MATCHWATCH : Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) sponsored by Sammy Chung

286 posts
paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) sponsored by Sammy Chung

by paddy20 » 13 Mar 2018 22:34

Its his job to ensure the players do what he wants. If they don't then its his failing either in communication or motivation. My view is that the players are scared of him and his assistant

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 13 Mar 2018 22:42

Pathetic, we could have fielded 11 dogs tonight and they'd probably show more passion and maybe have a shot too!

This club is sinking into a very dangerous and toxic losing habit, soon we will be following Sunderland's model into League 1 and worse.

If he is not gone by the QPR game and we haven't turned it around, with the game being live on Sky I would suggest Stam banners out and protest. If the owners are not at the game then they will surely be watching from elsewhere. I will most likely be met with the "he's here till the end of the season deal with it" comments from people but I am done with watching loss after loss and I'd like to think the owners of this club would be too along with the fans.

As Claude from Arsenal TV would say - "ITS TIME TO GO"

Gourlay Out
Tevreden Out
Stam Out

Time for this club's supporters to make a stand, don't let your club carry on like this. All those foundations that have been built over the last 15 or so years are about to be destroyed mainly thanks to the 3 clueless idiots above.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Mar 2018 22:42

Snowflake Royal
strap
Snowflake Royal

There's simply no way that's true.

Like a bet mate?

Well, for a start we don't release transfer fee details so you're only going on media speculation. Secondly, it's blatantly only based on transfer fees, which are a comparatively small slice of the overall club spending compared to wages. Thirdly, even if it is true, it's meaningless because of the absolutely ludicrous levels of inflation in football spending. And fourthly, comparative net spending can only be a single factor to consider, not the main one.

You're only saying he's the worst because he's the one you're experiencing now. If this season was ten years ago and had finished in relegation and we were currently experiencing Rodgers' efforts instead, you'd be frothing at the mouth saying he was the worst manager ever right this second.

Sorry SR, was typing lucid answer and computer crashed (probably out of shock!) Haha sign of the times.

Anyway, the giste of what I was saying was that I didn't quite get your argument because at the time of their tenure, yes, I did think they were the worst managers we had ever had at the time. Brenda taking over Bullivant's mantle. And Stam has now taken over Brenda's mantle, so, (in my opinion - based on player expenditure and the woeful "football" served up on a weekly basis), Stam is without doubt our worst ever manager. Having "experienced" all our managers from Jack Mansell onwards, there are none that compare with the current incumbent, and at the time none that compared with Bullivant or Brenda.

I still don't follow your argument about Brenda being our manager now and Stam's tenure being 10 years ago, but comparing the fare served up when they were actually at the club, it is clear to me Stam is the worst, followed by Brenda followed by Bullivant.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 13 Mar 2018 22:43

Reasons we are where we are:

1 no transfer policy or forward plans laid out by new owners

2 general hide and seek and mismanagement from new owners culminating in the this still have a controlling interest

3 pre season shambles, late arranged games in Holland and stam showing no signs of developing his passing game into something cohesive despite warnings being spanked away from home last season.

4 A director of football losing the plot,feeding on scraps and cosying up with agents aligned to management

5 A marquee signing in aluko so utterly ill conceived and abysmally underwhelming and a collect of rag tag championship players (Edwards, manone, bacuna for example) who have known nothing but a losing mentality in their previous clubs

6 see DOF- a shocking handing out of new contracts like sweets to the likes of mcleary;joey vdb;kermogant;swift (a massive long contract and form had dived).

Rax

by Rax » 13 Mar 2018 22:50

Oh, Brian McDermott, what have we done!

The writing was on the wall when Hammond got the WBA job, in comes BT with new ideas and a big name Dutch coach.

Add in Ron Gormless and we really do reap what we sow :evil:

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 13 Mar 2018 22:52

genome
Hound
strap
Yes that old get out of jail argument. None so blind etc.

The overall total spent is in the accounts. We spent 15.5m from 1st July until now

Doesn’t give the breakdown but think we can make a pretty accurate guess

I thought the accounts only showed up to June 30, wasn't sure if it included the rest of the transfer window

only till 30/6/17

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Mar 2018 00:21

holsgrove breaks a leg Reasons we are where we are:

2 general hide and seek and mismanagement from new owners culminating in the this still have a controlling interest

3 pre season shambles, late arranged games in Holland and stam showing no signs of developing his passing game into something cohesive despite warnings being spanked away from home last season.

4 A director of football losing the plot,feeding on scraps and cosying up with agents aligned to management

5 A marquee signing in aluko so utterly ill conceived and abysmally underwhelming and a collect of rag tag championship players (Edwards, manone, bacuna for example) who have known nothing but a losing mentality in their previous clubs

6 see DOF- a shocking handing out of new contracts like sweets to the likes of mcleary;joey vdb;kermogant;swift (a massive long contract and form had dived).

You can sum it up a bit easier than that .The reason we are having a bad season is because we don't have a left back or striker. It's lead to a lack of stability in the team and a losing mentality. The squad isn't that bad - it's just not good enough to cope with the injuries and individual drops in form we've had. Stam doesn't have the experience to deal with the situation - he's just going along expecting to get fired but it never happens.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 14 Mar 2018 06:57

Reading Won’t go down

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2018 07:46

Elm Park Kid
holsgrove breaks a leg Reasons we are where we are:

You can sum it up a bit easier than that .The reason we are having a bad season is because we don't have a left back or striker. It's lead to a lack of stability in the team and a losing mentality. The squad isn't that bad - it's just not good enough to cope with the injuries and individual drops in form we've had. Stam doesn't have the experience to deal with the situation - he's just going along expecting to get fired but it never happens.

Thing is, we do have a striker with a very healthy strike rate, but he keeps getting dropped for ones who don't score.

There's no way we'd be where we are now if Stam had picked the side properly and consistently in the first couple of months. That early period of confusion and silly individual errors put us on the back foot and shot our confidence to pieces giving what we have now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Mar 2018 08:19

I have absolutelty no issue losing to the Championship winners away from home, none at all.

I have a huge issue with setting out a team to not even try and win a game or be positive. It is not what this club is about and an insult to the supporters who went to the game last night.

Jaap Stam and his weak minded, fragile players are completely killing the club.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Mar 2018 08:30

Top of the league dicks a side that is hoping to avoid relegation shocker. You could see that they clearly targeted Blackett down the left. He just wasn't up for the challenge, didn't even look interested.
We are lacking a leader out on the pitch. We need some one to take charge of organising the team during the game. So many times players are caught ball watching not knowing what to do.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2018 10:06

Coppells Lost Coat Top of the league dicks a side that is hoping to avoid relegation shocker. You could see that they clearly targeted Blackett down the left. He just wasn't up for the challenge, didn't even look interested.
We are lacking a leader out on the pitch. We need some one to take charge of organising the team during the game. So many times players are caught ball watching not knowing what to do.

There's no leadership at all.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 10:12

I'm pinning my hopes on Elphick being back after Norwich and forming a partnership with Moore.

We are pathetically lacking in leadership currently. Gunter just shouts at referees a lot, Moore seems to be busy doing his best to firefight the latest cock up, whilst the midfield are very soft. Williams has been a bigger loss than I expected in there, not that he was consistently brilliant, but at least put himself about a bit

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 10:19

Yeah, I do get the feeling Moore spends half his time wondering what the fcuk he's got himself into

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2018 10:20

Hound I'm pinning my hopes on Elphick being back after Norwich and forming a partnership with Moore.

We are pathetically lacking in leadership currently. Gunter just shouts at referees a lot, Moore seems to be busy doing his best to firefight the latest cock up, whilst the midfield are very soft. Williams has been a bigger loss than I expected in there, not that he was consistently brilliant, but at least put himself about a bit

Hmmm - yes also Williams was an outlet in midfield. He'd pick the ball up and drive forward (and get tackled) but at least it would put the opposition on the back foot for a bit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 10:22

Did anyone see the SS Highlights? There's one in there where a Wolves player beats the offside trap, and Ilori just walks back into our area after him, even when the ball stays alive.

Its as bizarre as it is awful.

Lolz at showing Aluko's shot just to give us a 'highlight' as well

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 10:23

leon
Hound I'm pinning my hopes on Elphick being back after Norwich and forming a partnership with Moore.

Hmmm - yes also Williams was an outlet in midfield. He'd pick the ball up and drive forward (and get tackled) but at least it would put the opposition on the back foot for a bit.

Also always used to get the crowd going a bit when he did it. Now we pick up the ball and kill the momentum again by looking for a 'safe' ball

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 10:28

5 clean sheets all season.

Jesus!

Last season we had 17.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 10:33

The defence has completely gone this season. I know we had the thrashings last year, but there were other games when we were exceptional defensively - esp in the play offs.

I think of all the sticks to beat Stam with, the absolute regression of the back 4/5 is the biggest. Obita is obvs a good player, but losing just him shouldn't have resulted in such a complete melt down of the basics of defending. I was fully expecting us to be rock solid at the back this year but we are instead an absolute comedy

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2018 10:40

Hound Did anyone see the SS Highlights? There's one in there where a Wolves player beats the offside trap, and Ilori just walks back into our area after him, even when the ball stays alive.

Its as bizarre as it is awful.

Lolz at showing Aluko's shot just to give us a 'highlight' as well

Yes - saw the goals last night. They've given up. We've been on a massive downward spiral since the play off final.

Stam failed to bring in any character or leadership in and failed to instil any in the team.

I think we should have replaced him before Xmas. All it will take is Burton to realise they actually have a chance and give it a bloody good go and we're fcuked. I can't see us winning another game. I hope we do. Just like I hoped we'd get 6 points from Bolton and Leeds.

286 posts