BFTG Brentford away

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Brentford away

by John Smith » 02 Oct 2018 09:39

Lower West
John Smith
Not too sure on the Ezatolahi love-in either. He was alright but hardly anything to write home about?

Simply an improvement on the available options is something to be happy about. Rebuilding the team is going to take some time.

A lot of people didn't agree with me at the time but we really, really were spoiled with Danny Williams in the squad. Reading FC legend, pure athlete and an unrivalled work ethic.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Oct 2018 10:18

agreed - not enough credit has been given to Swift - esp for that free kick. It was a brilliant effort.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Oct 2018 10:28

John Smith
Lower West
John Smith
Not too sure on the Ezatolahi love-in either. He was alright but hardly anything to write home about?

Simply an improvement on the available options is something to be happy about. Rebuilding the team is going to take some time.

A lot of people didn't agree with me at the time but we really, really were spoiled with Danny Williams in the squad. Reading FC legend, pure athlete and an unrivalled work ethic.

I agree with you. One of the main reasons for our shambolic performances last season is that the board made the utter diabolical decision to let him go.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Oct 2018 10:32

Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith
Lower West

I agree with you. One of the main reasons for our shambolic performances last season is that the board made the utter diabolical decision to let him go.

Miss the drive and direct style of play. One thing you could count on with Williams was he would run his socks off. That would spur on the rest of the team.
They didn't let him go. He would have stayed if we got promoted. He wanted to play in the prem. He moved to a prem team and good on him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Oct 2018 10:36

Im not sure about being a legend, but he was a good player. Didn't really see the best of him to the last 6 months of his contract though. Definitely was a huge miss last season, but he played his part in a fair number of crap Reading sides as well

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 02 Oct 2018 15:23

Old Man Andrews
Coppells Lost Coat He just had a decent run on Moore and he was stationary due to being on the line. So he went through him, no real foul.
A little annoyed at for the 1st, watching on the replays it is such a poor goal to concede. I would say the entire back 4 has a share of blame.

I just couldn't work out how you could leave yourself in a position where you leave the most dangerous striker in the league unmarked in your 6 yard box, it was completely inept defending that has been largely ignored due to the improved overall display.

Yep, agreed, well said. As I say, if we're going to need to score 3 goals away from home to win a game,we're in for a tough road ahead. It seems whenever we concede, it's explainable and rationalized, but we have to stop conceding, period. Nine times out of ten, teams will defend that corner, but we didn't and it was very costly.
Don't much care for our size and aerial ability at CB, and feel we aren't playing the percentages there, but I've said all that before.
Also feared the worse when Clement brought on Aluko, which also may have cost us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Oct 2018 15:48

first goal we've conceded from a set piece all season wasn't it?

Not saying that we couldn't have done better from it - we could - but I think we generally defend set pieces and corners very well. If anything, do think Walker didnt cover himself in glory on it, seemed to get caught flat footed

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 02 Oct 2018 16:21

Late to the party, anyone else see Meyler at half time in the concourse?

He was being berated by a fan with a scottish accent which was bizarre.