MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

249 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 22:10

CountryRoyal
Hound Stam is an incredibly lucky man if he is still in a job tomorrow, though I’ve no doubt he will be

In this current climate it is truly remarkable how he hasn't been fired. Absolutely staggering.

1 win in 15, crowd dropping to unheard of levels, terrible football on offer, big money signings either benched or playing about as well as I could if you gave me a pair of boots

Genuinely wonder who is deciding this is acceptable

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by Cureton's Volley » 06 Mar 2018 22:11

Those blaming the ref :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 22:11

Ascotexgunner
leon What was the attendance like?

Says 8631 above.....can't blame the weather on this one.

Nope indeed - take back what I said after Sheff Utd. Didn’t look much fuller to be honest

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Mar 2018 22:11

One word to sum up that second half.

Toothless. I can’t remember a Reading side who looked quite so unthreatening.

We are lucky we didn’t lose and somehow we’ve managed to gain a point on the other sides.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 22:13

Cureton's Volley Those blaming the ref :lol:

To be clear, the ref was shit - basically seemed to toss a coin on every decision

Was by no means to blame for our rubbish performance and didn’t look like a pen on Barrow to me though

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2018 22:13

Under 9000 people?

That is ridiculous. Someone at the club must be asking wtf is going on?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 06 Mar 2018 22:19

leon Under 9000 people?

I think Parky, Jem & Alf were thinking WTF happened here since I left....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 22:20

Cureton's Volley
leon Under 9000 people?

I think they probably knew by the end of the match tbf

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Mar 2018 22:22

CountryRoyal
Longhorn1970 8631 attendance, that's a lot unentertained people ..

It's this that is really worrying and why we must avoid relegation. I joke that I wouldn't mind a season in League One, some different away days and a chance to win some matches, but there is a very real possibility we could fall further away.

Absolutely extraordinary turnaround which can only be explained by total mismanagement of the club. I read that we're now operating at a loss as well, it's utter chaos ..

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Mar 2018 22:24

leon Under 9000 people?

Gourlay needs to step up to the plate and earn his bumper salary ..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Mar 2018 22:27

Hound
CountryRoyal
Hound Stam is an incredibly lucky man if he is still in a job tomorrow, though I’ve no doubt he will be

In this current climate it is truly remarkable how he hasn't been fired. Absolutely staggering.

1 win in 15, crowd dropping to unheard of levels, terrible football on offer, big money signings either benched or playing about as well as I could if you gave me a pair of boots

Genuinely wonder who is deciding this is acceptable

He won’t go.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 06 Mar 2018 22:29

Hound
Cureton's Volley
leon Under 9000 people?

I think they probably knew by the end of the match tbf

Too true.

To say these 3 wouldn't improve us would be ridiculous. And yet, over the last x years you* mongs have been saying we need to modernise "our philosophy" to get promoted and push on for Europe :lol:

*the many who have been

warrpp

by warrpp » 06 Mar 2018 22:29

We have been s**t at home all season yet we have had an average of 13-14k home fans per game.

For the last 2 home games we've had 8-9k fans, after having roughly 14k home fans for the derby game ?

So why have those fans decided now is the time to stop coming to games, and why in such large numbers ?
Last edited by warrpp on 06 Mar 2018 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2018 22:31

CountryRoyal
FiNeRaIn
NewCorkSeth How far we have fallen.

Yep but thats not the convo anymore unfortunately. We are a terrible team with an unblanced squad and a clueless manager, not to mention our shambolic staff off the pitch. It will be a great result if we avoid relegation this season but we might not be so lucky next year unless we make big changes.

My worry is that Stam will still be here next season. :shock:

If Stam is still Reading manager by October 31st, we're either top 7 of League One, or Top 14 of the Championship. Either way it'd mean a drastic improvement and actually winning games.

It's getting to the point there's no point sacking him until the end of the season now anyway. By the time we panic recruited someone unlikely to do a good job, the season would be virtually over and there'd be no time to have an impact.

Hopefully stay up, have a holiday, draw a line under it, get a proper pre-season, shift that waster Aluko and the other dross and sign a maximum of 5 first team contenders and start next season with a positive, assertive direction, playing a consistent XI in a consistent shape with a consistent style that isn't passive.

Meanwhile, in reality. :cry:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2018 22:33

genome One word to sum up that second half.

We are lucky we didn’t lose and somehow we’ve managed to gain a point on the other sides.

I'm pretty sure I read something almost exactly the same as this the season before Stam took over. Either that or I've just had the strongest Deja Vu of my life. :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 22:37

Just saw McCleary has broken his ankle. Prob him done for the season I presume

Possibly not a huge loss in terms of his own contribution this season but prob means we are likely stuck with the complete waste of space that is Aluko for the next 11 games

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 06 Mar 2018 22:39

warrpp We have been s**t at home all season yet we have had an average of 13-14k home fans per game.

For the last 2 home games we've had 8-9k fans, after having roughly 14k home fans for the derby game ?

So why have those fans decided now is the time to stop coming to games, and why in such large numbers ?

This might have been answered elsewhere but has RFC gone back to reporting the actual attendance, rather than tickets sold as it has done for the last few years? Seems unlikely mid-season but there were some games earlier this season where the stadium looked incredibly empty yet the reported figure was 15k or something.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 06 Mar 2018 22:41

Reminder that Popa was loaned out in January while Aluko plays every game

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Mar 2018 22:44

Snowflake Royal
genome One word to sum up that second half.

I'm pretty sure I read something almost exactly the same as this the season before Stam took over. Either that or I've just had the strongest Deja Vu of my life. :shock:

It feels worse than McDermott 2.0.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2018 22:44

Hound Just saw McCleary has broken his ankle. Prob him done for the season I presume

Possibly not a huge loss in terms of his own contribution this season but prob means we are likely stuck with the complete waste of space that is Aluko for the next 11 games

McCleary's now about three injuries past being good enough for us anymore unfortunately. This really should be the end of his playing days at Reading. Oh for Popa, or Meite, or Stacey or Novakovitch to give a go.

I'd rather see Gunter at right wing than Aluko again. And given my views on Gunter that's saying something!

249 posts