MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

249 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by Hoop Blah » 07 Mar 2018 08:25

leon
SCIAG
Awayawayaway
Burns

Good points (and I'm sure there are hundreds more!) but there's clearly a difference in magnitude: Stam has achieved much more as our manager than those two, and we're playing much better than we were when those two were sacked.

Are we?

I'd say we were playing infinetly better under Rodgers than Stam, and that probably goes for much of last season as well as this.

Rodgers made mistakes that cost him his job but we were a much greater attacking threat and more entertaining to watch.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by leon » 07 Mar 2018 10:39

Hoop Blah
leon
SCIAG Good points (and I'm sure there are hundreds more!) but there's clearly a difference in magnitude: Stam has achieved much more as our manager than those two, and we're playing much better than we were when those two were sacked.

Are we?

I'd say we were playing infinetly better under Rodgers than Stam, and that probably goes for much of last season as well as this.

Rodgers made mistakes that cost him his job but we were a much greater attacking threat and more entertaining to watch.

Well quite. This season I’d say was as bad if not worse than the Bullivant 98 season.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Mar 2018 10:41

Hound
CountryRoyal
Hound Stam is an incredibly lucky man if he is still in a job tomorrow, though I’ve no doubt he will be

In this current climate it is truly remarkable how he hasn't been fired. Absolutely staggering.

1 win in 15, crowd dropping to unheard of levels, terrible football on offer, big money signings either benched or playing about as well as I could if you gave me a pair of boots

Genuinely wonder who is deciding this is acceptable

At what point does it become unacceptable?

I am completely adamant we will stay up, which I can only assume the board are. If we do stay does it matter?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Mar 2018 11:56

John Smith I am completely adamant we will stay up, which I can only assume the board are. If we do stay does it matter?

Yes, in my opinion it matters.

Most people go to football to be entertained, with the caveat that your team winning is part and parcel of that entertainment. If Stam is still in charge for the rest of the season, and is kept for next season, how many fans are going to want to go and watch every week?

If they, and you, are adamant that we won't go down then perhaps now is a good time to get rid of Stam and allow the next manager (if they're available) to come in and assess the squad and the work that needs to be done over the summer during the last half a dozen or so games.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Mar 2018 12:08

double d
Mike Hunt Oh LordCKS. just saw it

Sounds like an utter bellend. One of his tweets were "I'm glad mccleary broke his ankle so I don't see him play this season and he is out of contract so leaves"

What an utter pfucking nonce.

He is an absolute idiot. Makes me laugh that he makes such comments, not just McCleary but never tags them in. Says all you need to know about him.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Mar 2018 12:35

Hoop Blah
leon
SCIAG Good points (and I'm sure there are hundreds more!) but there's clearly a difference in magnitude: Stam has achieved much more as our manager than those two, and we're playing much better than we were when those two were sacked.

Are we?

Were we? I remember games when we cheered random kicks in the direction of goal, because we were so toothless there was nothing else to cheer. We won once at home during his tenure. We won more away, because, like this season, the atmosphere in the Mad-Stad was resignation mixed with hostility.

"A shot, a shot, my kingdom for a shot"

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Mar 2018 12:42

muirinho Were we? I remember games when we cheered random kicks in the direction of goal, because we were so toothless there was nothing else to cheer. We won once at home during his tenure. We won more away, because, like this season, the atmosphere in the Mad-Stad was resignation mixed with hostility.

I'm not saying we were great, but we were much better going forward than this current side are and it was getting better, IMO, after a very slow and sticky start (one of his biggest mistakes was thinking that he had time to tinker without the pressure to get results).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2018 12:56

muirinho
Hoop Blah
leon
Are we?

Were we? I remember games when we cheered random kicks in the direction of goal, because we were so toothless there was nothing else to cheer. We won once at home during his tenure. We won more away, because, like this season, the atmosphere in the Mad-Stad was resignation mixed with hostility.

I think we were a bit less bad under Rodgers than we are now. But only because we were worse then than we were at the start of this season and he got binned before it could get to this stage.

If Rodgers had had 35 games in charge I think we'd have been rock bottom. Stam is certainly lucky there are so many shit teams this year and the players did enoughin that pre-Xmas run to give us a chance.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Mar 2018 13:54

John Smith
Hound
CountryRoyal
In this current climate it is truly remarkable how he hasn't been fired. Absolutely staggering.

1 win in 15, crowd dropping to unheard of levels, terrible football on offer, big money signings either benched or playing about as well as I could if you gave me a pair of boots

Genuinely wonder who is deciding this is acceptable

At what point does it become unacceptable?

I am completely adamant we will stay up, which I can only assume the board are. If we do stay does it matter?

It's been unacceptable for ages. It was unacceptable the moment it was evident we weren't at least remotely challenging for the top 6 after being 1 penalty kick away from the premier league last season. It was unacceptable after signing fcuking Aluko for a spunk tonne of money, our pre season was unacceptable, our style of play is unacceptable, everything is unacceptable. Stam still being in a job is unacceptable.

249 posts