MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (h) sponsored by oh no, not another Saturday home game

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (h) sponsored by oh no, not another Saturday home game

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2018 17:17

Just fcuk off, Aluko.
Stealing a living.

And take Meyler with you.

Beetlebum

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (h) sponsored by oh no, not another Saturday home game

by Beetlebum » 01 Sep 2018 17:20

Scutterbucketz Clement out, anyone?

I believe that to be in order- for his own humility at least. The trend cannot be ignored.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 17:21

NewCorkSeth Well I am now firmly planted in the "Clement out" club. I argued long and often that changing managers quickly is too short-termist and that success is best built on consistency but I'm done with him.
I don't care if he follows this up with 10 game winning streak. He can do nothing to redeem himself in my eyes.

I think everybody agrees the shift of Yiadom, one of our few bright sparks this season, over to the left to accommodate the ever underwhelming Gunter was a joke of a decision.

Meyler got his final chance from me. He's shite. Pure shite. Although it was funny to see him completely misstime a header. Meyler, if you happen to read this, you're a langer.

Baldock might be the worst striker I've seen play for Reading.

A manager has irreconcilably lost your support because he played a right back at left back? :lol: some of you lot are a joke.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Sep 2018 17:22

I’ve been a fairly staunch supporter of him and didn’t go today

But after seeing Gunter come straight back in, Aluko start again, Kelly come on when 2 down and another pathetic home defeat, definitely starting to turn

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 01 Sep 2018 17:22

NewCorkSeth Well I am now firmly planted in the "Clement out" club. I argued long and often that changing managers quickly is too short-termist and that success is best built on consistency but I'm done with him.
I don't care if he follows this up with 10 game winning streak. He can do nothing to redeem himself in my eyes.

I think everybody agrees the shift of Yiadom, one of our few bright sparks this season, over to the left to accommodate the ever underwhelming Gunter was a joke of a decision.

Meyler got his final chance from me. He's shite. Pure shite. Although it was funny to see him completely misstime a header. Meyler, if you happen to read this, you're a langer.

Kevin Nolan is free ?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 17:30

Jagermesiter1871

A manager has irreconcilably lost your support because he played a right back at left back? :lol: some of you lot are a joke.

Separate points.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 17:33

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

Separate points.

What has he done that's irrevocably lost your support?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2018 17:44

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

Separate points.

What has he done that's irrevocably lost your support?

He as shown, imo, a complete lack of tactical awareness. Often failing to note various weaknesses during matches that have been left fragile for opponents to exploit. For example our full backs are asked to play quite narrow when defending which has led to opponents dominating possession on the wings as our wingers (Aluko and Barrow) are both sleight and short and incapable of asserting themselves physically on opponents. For our first goal re-watch the highlights and you'll see Gunter close to our CBs leaving Aluko to challenge their attacking player leaving loads of space out wide.

He has proven to be incapable of instilling a system of signature style of any sort. We chop and change and seem to be completely responsive to opposition tactics rather than trying to force our style of play on the pitch and influence our opponents to react to us for a change. Most of our attacks come from individual moments of skill rather than any tactical awareness from the players.

He has been making a dogs dinner of the players available to him and, in addition to our transfer team, failed to identify suitable players and suitable positions requiring improvement.

There's more but I get the feeling you won't agree with me on any thing anyway.