Ex Players

3107 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ex Players

by Simmops » 23 Jul 2021 13:04

Snowball
From Despair To Where? How about we draw a line under the speculation and wait for something concrete to enter the public domain.

It's not really "speculation" though, is it?

What you are doing is a crime and I suggest you stop before the site gets taken down for evidence

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jul 2021 16:12

Snowball
From Despair To Where? How about we draw a line under the speculation and wait for something concrete to enter the public domain.

It’s pure speculation. You are posting things which are 3rd or 4th hand with no credible backup.
Sadly it’s inevitable that people will do this, we all like to think we have the inside track and most of the time it is harmless. In this case whilst you could argue this is a pretty obscure corner of the Internet I would think we’re still better off being restrained when the accused has not been charged from stating ‘facts’ about the case which are not facts.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jul 2021 19:10

Nameless
Snowball

It’s pure speculation. You are posting things which are 3rd or 4th hand with no credible backup.
Sadly it’s inevitable that people will do this, we all like to think we have the inside track and most of the time it is harmless. In this case whilst you could argue this is a pretty obscure corner of the Internet I would think we’re still better off being restrained when the accused has not been charged from stating ‘facts’ about the case which are not facts.

I am NOT speculating. Maybe about the finer details but not the big one, ie: WHO. I have close family members who work full time for the national press. I go to pizza nights where, apart from partners, everybloodybody is a journo.

I was given a heads-up on this, and more-or-less concretely, who the player was, a couple of days before it broke.

In the player's own country they have named him in the national press.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jul 2021 19:11

Simmops
Snowball

What you are doing is a crime and I suggest you stop before the site gets taken down for evidence

SIMMOPS is correcting me.

Now I've seen everything

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jul 2021 19:22

No one gives a shit about where or when you got your information from, you're completely missing the point. Just stop speculating about the "finer details" until something official is said otherwise it's just idle gossip.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 23 Jul 2021 20:42

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jul 2021 22:07

From Despair To Where? No one gives a shit about where or when you got your information from, you're completely missing the point. Just stop speculating about the "finer details" until something official is said otherwise it's just idle gossip.

But we have a FORUM called Gossip.

Which finer details are you saying I am speculating on?

All I've said is I'm as sure as it's humanly possible to be
that I know "The Player in Question"

I don't know the precise allegations, how true or not-true they are
AND SO FAR I HAVE NOT COMMENTED ON WHAT SAID-PLAYER IS
ALLEGED TO HAVE DONE. NOT A oxf*rd WORD.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Jul 2021 01:32

Snowball
Elm Park Kid My instinct is that it would be much better if society changed it's mob mentality than creating laws which restrict the reporting of facts. This player has been suspended by Everton and it's only because we're out of season that it wasn't obvious who it was immediately.

We should be grown up enough to understand that being arrested doesn't mean guilt and that the guy doesn't deserve to be labelled as anything at this point.

I for one am not "labelling", and if he is found guilty I will be genuinely saddened
as I always thought of him as a very decent "top bloke"

But to clarify, my understanding, whether there have been individual accusations or not
is that c******* w*** s****** f*** the h*** and c****** (some of?) the o****** a** **** *****, and n****** ** ** **** "a********" from i********.

It’s possible that other people are thinking of different comments, but to me these comments (which I have censored) are speculation on finer details. In particular, you make claims about the reliability of evidence which may or may not exist and comment upon police proceedings which may or may not have happened in a manner which some might find leading.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Jul 2021 07:14

Snowball
From Despair To Where? No one gives a shit about where or when you got your information from, you're completely missing the point. Just stop speculating about the "finer details" until something official is said otherwise it's just idle gossip.

But we have a FORUM called Gossip.

Which finer details are you saying I am speculating on?

All I've said is I'm as sure as it's humanly possible to be
that I know "The Player in Question"

I don't know the precise allegations, how true or not-true they are
AND SO FAR I HAVE NOT COMMENTED ON WHAT SAID-PLAYER IS
ALLEGED TO HAVE DONE. NOT A oxf*rd WORD.

‘I am NOT speculating. Maybe about the finer details but not the big one, ‘

It was you who said you were speculating on the finer details !

You are behaving like a complete idiot. Anyone with half a sense of decency would have taken the hint when absolutely everyone is telling you to STFU. just stop posting, stop changing your story, stop being inconsistent, stopping trying to impress with your ‘pizza party’ nonsense.
JUST STOP, no one wants it !

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2021 08:00

Good on him. Sounds a great opportunity

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Jul 2021 14:56

Snowball
Simmops
Snowball

Now I've seen everything

Not correcting you. Just letting you know that what you're doing is literally highly illegal and if there are any undercover police here or browsing then you are liable for prosecution and you will bring the site down. I suggest you cease and desist.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Jul 2021 19:02

SCIAG
Snowball
Elm Park Kid My instinct is that it would be much better if society changed it's mob mentality than creating laws which restrict the reporting of facts. This player has been suspended by Everton and it's only because we're out of season that it wasn't obvious who it was immediately.

We should be grown up enough to understand that being arrested doesn't mean guilt and that the guy doesn't deserve to be labelled as anything at this point.

I for one am not "labelling", and if he is found guilty I will be genuinely saddened
as I always thought of him as a very decent "top bloke"

But to clarify, my understanding, whether there have been individual accusations or not
is that c******* w*** s****** f*** the h*** and c****** (some of?) the o****** a** **** *****, and n****** ** ** **** "a********" from i********.

It’s possible that other people are thinking of different comments, but to me these comments (which I have censored) are speculation on finer details. In particular, you make claims about the reliability of evidence which may or may not exist and comment upon police proceedings which may or may not have happened in a manner which some might find leading.

No you **** ud****d

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Jul 2021 19:02

Simmops
Snowball
Simmops

Now I've seen everything

Not correcting you. Just letting you know that what you're doing is literally highly illegal and if there are any undercover police here or browsing then you are liable for prosecution and you will bring the site down. I suggest you cease and desist.

Ring the police and tell them, then.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jul 2021 19:14

You're doing yourself no favours here, Snowball. Most people have asked you to refrain. Show some humility and give it a rest.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2021 13:06

Paul McShane has rejoined Manchester United. He will coach and play for their “U23s”.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 27 Jul 2021 13:14

Nevers is doing well for West Ham - think he's scored 4 in his last 2 matches

Plymouth exile

by Plymouth exile » 27 Jul 2021 18:53

Apologies if this has already been posted but this is SBNATION'S verdict on Richard's performance against Ajjax
A promising performance from Omar Richards

Photo by CHRISTOF STACHE/AFP via Getty Images

The young Englishman shone bright in his second appearance in red. Playing much higher up as a winger with Josip Stanišić at left-back, Richards surprised with his attacking and defensive work rate. Constantly making runs into pockets of space and setting up plays for his teammates while tracking back to make some important tackles, Richards owned the left flank today. For the most part, he was the sole attacking outlet to carry the ball from midfield in the first half. If he continues his development at this rate, Bayern might have just unearthed a gem of a player.

Plymouth exile

by Plymouth exile » 27 Jul 2021 18:56

Apologies if this has been posted already but this is the SBNATION verdict on Richard's performance against Ajax.
A promising performance from Omar Richards

Photo by CHRISTOF STACHE/AFP via Getty Images

The young Englishman shone bright in his second appearance in red. Playing much higher up as a winger with Josip Stanišić at left-back, Richards surprised with his attacking and defensive work rate. Constantly making runs into pockets of space and setting up plays for his teammates while tracking back to make some important tackles, Richards owned the left flank today. For the most part, he was the sole attacking outlet to carry the ball from midfield in the first half. If he continues his development at this rate, Bayern might have just unearthed a gem of a player.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Jul 2021 12:44

Wrttop, Tennai Watson as of today, MK on a free

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Aug 2021 20:57

Liam Kelly on trial with Swindon, quite the fall.

3107 posts