BFTG - Norwich

206 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Norwich

by genome » 20 Sep 2018 09:54

I think it speaks volumes to our situation that I wouldn't mind Warnock if he became available

Still, as I eluded to in the other thread, I don't think Clement is the issue

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 09:57

Clement sadly has realised he can do nothing other than wait for the payout now, he knows this group of players don't have an ounce of pride, determination or hunger in their bodies. If we lose on Saturday it will no doubt be the end imo.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Sep 2018 09:58

genome I think it speaks volumes to our situation that I wouldn't mind Warnock if he became available

I can only speak for myself here but when I say I want change its because I think Clement hasn't done what need to be done to help himself. Multiple tactical and selection oddities have left him in a place that any manager would struggle to escape from.

Yes the players have underperformed but Clement has done seemingly nothing to change the performances. On current evidence he's just not a good manager.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 20 Sep 2018 10:01

Absolutely atrocious performance, we are not turning a corner if anything we are getting worse.

Thought John Swift was the only bright spark for Reading he was creative strong on the ball and played some excellent passes, fair play to him. I actually thought Aluko was alright too although clearly short on confidence and frustrated (probably with himself)

Baldock put in one of the most useless and inept performances from a striker I've ever seen. Would probably rather have Raziak than him. Waste of money.

Meite is just awful, I don't even think he understands how to play football and Yiadom wasn't much better, if he had been playing LB for Barnsley then no wonder they got relegated although he is a tasty RB.

Poor old Gunter I am a big fan of his but I think the key word here is old. He looks way off the pace and half the man he was, out the team please.

Moore and Illori fine, keep, good CB partnership who will improve when the team around them is better.

Bacuna and Kelly - Totally awful 1st goal the midfield weren't even there, the worst positioning from a midfield I've ever seen. When the wingers and Baldock pressed, they were pretty much holding hands with the CBs, then when the wingers and striker dropped deep, Kelly would decide to run for about 30 seconds chasing the ball like a headless chicken and then getting applause for running? Send him back to Bath, he really strikes me as an egotistical b*llend. Bacuna wasn't much better but I do believe he can actually play football with a bit of confidence so lets keep hold of him, he will get a red card soon though with some of his tackles.

Clement - Clueless, team has no shape no plan A or B. At least with Stam we had an identity, I just wish he would've won a couple of games sooner before he got sacked, I think he would've got it right. Clement needs to go and his radio interview after the game was one of the worst I've ever heard. "We were naïve, sloppy, lazy, tired... etc etc" that's your job to make sure there not that you numpty.

Fans - Club1871 give up, you just look atrocious and embarrassing. Load of gimps. I miss the days of y26 y25 being full please come back everyone, the beers nice. oh wait no its shit.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 20 Sep 2018 10:03

Utter pony

- Long balls to Baldock when big giant Zimmerman is constantly marking him and inevitably won everything in the air

- I cannot defend Gunter who looked like he does not give a toss anymore, Blackett must be wondering what he has to do to get in the team again.

- Meite - Other than the shot, how on earth did he make it through the ranks at PSG? He seems to have lost all his pace that we saw at the start of his Reading career. The bloke can't carry himself at all!

I want Clement to get it right but when you are playing Yiadom out of position to accommodate Gunter who hasn't offered anything you're in trouble. Also the Bod has been getting the typical striker goals, right place right time and yet he still seems to be benched on the reg.

Once again very little interest shown, no desire and the worst of all most of these players if thats what they are walk away with £10-20k a week.

Its began already but I really think the fans need to make a conscious effort not to turn up and boycott one of our upcoming games. Let me ask everyone a question, out of all the games in the last year, in how many of those have included the minimum required work rate and desire? I'm not talking about ability, it is evident in Clement's post match interview that very few players give a toss.

I cannot defend this rubbish anymore we as fans deserve better if you can't beat the team because we don't have the ability fine, but at least run yourselves into the ground. Spoiled over the last decade or not this is indefensible.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 10:04

It’s a bit of a tough one for Clement

The side we picked for Preston was a poor one (partly due to Barrow missing and Bod’s international week) but managed to beat an equally poor side

It’s a case of what message you are sending out if you then change that winning side significantly? It was clearly wrong and improved a lot when Aluko and Meite went off

The one positive I hope that comes out is that PC finally has had enough of Aluko and bins him for good. Also Bod gets back and stays in the starting line up

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 10:05

Theroyalbox Fans - Club1871 give up, you just look atrocious and embarrassing. Load of gimps. I miss the days of y26 y25 being full please come back everyone, the beers nice. oh wait no its shit.

Yep. It was cringeworthy, doing more damage to the atmosphere if anything.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 20 Sep 2018 10:07

Theroyalbox Absolutely atrocious performance, we are not turning a corner if anything we are getting worse.

Thought John Swift was the only bright spark for Reading he was creative strong on the ball and played some excellent passes, fair play to him. I actually thought Aluko was alright too although clearly short on confidence and frustrated (probably with himself)

Baldock put in one of the most useless and inept performances from a striker I've ever seen. Would probably rather have Raziak than him. Waste of money.

Meite is just awful, I don't even think he understands how to play football and Yiadom wasn't much better, if he had been playing LB for Barnsley then no wonder they got relegated although he is a tasty RB.

Poor old Gunter I am a big fan of his but I think the key word here is old. He looks way off the pace and half the man he was, out the team please.

Moore and Illori fine, keep, good CB partnership who will improve when the team around them is better.

Bacuna and Kelly - Totally awful 1st goal the midfield weren't even there, the worst positioning from a midfield I've ever seen. When the wingers and Baldock pressed, they were pretty much holding hands with the CBs, then when the wingers and striker dropped deep, Kelly would decide to run for about 30 seconds chasing the ball like a headless chicken and then getting applause for running? Send him back to Bath, he really strikes me as an egotistical b*llend. Bacuna wasn't much better but I do believe he can actually play football with a bit of confidence so lets keep hold of him, he will get a red card soon though with some of his tackles.

Clement - Clueless, team has no shape no plan A or B. At least with Stam we had an identity, I just wish he would've won a couple of games sooner before he got sacked, I think he would've got it right. Clement needs to go and his radio interview after the game was one of the worst I've ever heard. "We were naïve, sloppy, lazy, tired... etc etc" that's your job to make sure there not that you numpty.

Fans - Club1871 give up, you just look atrocious and embarrassing. Load of gimps. I miss the days of y26 y25 being full please come back everyone, the beers nice. oh wait no its shit.

And again, someone watching a different game to me. Swift was one of our weakest players, caught in possession numerous times, no ability to shield the ball and not able to dribble past players. He certainly has passing ability and a reasonable shot but, like most of our midfield, just too physically weak.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 10:09

Swift did absolutely fine for me last night and against Preston. One of the only players to come out of it with any credit.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 10:13

Just to cheer everyone up in a weeks time we play Brentford away...............

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Sep 2018 10:13

Old Man Andrews Clement sadly has realised he can do nothing other than wait for the payout now, he knows this group of players don't have an ounce of pride, determination or hunger in their bodies. If we lose on Saturday it will no doubt be the end imo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sacked at all, but Clement was dealt a shite hand when he joined.

Maybe the Clement Out crew are right, and we need a better man-manager, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. He had to try and come in and clean up someone else's mess, he was on a hiding to nothing.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Sep 2018 10:15

It pains me how powederpuff we are (and last season).

Thinking back to the Coppell and McDermott teams, (almost) every single player would give their all and would tackle hard. YOu just can't do anything in this division if you have no fight

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2018 10:22

Positive note - that’s 4 very good striker’s Goals from Bod this season from not a lot of minutes

Has to start from now on

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Sep 2018 10:24

genome Maybe the Clement Out crew are right, and we need a better man-manager, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. He had to try and come in and clean up someone else's mess, he was on a hiding to nothing.

Is that not what almost all new managers have to do? :?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Sep 2018 10:24

Hound Positive note - that’s 4 very good striker’s Goals from Bod this season from not a lot of minutes

Has to start from now on

^^ Yeah fair fukks to the lab

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 10:25

NewCorkSeth
genome I think it speaks volumes to our situation that I wouldn't mind Warnock if he became available

I can only speak for myself here but when I say I want change its because I think Clement hasn't done what need to be done to help himself. Multiple tactical and selection oddities have left him in a place that any manager would struggle to escape from.

Yes the players have underperformed but Clement has done seemingly nothing to change the performances. On current evidence he's just not a good manager.

Yeah, this in a nutshell.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 10:26

John Madejski's Wallet
genome Maybe the Clement Out crew are right, and we need a better man-manager, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. He had to try and come in and clean up someone else's mess, he was on a hiding to nothing.

No not really. Many appointments are made because the previous manager has done well and been noticed by a bigger club and moved on. Clement came in at a time when he couldn't make transfers and had to work with what he had which as we know is a pile of stinking shite. He managed to keep us up which was all the club asked of him. He has now realised the players are broken as is the club in general. I feel deeply sorry for him.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Sep 2018 10:26

John Madejski's Wallet

It's not usually the culmination of 5 years rank bad management from the top.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 20 Sep 2018 10:29

I wonder when that floating straw is going to break our poor camel's back. I fear it's getting very close.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2018 10:50

See my response. The reason we're in the shit is a succession of inexperienced managers. We need experience.

Mick McCarthy? Gulp....Give him a season to keep the team up and build some spirit. He gets a massive bonus and gains kudos of turning around a basket case.

It could work.....

206 posts