by CountryRoyal » 02 Aug 2018 12:38

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (h) sponsored by a new hope

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2018 12:47

Platypuss
NewCorkSeth
Silver Fox Another +1 for AR here, I really don't get the rampant negativity before a ball has even been kicked, even considering the fact we are playing against the second coming of total football thanks to the legend Fwank.

BTW is Moore officially not playing or has someone on twitter decided that will be the case and everyone is just following that line?

Think Clement stated something along those lines.

Paul Clement "I won't be considering him for Saturday."

:?

:?

What's happening on Saturday?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2018 13:00

Armadillo Roadkill Yes, of course I’m looking forward to it.

It’s football. It’s my team playing football. At the Madejski. See old friends, have a pint, have a laugh, hope to see the ’Ding put a few goals past the Rams. Enjoy winning. Enjoy moaning if we don’t perform. Play Devil’s advocate and try to find something positive about Aluko. Tricky that last one, but worth a go.

I like Lampard. Great professional, smart bloke, eloquent and informative pundit. Of course, I want to see his managerial career start with a sound beating at the hands of the much unfancied and frequently derided Reading, but after that, good luck to the fella.

Seriously; if you're already despondent and resigned before the season even starts you may want to take a long hard look at yourself and question wether this sport is really for you. All over the country supporters at Grimsby, Plymouth, Rochdale, Charlton et al are all getting ready to follow their teams with the feeling it could be their season, or it could be relegation. For most clubs, that's what it's about. We're no longer any different.

Football. Beer. Mates. It's back.

A much more eloquent version of the same sentiment I've posted a few times.

I salute you sir.

russyb

by russyb » 02 Aug 2018 15:02

Snowflake Royal

It’s football. It’s my team playing football. At the Madejski. See old friends, have a pint, have a laugh, hope to see the ’Ding put a few goals past the Rams. Enjoy winning. Enjoy moaning if we don’t perform. Play Devil’s advocate and try to find something positive about Aluko. Tricky that last one, but worth a go.

I like Lampard. Great professional, smart bloke, eloquent and informative pundit. Of course, I want to see his managerial career start with a sound beating at the hands of the much unfancied and frequently derided Reading, but after that, good luck to the fella.

Seriously; if you're already despondent and resigned before the season even starts you may want to take a long hard look at yourself and question wether this sport is really for you. All over the country supporters at Grimsby, Plymouth, Rochdale, Charlton et al are all getting ready to follow their teams with the feeling it could be their season, or it could be relegation. For most clubs, that's what it's about. We're no longer any different.

I salute you sir.

Post of the day and the same feeling i have too. Nice one

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 02 Aug 2018 15:21

Nutshell.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 02 Aug 2018 17:04

But hold on.. We already have 9 injuries?

Gunter, Jaakola, Edwards, O’Shea, Bacuna, Obita, Popa, Harriott, McCleary

:shock: Only at Reading.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 02 Aug 2018 17:12

Rollerbob But hold on.. We already have 9 injuries?

We've had persistent injury problems over the past few years and players have always taken ages to come back. No idea what the medical staff and coaching staff are doing. As you said, only at Reading.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 03 Aug 2018 08:42

russyb
Snowflake Royal

I salute you sir.

Post of the day and the same feeling i have too. Nice one

I agree

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 03 Aug 2018 09:23

You're an inspiration.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Aug 2018 12:18

Why's that? Do other teams not have injured players?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Aug 2018 12:26

3 of those are long term: Obita, Harriott, McCleary

Bacuna is nearing fitness and of the others, only Gunter would be in the 1st XI, so hardly a crisis.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Aug 2018 12:33

Stranded

Bacuna is nearing fitness and of the others, only Gunter would be in the 1st XI, so hardly a crisis.

Harriott long term again?. i thought he had recovered from last years injury, I mean what`s the point in him?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Aug 2018 12:34

windermereROYAL
Stranded

Harriott long term again?. i thought he had recovered from last years injury, I mean what`s the point in him?

I meant he has been out long term, not that he will be.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Aug 2018 12:41

I really hope "Lamps" turns into the mother of all turkeys as a manager. I actually think its our only hope as well tonight.
It will be interesting to see our line up. If its a powerful pacey lineup as mentioned, we might, just might, get something, but I often think Clement is too "safe" and we will be served up the same old dross.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Aug 2018 12:47

I worry about the soft centre of our defence tonight. McShane and Ilori hardly fill you with confidence.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Aug 2018 13:26

windermereROYAL I worry about the soft centre of our defence tonight. McShane and Ilori hardly fill you with confidence.

If that is the back 2 we are screwed. McShane's slowness and Ilori's lack of a defensive brain power combined is a recipe for a tragedy.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Aug 2018 14:32

Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL I worry about the soft centre of our defence tonight. McShane and Ilori hardly fill you with confidence.

If that is the back 2 we are screwed. McShane's slowness and Ilori's lack of a defensive brain power combined is a recipe for a tragedy.

Whats your preference then? O'Shea?

Moore is not playing

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2018 14:34

Hound
Ascotexgunner

Whats your preference then? O'Shea?

Moore is not playing

Could have had George "better than Pele" Evans playing at the back...................

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Aug 2018 15:29

Hashtag buzzing for tonight now, I'd hate to be as unhappy as some of the people on here

266 posts