Ex Players

3107 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ex Players

by Sutekh » 24 Jan 2022 13:39

Hound Olise getting the big ups after his display on the weekend.

Whats he worth now - £30m? More? :roll:

Is there a possibility of a sell on clause at all?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Jan 2022 14:52

Teddy Howe, where a lot of fans on here creamed themselves over has just signed a permanent deal for Barnet FC. Classic case of using his contacts and relationships, but clearly not very good at this level.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Jan 2022 14:58

paultheroyal Teddy Howe, where a lot of fans on here creamed themselves over has just signed a permanent deal for Barnet FC. Classic case of using his contacts and relationships, but clearly not very good at this level.

given our issues at RB this season when Yiadom has been injured, I'd have thought both Howe and Tennai Watson would have got a fair few games this year had they still been in the U23 squad. Perhaps we could have a reunion with Gunts :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jan 2022 15:02

paultheroyal Teddy Howe, where a lot of fans on here creamed themselves over has just signed a permanent deal for Barnet FC. Classic case of using his contacts and relationships, but clearly not very good at this level.

would like to see evidence of this creaming over...remember there being some mild enthusiasm, mainly from Ian

He did ok in his games for us, but clearly the Blackpool experience shows he wouldn't have made it at champ level. National league is still a decent level though so good luck to him

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 24 Jan 2022 19:42

Fans on here can get things wrong, happens to everyone.

There was even one bloke who said Meite wouldn't recover from injury this season yet Meite is starting for the under 23s tonight.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 25 Jan 2022 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 23:20

Hound

would like to see evidence of this creaming over...remember there being some mild enthusiasm, mainly from Ian

He did ok in his games for us, but clearly the Blackpool experience shows he wouldn't have made it at champ level. National league is still a decent level though so good luck to him

Yeah, looked decent in a couple of appearances. Worth giving cup games and some back up duties to given we were oxf*rd on finances. At around a time when we were coming off a string of letting quality youth players go who went on to do good things.

But Paul would rather carry on some sort of grudge against his family by claiming nepotism.

Think his performances were probably more solid than Ashcroft. Though he looks like he might have a bit more about him with a few more years under his belt.

PS Paul, going to apologise to SCIAG about Meite yet?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jan 2022 08:03

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Yeah, looked decent in a couple of appearances. Worth giving cup games and some back up duties to given we were oxf*rd on finances. At around a time when we were coming off a string of letting quality youth players go who went on to do good things.

But Paul would rather carry on some sort of grudge against his family by claiming nepotism.

Think his performances were probably more solid than Ashcroft. Though he looks like he might have a bit more about him with a few more years under his belt.

PS Paul, going to apologise to SCIAG about Meite yet?

Oh god here he goes again. Howe was clearly not good enough, the most knowledgeable football supporter could see that and having a massive leg up from his father kept him in, simple. Ended up at Barnet, of course which is a good standard, but not at a standard at any EFL level.

And why on Earth is anyone due an apology when I give an opinion that I believe meite be out for the season. Please dig out my comments worthy of that apology.

I am ecstatic that meite is back but his time frame is ridiculous. Brilliant but ridiculous and pretty unheard of.

I was basing his recovery on what happened to me. Ian, unlike you I have been in the EFL, Premier League circles. I k ie how it works, trained with clubs, and I know it grates with you but I have contacts and know people. I have snapped both my cruciates at the height of my career. I had the best care given to me and it was tough getting back. Second one brought my career to an end despite best efforts and medical care. So I am so sorry for giving an opinion on meite’s road to recovery.

You really are that snivelling school kid in class, you know the sort, the bitchy, snitchy one, no friends, squealing.

Have a good day x

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 08:32

It's mainly because you were incredibly rude and arrogant about, as you've been every time it's come up.

Just because you've got shit knees so know best.

And iirc told us to come back when you were proved right.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2022 08:41

on a more cheerful note, nice to see Ben House and Ethan Coleman back in the football league at Lincoln and Orient

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jan 2022 09:08

Snowflake Royal It's mainly because you were incredibly rude and arrogant about, as you've been every time it's come up.

Just because you've got shit knees so know best.

And iirc told us to come back when you were proved right.

incredibly rude and arrogant? That is something that i am not. Lets have that post please where i am "incredibly rude and arrogant". You continually throw around words with no basis, so lets have them regarding this matter. I apologise in advance that giving an opinion on a message board comes across to you as rude and arrogant.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 25 Jan 2022 13:19

2 ex players - Steve Sidwell and Hall Robson-Kanu - are going to be on the Friday's edition of A Question of Sport.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 25 Jan 2022 13:27

ALOL another one i called right.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186617&hilit=Teddy+Howe&start=20#p4892499

8)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jan 2022 13:30

Bodvarsson has joined Bolton on a 18 month deal from Millwall. Quite liked Bodvarsson but it never really seems to work out for him, every time he got on a scoring run here, he’d get injured. Don’t know how many starts he got but just 5 goals in two and a half seasons for Millwall

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2022 13:31

yeah i liked him, Didn't seem so keen on him at Millwall though. Hopefully he'll do well at Bolton

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Jan 2022 13:34

Think he will do well in League 1. With no disrespect intended, I think that is about his level now. He will be more than a handful for the defenders in that division.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 25 Jan 2022 13:34

Brogue

8)

B-b-but SCIAG is the oracle of youth football.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jan 2022 13:53

URZZZZ Bodvarsson has joined Bolton on a 18 month deal from Millwall. Quite liked Bodvarsson but it never really seems to work out for him, every time he got on a scoring run here, he’d get injured. Don’t know how many starts he got but just 5 goals in two and a half seasons for Millwall

1 off them was against us as well :lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jan 2022 15:58

Brogue

8)

Yep - good retrieval that. So funny on the day i am being assassinated for saying way back when that we be lucky to see Meite this season, the very said same posters use the words "daft", "good prospect", "baffling", "sucks", "missed opportunity", and the best one yet "utterly bizarre decision" all describing the travesty in letting Howe leave Reading FC.

HNA - got to love it :lol: :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jan 2022 18:01

Mr Angry 2 ex players - Steve Sidwell and Hall Robson-Kanu - are going to be on the Friday's edition of A Question of Sport.
thanks for that Mr A …. look forward to it

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Jan 2022 20:33

This is the complete opposite of the truth :lol:

We released him because of who his dad was. If his name had been Teddy Smith he would have been kept on and probably played the minutes played by Osho, Holmes, Esteves and Ashcroft at right back in recent years. We’ve had to use centre backs, midfielders, and kids who aren’t ready at right back because Nigel Howe didn’t want a conflict of interest. Remains a bizarre decision.

A very large part of football is being in the right place at the right time. Liam Kelly had a career here and now plays in League Two, Charlie Austin didn’t and went on to make 100 appearances in the top flight. As I said at the time, Howe might not have pulled up any trees but he would have been a capable back up. I don’t think being kept out of the Blackpool side by Dujon Sterling is evidence he wouldn’t have, to be honest.

3107 posts