Back from the shambles - Brum

179 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the shambles - Brum

by windermereROYAL » 02 Jan 2018 22:57

Silly me for expecting us to win. :shock: it was our fault all along. and there was us blaming the manager.

Stam on the fans' booing at full time: "You need to ask the fans what they expect because I don't know. They are entitled to react how they want but this is it. It doesn't make it easier for us and the team to perform

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2018 22:58

WoodleyRoyal
double d
WoodleyRoyal
Oh fab can't wait m, I'll be sure to keep pressing f5 awaiting your comments tomorrow then....they are usually so insightful :roll:

Honestly gnome [sic] do you think we hang on your every word ffs? Do me a favour you mahoosive punt :|

That was needLess. I think you may be a tad drunk. I am one of many who likes genomes insights.

And here is the village idiot mashing the keyboard with his head wand. You can oxf*rd off and all you social retard

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:00

you do like a giff genome... when all else fails... ITS GIFF TIME :D

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 02 Jan 2018 23:00

John Madejski's Wallet I stayed to the end...... so many others were leaving I just figured I'd have a better chance of getting out of the car park if I stayed till the end

Above anything about this shitty game I’m genuinely interested to hear how this played out?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:01

genome
WoodleyRoyal
double d
That was needLess. I think you may be a tad drunk. I am one of many who likes genomes insights.

And here is the village idiot mashing the keyboard with his head wand. You can oxf*rd off and all you social retard

:| good one

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jan 2018 23:07

Just a quick word. I liked Pele Clement today. There were glimpses of what he's capable of but I was shocked by how unconfident he could be on the ball. In one instance therer was a lovely piece of skill where he ran in the area, the ball came in, he controlled it on his chest and then I expected him to unload the volley., but instead he tried to pass.
If this rot is now top to bottom we really are now staring League 1 in the face.
The CEO backed Stam before the game and said he's going nowhere on the radio. That indicates either both could get the bullet or we put with this situation longer.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2018 23:09

WoodleyRoyal
genome
WoodleyRoyal

You snap at me needlessly, you get a shit jpeg. It's the most you deserve.

Anyway, let's have some of your cracking insights instead of a shitty attitude?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Jan 2018 23:10

I'm officially on the fence at this point but I won't be shedding a tear if Stam does get the sack over this result, wish I'd stayed at home.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:11

genome
WoodleyRoyal
genome

You snap at me needlessly, you get a shit jpeg. It's the most you deserve.

Anyway, let's have some of your cracking insights instead of a shitty attitude?

go on Twitter genome, you'll get lots of insight :D

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Jan 2018 23:11

Scutterbucketz
John Madejski's Wallet I stayed to the end...... so many others were leaving I just figured I'd have a better chance of getting out of the car park if I stayed till the end

Above anything about this shitty game I’m genuinely interested to hear how this played out?

Very well actually 8)

Though tbf it's not like there were many cars in the dog track anyway....
Last edited by John Madejski's Wallet on 02 Jan 2018 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Jan 2018 23:12

Ascotexgunner Just a quick word. I liked Pele Clement today. There were glimpses of what he's capable of but I was shocked by how unconfident he could be on the ball. In one instance therer was a lovely piece of skill where he ran in the area, the ball came in, he controlled it on his chest and then I expected him to unload the volley., but instead he tried to pass.
If this rot is now top to bottom we really are now staring League 1 in the face.
The CEO backed Stam before the game and said he's going nowhere on the radio. That indicates either both could get the bullet or we put with this situation longer.

Why didn't he just shoot into the far corner? So annoying. Showed a few glimpses but not sure he's mentally strong enough based on bits like that. No real end product like most of them.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2018 23:13

Anyway, can we talk about how fcuking hilarious it was when Gunter thundered that ball into the Brum player's bollocks?

It was probably the best thing I've seen all season.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Jan 2018 23:15

A word about Swift, the man is so piss weak it's embarrassing. Shown perfectly when he lost it for the second goal, and when he half slid in to a tackle so weakly no one could believe he actually got injured

He just can't stand up against strong teams, which sadly is most of the championsip

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Jan 2018 23:18

John Madejski's Wallet A word about Swift, the man is so piss weak it's embarrassing. Shown perfectly when he lost it for the second goal, and when he half slid in to a tackle so weakly no one could believe he actually got injured

He just can't stand up against strong teams, which sadly is most of the championsip

He's really overrated, he's got a nice touchb and can move about ok but he never stays in games long enough to make much of an impression and since he's stopped scoring you'd be forgiven for thinking he's not on the pitch at times. Looked a real prospect last season and now I think he's one of those we'll probably see tailing off to league one.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Jan 2018 23:21

Royal With Cheese
double d Turning point in our season somehow seems to be when Steven Reid left. I don't know what he did behind the scenes or what his relationship was like with the players but they have just seemed to stop playing for Stam since he has gone, and everything has seemed to go to shit.

He left just before the start of the season didn't he? Interesting point.

Yeah, and what’s Reid done since?

Oh...

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 02 Jan 2018 23:35

:lol:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 02 Jan 2018 23:44

Uke
Royal With Cheese
double d Turning point in our season somehow seems to be when Steven Reid left. I don't know what he did behind the scenes or what his relationship was like with the players but they have just seemed to stop playing for Stam since he has gone, and everything has seemed to go to shit.

He left just before the start of the season didn't he? Interesting point.

Yeah, and what’s Reid done since?

Oh...

Said it when he left.... and got shot down

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Jan 2018 00:11

tidus_mi2 I'm officially on the fence at this point but I won't be shedding a tear if Stam does get the sack over this result, wish I'd stayed at home.

+1

alfie9

by alfie9 » 03 Jan 2018 00:14

Mannone: 5- seems like a nice enough guy but I miss Ali

Bacuna: 5- wasted at right back

McShane: 1- would struggle to get into a league 1 side at the moment, sorry pal

Moore: 2- overrated, I'd say cash in but then our defense would be well and truly pfucked

Gunter: 5- not mush he can do from left back, no major mistakes

VDB: 1- pfuck off

Swift: 2- weak as piss

Clement: 4- clearly has talent but no confidence in himself

Aluko: 1- pfuck off

Barrow: 4- doesn't seem to trust his teammates anymore, but isn't good enough to win games on his own

Kermie: 1- injury's crocked him, bet he wishes he never signed the contract extension

Blackett: 3- doesn't deserve all the abuse

McCleary: 1- needs a fresh start with a new manager, whether that's here or with another club

Kelly: 3- looked like he cared for a few minutes then started aimlessly passing it sideways

Stam: 0- Beat Stevenage and Hull or pfuck off

JR

by JR » 03 Jan 2018 00:21

As football fans we are typically fickle and tend to overreact based on match results, despite there being very fine margins between victory and defeat at this level.

Tonight we played very well for the first quarter of the match - some good movement, innovative through balls and a number of chances created - finish one of these opportunities and it could easily have been a comfortable 3-0 win.

But unfortunately we are in a rut where we are punished for silly individual mistakes and are low in confidence which then leads to the struggles we saw in the second half.

My biggest frustration is a lack of flexibility on the formation / style when things aren't going our way - Stam suggested the players need to show a bit more intelligence to react in matches and I agree with him.

Ultimately we need to decide if we back the Stam project - and accept that may take a few seasons to get right - patience is rare in football these days, but I think we will reap the rewards if the club back Jaap, go against the ugly knee jerk trend of modern football and allow him the opportunity to turn this around and build for 2018/19.

179 posts