Ex Players

3127 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ex Players

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Aug 2020 17:21

Hound He was ok, hardly a brilliant signing for them. Pretty much an average champ player really

Yeah this.

We'd be happy to have him on a pay cut.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 15 Aug 2020 18:26

3points Ikpeachu signing for Wycombe.

Can see him improving into his late 20s as he learns to use his frame better, surprised if he gets a championship move though. Hope he does well.

Odimayo signing for Swindon it looks like, good to see a few of the released guys landing at a decent level.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 15 Aug 2020 19:02

Richards was often performing at an equal level to Blackett this season, and is only going to get better. Good signing for Forest but we’ve not really lost out

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Aug 2020 11:59

Simmops
SCIAG He joins Abdulai Bell-Baggie, former Academy player who has had a very interesting career. Should have had a better career.

. He was meant to be the golden boy

Don’t think it was his ability that let him down...

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Aug 2020 14:55

Nameless
Simmops
SCIAG He joins Abdulai Bell-Baggie, former Academy player who has had a very interesting career. Should have had a better career.

. He was meant to be the golden boy

Don’t think it was his ability that let him down...

What was it

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2020 09:52

Looks like Charlie Adam might be off to Bolton, would be a great signing for a L2 side.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 20 Aug 2020 12:54

Loader officially signs for Porto and says this as part of his opening statement.

"I feel that it is a club with a winning mentality, with a huge history and that likes to integrate young players in the main team, and still remains at the top."

Strange move. I am also a Porto fan and have been the for nearly 20 years now. Porto are great at integrating youngsters...into training. They don't give them a proper chance their unless they know they can sell them within the next year to make a tidy return like they did with Andre Silva and may do with Fabio Silva next season. I wish the best for Loader but if the rumours were also true about Sporting Lisbon being interested he would have been better off taking their offer so he would stand a far better chance of playing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2020 13:35

Ranty McRantface Loader officially signs for Porto and says this as part of his opening statement.

"I feel that it is a club with a winning mentality, with a huge history and that likes to integrate young players in the main team, and still remains at the top."

Strange move. I am also a Porto fan and have been the for nearly 20 years now. Porto are great at integrating youngsters...into training. They don't give them a proper chance their unless they know they can sell them within the next year to make a tidy return like they did with Andre Silva and may do with Fabio Silva next season. I wish the best for Loader but if the rumours were also true about Sporting Lisbon being interested he would have been better off taking their offer so he would stand a far better chance of playing.

Perhaps Mr Loader should maximise his chances and change his name to Danny Silva.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Aug 2020 15:45

Sutekh
Ranty McRantface Loader officially signs for Porto and says this as part of his opening statement.

Perhaps Mr Loader should maximise his chances and change his name to Danny Silva.

Lol, maybe he is planning that

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 20 Aug 2020 18:32

Hopefully a couple of hundred grand compensation, should cover Moore's wages for August.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Aug 2020 21:07

Good luck to him. I hope he fulfils his potential but I'm not expecting to see him in the Porto first team this side of his retirement.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 20 Aug 2020 21:18

From Despair To Where? Good luck to him. I hope he fulfils his potential but I'm not expecting to see him in the Porto first team this side of his retirement.

Will be interesting to see how he does. Personally I think Olise is going to have a more successful career then Loader but we’ll see

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 20 Aug 2020 21:23

Simon's Church

Hopefully a couple of hundred grand compensation, should cover Moore's wages for August.

I don't think we get any Comp as he's moved abroad.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Aug 2020 21:43

Ranty McRantface
Simon's Church

There is a UEFA equivalent to our training compensation but can’t see what sort of sum we might get from it compared to if he had signed for an English club.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Aug 2020 08:39

From Despair To Where? Good luck to him. I hope he fulfils his potential but I'm not expecting to see him in the Porto first team this side of his retirement.

I'd agree with this. Wouldn't be surprised if he was released after the end of his 2 year deal and ends up back in England for a L1 or bottom half Championship side. Much like Kelly.

He might play in the odd cup game for them.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 21 Aug 2020 09:28

Nameless
Ranty McRantface
Simon's Church

There is a UEFA equivalent to our training compensation but can’t see what sort of sum we might get from it compared to if he had signed for an English club.

Yeah it's just a set fee rather than a tribunal which takes into account all sorts of factors.

Great experience for him though, regardless of whether he makes it into the first team or not. He could leave in 2 years, he'll still only be 21

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Aug 2020 09:36

Hendo

I'd agree with this. Wouldn't be surprised if he was released after the end of his 2 year deal and ends up back in England for a L1 or bottom half Championship side. Much like Kelly.

He might play in the odd cup game for them.

His style of play may be more suited to the Portugal than a Championship relegation scrap.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 21 Aug 2020 14:24

Liam Kelly - Feyenoord to Oxford United (another one year loan)

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Aug 2020 11:40

Sutekh

notice he is using Namaso as his shirt name rather than Loader. Perhaps Porto are trying to Make him sound less British

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2020 13:41

Some stuff on Loader:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... c-prospect

its worth a read if not especially interesting. Few comments from Roddy and Gomes. Some comments about Gomes using youth from Roddy which isnt really how I remember it.

3127 posts