Ex Players

3107 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ex Players

by Snowball » 22 Jul 2021 09:36

SCIAG
paultheroyal Quoting "a premier league star aged 31" narrows it down more than ex Reading"

Words fail me.

Really not doing anything to demonstrate that you’re not a dumbass.

“31 year old Everton footballer” is a term which has some, albeit limited, ambiguity. “31 year old ex-Reading Everton footballer” narrows it down to one.

They teach Venn diagrams to six year olds. Perhaps you could ask one to explain them to you?

Except Everton football club made it clear that one of the 31-year olds was NOT the guilty person. This made front page news yesterday

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jul 2021 09:44

Guys you really should let this go until legal process has been completed. IMO accusations like this should "never" be aired publicly until someone is charged. Sadly there have been too many false allegations made in the past which have now made prosecuting real offenders very difficult. Also as has been said even if someone turns out to be innocent, mud thrown like this sticks and reputations are left in tatters, which is unfair.

Just let the legal process take its course.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Jul 2021 10:09

SCIAG
paultheroyal Quoting "a premier league star aged 31" narrows it down more than ex Reading"

Words fail me.

Really not doing anything to demonstrate that you’re not a dumbass.

“31 year old Everton footballer” is a term which has some, albeit limited, ambiguity. “31 year old ex-Reading Everton footballer” narrows it down to one.

They teach Venn diagrams to six year olds. Perhaps you could ask one to explain them to you?

Well done in narrowing it down to a 31 year old ex Reading FC star (allegedly) - seriously - you cant teach stupid, but maybe you can.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Jul 2021 10:30

My instinct is that it would be much better if society changed it's mob mentality than creating laws which restrict the reporting of facts. This player has been suspended by Everton and it's only because we're out of season that it wasn't obvious who it was immediately.

We should be grown up enough to understand that being arrested doesn't mean guilt and that the guy doesn't deserve to be labelled as anything at this point.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Jul 2021 11:06

Elm Park Kid My instinct is that it would be much better if society changed it's mob mentality than creating laws which restrict the reporting of facts. This player has been suspended by Everton and it's only because we're out of season that it wasn't obvious who it was immediately.

We should be grown up enough to understand that being arrested doesn't mean guilt and that the guy doesn't deserve to be labelled as anything at this point.

I for one am not "labelling", and if he is found guilty I will be genuinely saddened
as I always thought of him as a very decent "top bloke"

But to clarify, my understanding, whether there have been individual accusations or not
is that computers were seized from the home and certain (some of?) the offences are
very clear, and nothing to do with "allegations" from individuals.

It appears on the Everton chat-site that said player has been known to be in
some kind of "personal trouble" for some time now.

I presume that means, rumours were circulating about something untoward
well before this broke.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2021 12:25

Elm Park Kid My instinct is that it would be much better if society changed it's mob mentality than creating laws which restrict the reporting of facts. This player has been suspended by Everton and it's only because we're out of season that it wasn't obvious who it was immediately.

Tell that to ptr and snowball, they're more interested in waving their "I've got inside knowledge" wangs around than anything else.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Jul 2021 12:44

Snowflake Royal

Tell that to ptr and snowball, they're more interested in waving their "I've got inside knowledge" wangs around than anything else.

As usual, you are talking out of your anus

I just happen to have general-news journalists in the family and in-laws
and, from my perspective, an ex-player of ours being in this situation is
relevant and important.

Before this broke, I had been given the nod on this as extremely
probable to be X, and you may disagree (although I couldn't care what you think)
but I don't think we should just pretend it's not happening.

It's uncomfortable for the player, uncomfortable for his current club, maybe
has the potential to be uncomfortable for Reading. A few years from now said
player could have been with us as a veteran player or as a coach.

(and yes it is uncomfortable for victims)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Jul 2021 14:55

Snowflake Royal

Its nothing to do with that - this is something i have no knowledge on and dont want to have knowledge on But you crack on...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jul 2021 06:12

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal

Its nothing to do with that - this is something i have no knowledge on and dont want to have knowledge on But you crack on...

Remember, Ian Royal has inside knowledge on everything
and is soon to be canonised.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Jul 2021 09:45

Snowball

I for one am not "labelling", and if he is found guilty I will be genuinely saddened

But to clarify, my understanding, whether there have been individual accusations or not.

Snowers, seriously, you really oxf*rd shouldn’t be saying shit like the stuff I have removed from the quotes. That is genuinely prejudicial. If your journalist friends aren’t prepared to put it in print then you should follow their example. People have been hauled in front of a judge for much less. Is it really a risk worth taking?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 23 Jul 2021 09:45

Snowflake Royal

That would make an interesting Tattoo. one to explain to the misses.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jul 2021 10:34

SCIAG
Snowball

But to clarify, my understanding, whether there have been individual accusations or not.

Snowers, seriously, you really oxf*rd shouldn’t be saying shit like the stuff I have removed from the quotes. That is genuinely prejudicial. If your journalist friends aren’t prepared to put it in print then you should follow their example. People have been hauled in front of a judge for much less. Is it really a risk worth taking?

The Journos are blocked from going into print post Levinson
and also there is always the lurking issue of libel cases or injunctions.

Plus the newspapers would easily throw a journal under a bus.

BUT

The idea that a heavily caveated internet post on a closed forum
is in anyway remotely the equivalent of a headline and article in
The Daily Mail or Guardian, Sun, Express etc is frankly laughable.

I give you permission to ring the authorities and tell them every word I've written here on this subject.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Jul 2021 10:51

Might be the right time to point out this section of HobNob is not a "Closed Forum"

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jul 2021 10:54

How about we draw a line under the speculation and wait for something concrete to enter the public domain.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Jul 2021 10:55

From Despair To Where? How about we draw a line under the speculation and wait for something concrete to enter the public domain.

you must be new here etc etc

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jul 2021 11:04

Vision Might be the right time to point out this section of HobNob is not a "Closed Forum"

This. And even in the closed section of the forum, things have come to light which shouldn't have done - although that was a good few years ago now.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jul 2021 11:26

Vision Might be the right time to point out this section of HobNob is not a "Closed Forum"

So these three detectives in my office are telling me

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jul 2021 11:26

From Despair To Where? How about we draw a line under the speculation and wait for something concrete to enter the public domain.

It's not really "speculation" though, is it?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jul 2021 12:23

Nothing new or concrete has come out since Monday, so yes it is speculation. Speculation about an ongoing police investigation.

Not convinced there is anything else of value to add at this time.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Jul 2021 13:03

Hendo

This. And even in the closed section of the forum, things have come to light which shouldn't have done - although that was a good few years ago now.

yes to my detriment

3107 posts