Re: Ex Players

by URZZZZ » 19 Nov 2019 16:31

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 19 Nov 2019 18:39

URZZZZ https://twitter.com/RFCLatest/status/1196806374342234112

Oh, Royston :lol:

Great interview this - I reckon that was when Adkins (I think) removed him from the first team squad

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Nov 2019 22:12

Mid Sussex Royal

Great interview this - I reckon that was when Adkins (I think) removed him from the first team squad

From memory, I don't think it was. McAnuff had concussion for the Yeovil (H) game IIRC which Drenthe subsequently came on and made a decent impact against

It may have been one contributing factor however to his eventual banishment from the squad at the end of the season

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 Nov 2019 12:24

URZZZZ
Mid Sussex Royal

From memory, I don't think it was. McAnuff had concussion for the Yeovil (H) game IIRC which Drenthe subsequently came on and made a decent impact against

It may have been one contributing factor however to his eventual banishment from the squad at the end of the season

Have to say the squad kept all of that pretty quiet - no tabloid stories about training-room bust-ups etc

Ian Harte left before Drenthe came in that season, and went to Bournemouth. Much later that season, after a game where Reading lost to Bournemouth he made some twitter comment about keeping Drenthe in his pocket, or something like that, and a Reading fan accused him of disrespect.
Hartey's response was along the lines of - you wouldn't say that if you knew what I knew.
May have heard about that incident - or maybe others!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 21 Nov 2019 13:56

McShane and Edwards score FA Cup winning goals. Trip to the Shrews or the 'Dale in R3 anyone?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Nov 2019 10:52

SWLR McShane and Edwards score FA Cup winning goals. Trip to the Shrews or the 'Dale in R3 anyone?

Until McShane got injured in the same game and had to come off :lol: He was a very good defender for us but his injuries were such a problem

I fancy a good cup run this year assuming we stay clear of relegation, but inevitably it'll be a Championship team away/Man Utd away like it's been for 5 of the last 6 seasons :roll:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Nov 2019 10:56

I'd quite fancy an away trip to Rochdale. Fairly local to me against a team we haven't played for 35 or so years.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Nov 2019 11:01

From Despair To Where? I'd quite fancy an away trip to Rochdale. Fairly local to me against a team we haven't played for 35 or so years.

With a relatively easy draw at home to Boston Utd, there's a good chance they'll get to R3

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Nov 2019 20:44

From Despair To Where? I'd quite fancy an away trip to Rochdale. Fairly local to me against a team we haven't played for 35 or so years.

1983/84 was the last season Reading played Rochdale. Wasn’t good either. Dreadful 0-0 at Elm Park and an even worse 4-1 stuffing at Spotland.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Nov 2019 13:02

Was at Cheltenham V Colchester yesterday and was pretty surprised to see Callum Harriott warming up for Colchester 5 feet from me :shock: I know he was perma injured but he wasn’t a bad player, would have thought he could have gotten a League One club.

Anyway, he came on as a second half substitute and I’m not even sure touched the ball.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2019 23:50

Norwood once again showing that in a team suited to his strengths, he's superb. One of the most underrated players we've had in a long time. Very rarely gives the ball away and his passing is mostly always played with a purpose

It's all right though, we had Evans and Kelly instead :?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 10:14

URZZZZ Norwood once again showing that in a team suited to his strengths, he's superb. One of the most underrated players we've had in a long time. Very rarely gives the ball away and his passing is mostly always played with a purpose

He was completely useless for us.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 10:29

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Norwood once again showing that in a team suited to his strengths, he's superb. One of the most underrated players we've had in a long time. Very rarely gives the ball away and his passing is mostly always played with a purpose

Best midfielder we've had in a while, oozed quality

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 10:29

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 10:42

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews He was completely useless for us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something amusing?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Nov 2019 10:43

I liked Norwood when he was here, but he was a bit inconsistent.

Great range of passing and got a shot on him though, that is for sure.

I seem to remember his corners being dreadful though, although that isn't exclusive to him in a Reading shirt, that is for sure.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 10:46

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Something amusing?

Yes, he was useless for us. This has been explained to you already.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 10:48

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something amusing?

Yes, he was useless for us. This has been explained to you already.

Was it explained? Or did you just come up with a random (incorrect) statement?

3107 posts