 points. We scored 99 goals. We lost twice.

Wtaf happened.

SIGH.

Coppell and Madejski failed to invest in the team, thats what happened

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Dec 2017 16:19

Predictable result, first was a good goal. Sounds like one of those games that when it’s going for you, you win

Playing the two teams on worst form in the division up next so really so need to get ourselves a couple of wins

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2017 16:26

Didn't think we were horrendous and didn't think Bristol were much good either. Saying that we did very little. Thought McCleary looked a different class when he came on. Bacuna had another shcoker!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Dec 2017 16:47

Yeah whatever. We lost. Yet again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Dec 2017 16:58

Well the season is a complete write off. Done. And bar a couple of games it’s been awful. The next 20 odd games just going to be a chore and not esp confident of getting through in the FA Cup

TBH don’t really care that much who is in charge at the moment. No real feelings towards Stam one way or another now. Not esp enthusiastic about sacking him and getting a new bloke in either

What a load of bollox all round

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Dec 2017 17:00

leon Yeah whatever. We lost. Yet again.

Lol yep. People saying "so and so did better here" or " wasn't as bad as..", but who cares? We've found yet another way to lose. We concede at least two every game and rarely score. Crap team that needs major changes.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Dec 2017 17:15

Just the 4 clean sheets in 24 games, managed by one of the best defenders this country has ever seen that is quite staggering.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2017 17:18

windermereROYAL Just the 4 clean sheets in 24 games, managed by one of the best defenders this country has ever seen that is quite staggering.

Not really when you consider the suicidal manner we play. The number of times today alone Bacuna/Van Der Berg or others played suicidal balls that at best would have accomplished nothing was staggering.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Dec 2017 17:21

FiNeRaIn
leon Yeah whatever. We lost. Yet again.

Lol yep. People saying "so and so did better here" or " wasn't as bad as..", but who cares? We've found yet another way to lose. We concede at least two every game and rarely score. Crap team that needs major changes.

Yeah I don't get that attitude either. It suggests we are some sort of lower league team punching above our weight.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Dec 2017 17:42

Yep. We've spent supposedly 18 million on transfer this summer after finishing 3rd last season and we are languishing joint 18th in the division. There are no excuses with that kind of money spent and only a few injuries, we are not depleted. Its just utterly abysmal from the players and Stam and its time for a change. Its a shame Pulis is going to Boro, we need that kind of organization from the back instead of this dross.

double d

by double d » 26 Dec 2017 17:44

At least i get lots of weekends back now that i know we are going to do f all so i wont bother going. Why bother.

yuomi

by yuomi » 26 Dec 2017 17:54

FiNeRaIn Yep. We've spent supposedly 18 million on transfer this summer after finishing 3rd last season and we are languishing joint 18th in the division. There are no excuses with that kind of money spent and only a few injuries, we are not depleted. Its just utterly abysmal from the players and Stam and its time for a change. Its a shame Pulis is going to Boro, we need that kind of organization from the back instead of this dross.

I would agree with this except for the 'few injuries' park. The lack of transparency from the club over the continual appearance and disappearance of players presumably owing to injuries is almost as baffling as the regularity with which these injuries occur. It's comical how consistently players have returned from the summer carrying knocks. picked up knocks, scrapes and niggles and generally taken away from JS's ability to choose or field a consistent 1st XI. Not, I think, that it would have made much difference you understand, but the rate of injuries merits an explanation from the club (I won't hold my breath...).

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2017 18:00

yuomi
FiNeRaIn Yep. We've spent supposedly 18 million on transfer this summer after finishing 3rd last season and we are languishing joint 18th in the division. There are no excuses with that kind of money spent and only a few injuries, we are not depleted. Its just utterly abysmal from the players and Stam and its time for a change. Its a shame Pulis is going to Boro, we need that kind of organization from the back instead of this dross.

I would agree with this except for the 'few injuries' park. The lack of transparency from the club over the continual appearance and disappearance of players presumably owing to injuries is almost as baffling as the regularity with which these injuries occur. It's comical how consistently players have returned from the summer carrying knocks. picked up knocks, scrapes and niggles and generally taken away from JS's ability to choose or field a consistent 1st XI. Not, I think, that it would have made much difference you understand, but the rate of injuries merits an explanation from the club (I won't hold my breath...).

The whole of preseason was an absolute shambles. Someone needs shooting over it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Dec 2017 18:07

I mean that’s going a bit over the top

Berry

by Berry » 26 Dec 2017 18:34

Well that was interesting....Paid £32 for a ticket and sat in the Bristol City end, had to listen and watch endless clips of their World Cup win over Manure and then the real treat came....A shambles from the start of the second half to the finish....As far as I could see the formation ended 3-1-6 with JVB playing as CB/Playmaker....Utterly bizarre

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2017 19:53

Berry Well that was interesting....Paid £32 for a ticket and sat in the Bristol City end, had to listen and watch endless clips of their World Cup win over Manure and then the real treat came....A shambles from the start of the second half to the finish....As far as I could see the formation ended 3-1-6 with JVB playing as CB/Playmaker....Utterly bizarre

Really what were you expecting?