Leaving Games Early...?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Leaving Games Early...?

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Apr 2022 11:25

Never left early, even in the 0-7 trainwreck when the whole stadium probably should have walked out around the time the 4th went in.

Would never give up moments like Monday for getting home a bit earlier.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Apr 2022 13:46

One for the “thank god I left early” file: the earliest I’ve ever left was the 65th minute of the home game with Brum back at the start of 2018. They had just gone 2-0 up and you could just tell there was nothing in the Reading team that day to spark anything. Plus it was the dreadful days of a rumbled Stam so there was previous.

Anyone else leave earlier than that (I know there’s bound to be some who’ve left games at half time) whether regretting it or being relieved for the right decision.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Apr 2022 13:48

Earliest I've left is when QPR scored their 4th at Loftus Road this season. 51st min.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Apr 2022 14:58

Pepe the Horseman Earliest I've left is when QPR scored their 4th at Loftus Road this season. 51st min.

I once left a game at the Madekski 10 minutes before it had kicked off. There were extenuating circumstances but to buy a ticket and not even stay until the game started must be a record....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Apr 2022 15:01

Nameless
Pepe the Horseman Earliest I've left is when QPR scored their 4th at Loftus Road this season. 51st min.

I once left a game at the Madekski 10 minutes before it had kicked off. There were extenuating circumstances but to buy a ticket and not even stay until the game started must be a record....

Ha. Did we win?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Apr 2022 15:04

Pepe the Horseman
Nameless

Ha. Did we win?

I believe we did.
I also was so late getting into the Chelsea game that I missed both keepers getting injured and had no idea Terry was in goal.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Apr 2022 17:14

I rarely leave early. Earliest I left was when we went 4-0 down to Fulham and it was 5-0 as soon as we exited the stadium.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Apr 2022 18:54

Funny the last time I left early before Fulham was Swansea, we were 3-0 down at HT and they got a pen shortly after, they scored and i was out, finished 4-1.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 20 Apr 2022 19:21

Boxing Day 2003 2-0 down at HT to the Wombles (iirc we had lost our previous 2 games by 3 goals so not on a good run. Had an assignation in Nottingham which appealed far more than another 45 minutes of the drivel I had just witnessed. Proved the right decision as a certain Jobi McAnuff scored the third in the second half.

Just looked it up and we had a decent team out

Marcus, Ivar, Murts, Adie W, Shorey
Andy Hughes, Johhny Salad, Steve Sidwell, Kev Watson, Scott Murray and Nicky Forster

Wimbledon had a few future Royals in their line up - the aforementioned McAnuff, Leigertwood and Jamie Mackie

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 Apr 2022 19:38

Left early twice...ironically both 3-0 defeats to Wigan.

First one at Elm Park after we were 0-3 down after an hour and fancied a beer in the Victory (early 90's?)

Second one more recent just before covid - the game where Moore just walked back when they were on a break and scored either Bowen/Gomes manager.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Apr 2022 19:44

@AJ

Three home 0-3s on the spin wasn’t it?

Never left early at any game other than the Burnley home play-off one…the (then young) son just wasn’t having it……nearest I actually came was back in the Brendan days (I believe) when Leroy slotted Middleboro’s second goal….I had already read my matchday programme, cover to cover, twice, and the terms conditions and small print of my Golden Gamble ticet and had already studied the hundreds of ways that I could re-tie my boot laces………..I was so fukkin bored.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Apr 2022 20:01

I like to leave early, the end of game stress gets to me.

The earliest I've left - in disgust - was a home thrashing against Wigan and away at Brum both at half time.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Apr 2022 10:41

ayjaydee Boxing Day 2003 2-0 down at HT to the Wombles (iirc we had lost our previous 2 games by 3 goals so not on a good run. Had an assignation in Nottingham which appealed far more than another 45 minutes of the drivel I had just witnessed. Proved the right decision as a certain Jobi McAnuff scored the third in the second half.

Andy Hughes, Johhny Salad, Steve Sidwell, Kev Watson, Scott Murray and Nicky Forster

Wimbledon had a few future Royals in their line up - the aforementioned McAnuff, Leigertwood and Jamie Mackie

Also left the Wimbledon game early, we baulked at 0-3 though. Is the only game I have properly left earl though.

I did see a lot of people leaving at 3-4 on Monday though, which puzzled me. We've managed to get it back from 1-4 to 3-4 in about half an hour and that is when you decide to leave, when we only need 1 more goal? Weird.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 21 Apr 2022 11:10

Have never really left early until this season (and a bit of last season). Hate doing it, but as my mates gave up their STs and I now go on my own, I really can't be fukked to sit in a car park queue on my own. Especially when the football isn't worth it

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Apr 2022 11:14

Only game I have ever left slightly early was that awful home defeat to Ipswich under Paul Clement. I left just after the 4th goal went in, I was just so disgusted. I made my point to Mr Clement as loudly as I could and went.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2022 11:22

NathStPaul Only game I have ever left slightly early was that awful home defeat to Ipswich under Paul Clement. I left just after the 4th goal went in, I was just so disgusted. I made my point to Mr Clement as loudly as I could and went.

I left after number 3. As soon as Gunter misjudged his header, I started gathering my things. Heard the 4th while I was walking around by the burger vans.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Apr 2022 11:25

genome
NathStPaul Only game I have ever left slightly early was that awful home defeat to Ipswich under Paul Clement. I left just after the 4th goal went in, I was just so disgusted. I made my point to Mr Clement as loudly as I could and went.

I left after number 3. As soon as Gunter misjudged his header, I started gathering my things. Heard the 4th while I was walking around by the burger vans.

Yeah that Gunter error was my breaking point. It was just so shit. Rarely get angry at football but that game took the piss.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Apr 2022 11:33

Hendo
ayjaydee Boxing Day 2003 2-0 down at HT to the Wombles (iirc we had lost our previous 2 games by 3 goals so not on a good run. Had an assignation in Nottingham which appealed far more than another 45 minutes of the drivel I had just witnessed. Proved the right decision as a certain Jobi McAnuff scored the third in the second half.

Also left the Wimbledon game early, we baulked at 0-3 though. Is the only game I have properly left earl though.

I did see a lot of people leaving at 3-4 on Monday though, which puzzled me. We've managed to get it back from 1-4 to 3-4 in about half an hour and that is when you decide to leave, when we only need 1 more goal? Weird.

Yeh strange. Could understand people leaving at 1-4, but as soon as we pulled that first one back it felt like we could get something. Leaving at 3-4 is just mental.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Apr 2022 11:34

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo

Yeh strange. Could understand people leaving at 1-4, but as soon as we pulled that first one back it felt like we could get something. Leaving at 3-4 is just mental.

Yeah, once they stuck the 4th in, I did think this could end up being 6 or 7, but once we got the second back it was properly game on.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2022 11:36

NathStPaul
genome

Yeah that Gunter error was my breaking point. It was just so shit. Rarely get angry at football but that game took the piss.

On the halfway line, ball is up in the air, I remember clear as day thinking "he's going to misjudge this and it's 3-0"