BFT - I don’t know what to call it

144 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFT - I don’t know what to call it

by Sutekh » 02 Oct 2018 22:42

Dreadful. Awful team selection. Appalling luck to lose Bod and then a leaden, slow one paced performance full of plenty of space for the opposition. Everything that Hull was this wasn’t.

13k in there apparently. Didn’t look like it. Next home game is Millwall, another struggling side just like QPR. Oh joy, another possible outcome like that. Looks like we’re already going to be hoping that Preston, Ipswich and Hull can keep getting even less pointage from games than Reading.

Going to be more changes for Saturday no doubt especially as there are no strikers fit apart from the shortish bloke I think we signed from somewhere in the summer. At least I think we signed someone.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT - I don’t know what to call it

by Hound » 02 Oct 2018 22:50

Assume it will be Meite, Barrow +1 up front on Sat

Anyway, didn’t think it was quite as bad as some, but an ugly display with little quality. QPR goal was inevitable

Walker 7 - was pretty good. Not sure on the goal
Gunter 6 - did ok and got forward. Lack of quality when he did cross
Yiadom 6- massively frustrated with him at LB. His left foot is poor, he just shouldn’t be there. Still did ok
Ilori/Moore 6 - seems every game they look decent but we still concede at least 1 crappy goal. Somethings not quite right
Bacuna 6 - did ok. No more no less.
Ezatolahi 7 - he is quality. Won the battle with Eze. Couple of errors though
Kelly 4 - tried his best but constantly beaten
Barrow 4- just didn’t offer enough consistently enough. Good run for the Meite chance
Meite 5 - 100% as ever but usual lack of quality. Unlucky with the chance off the post
Aluko 3 - just offers absolutely nothing

Sims 4 - nothing went right for him
Swift 6 - started brilliantly but tailed off. Kept trying to make something happen and our most likely source of a goal
McNulty 6 - tidy enough - not enough time to do too much

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 02 Oct 2018 22:54

It’s hard to feel anything other than resignation. Resignation at poor control, misplaced passes, getting caught on the ball, poor corners, dangerous back passes, no movement off the ball, no penetration, just slow, plodding, inept and cowardly play.

That is all.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Oct 2018 22:58

Lost count of the number of offensive free kicks and corners QPR had, one of them had to come off in the end.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 02 Oct 2018 23:01

I try to be positive but I have to say that when I heard that Aluko was playing my enthusiasm was dented. And he was truly awful yet again. I try not to knock individual players but it is really hard to see how Aluko can ever start another game for RFC. It was as though we were playing with 10 men until he went off. To be fair to Clement he has just said he got the team selection wrong on BBCRB.

Sadly the referee did not allow the double sub until after QPR scored and then it was too late for Swift and Sims to make a difference as QPR sat back and Reading have found it impossible to break down teams this season once we go behind.

You cannot fault most of the players for effort but we lack quality at the moment. Meite sums it all up - 100% effort but little quality. At least he tries really hard.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Oct 2018 23:07

andrew1957 . To be fair to Clement he has just said he got the team selection wrong on BBCRB.

Oh well that`s ok then isn`t it? anybody with half a brain could have told him that before the flaming kick off.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 02 Oct 2018 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 02 Oct 2018 23:10

This is getting tiresome....

Can we get an attacking coach?

Lack of ideas in attacking third is beyond frustrating

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Oct 2018 23:12

Utter utter tripe. Anyone saying that was anything above garbage must have RFC-specs on.

The club is dead. The atmosphere is dead. And any team at this level that includes Gunter and Aluko is dead. When fans question where the "old school" in our fans have gone, tonight sums it up. Utter utter garbage. Aluko and Gunter should never ever ever play for this club again.

If any season ticket holders are reading this and DIDN'T go tonight, fair play to you...wise decision. Just horrendous.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 02 Oct 2018 23:13

As a team we were truly dreadful tonight. Personally I am starting to lose patience with the manager.
For Christs sake were at home. :twisted: Wheres the bloody urgency and commitment. :?: :?: :?:

Writing this makes me angry. I have said it before as much as it hurts, I can take losing and trying, but to roll over like tonight is totally unacceptable in my eyes.

FUMING!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Oct 2018 23:18

Ok, a poor match partly down to poor luck with the injuries and we know we are lacking in the striker department. And partly down to team selection (Aluko).

Boos deserved.

But to be fair over the last few games we've really improved and this was one step back after two steps forwards.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Oct 2018 23:18

Once I saw Aluko in the starting line-up I just felt the loss coming hence my prediction, losing Bod to injury just before kick off just sealed it.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Oct 2018 23:23

Bad team selection, but it would have looked a lot different if Jon Dadi hadn't gotten injured in the warm up. Players did all they could but the disruption gave us a lack of focal point up front.

Also not helped by the single worst refereeing performance seen for many a year, which takes some doing given the woeful output of Referee's the football league serves up.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Oct 2018 23:24

Walker 6 - didn't do much wrong
Gunter 5 - Gunter
Ilori 5 - still not quite good enough, few loose passes but he has come on leaps and bounds from last year
Moore 7 - decent enough
Yiadom 5- Wasted
Ezatolahi 7 - oozes class, still needs to be that tad quicker in possession but a genuine quality player it seems
Bacuna 5- meh
Kelly 3 - possibly harshly dropped after Hull but had another stinker tonight
Aluko 4- don't play to his strenghts but doesn't work hard enough to support the FB, he is made a scapegoat but he really shouldn't be playing for us in this current system
Barrow 4 - another stinker, needs dropping
Meite 5 - probably should have scored, another one who isn't good enough, can't fault the effort

Subs
Swift 4 - been good since Preston, maybe him getting dropped caused this performance because I thought he gave it away a lot, still better than Kelly though
Sims 4 - wasn't the answer, QPR were defending the flanks well, again can't fault the effort though
Mcnulty 4- doesn't look ready yet but I feel sorry for him, now looks to be a pretty pointless signing, especially with Loader growing

Summary : Not good enough I'm afraid, the attendances are plummeting and the football is getting worse, apart from a 5 minute spell in the second half, we wouldn't have scored if we played till Christmas, Millwall at home may be a massive game for the respective managers

Team for WBA : Change of shape is needed, I'd go for:

------------------------------------Walker-------------------------------
----------------Ilori--------------Moore--------------------O'Shea
------Yiadom-------------------Ezatolahi---------------------------------Blackett
------------------------Bacuna---------------------Swift
------------------------Bod--------------------------Baldock

If Bod not fit, play Meite, if Baldock not fit, replace with Mcnulty
Bench : Mannone, Gunter, Clement, Sims, Barrow, Meite ( Meyler if he starts), Mcnulty ( Loader if he starts)
- This could work if Blackett and Yiadom provide the width. Obviously when Obita is fit, he replaces O'Shea and Blackett moves across. Harriott and Mccleary could be good options off the bench when they're fit to play the WB positions, and then there's also Sims and Barrow
Saturday will be a tough game but I think we need to match their shape to give the team more of a chance ( like we did at Brentford).

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Oct 2018 23:25

Gunter was ok. Kelly was the outright misfit. Totally out of his depth. Games simply pass him by.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Oct 2018 23:27

That

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Oct 2018 23:27

Was

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Oct 2018 23:28

Sh*t

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 02 Oct 2018 23:30

Left Griffin Park on Saturday surprisingly upbeat despite conceding an injury time equaliser against 10-men. “Roll on Tuesday and the out of form QPR at home where we can build on this”

Turn up tonight, see the line-up... wtf?! How how how is Aluko and Gunter that RHS pairing again where it was so apparently obvious where that was where the trouble was, which resulted in him dropping them and resulted in us beating Hull and getting a decent result at Brentford.

To be fair to Gunter I thought he played ok tonight. But the two cannot be played together, and if so they cannot be on the same flank. Is Clement getting pressure from above to play Aluko because of how much he cost? Saints have a January recall option on Sims - why would they let us keep him if he can’t get in a struggling Championship team.

Aside from all that, absolute dross, big blow losing Bod before kick off, didn’t get the ball to Barrow enough, didn’t start with a high enough tempo, Swift should have started.

Got my WBA tickets prior to tonight’s game... Brilliant.

1 step forward... 10 steps back.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 02 Oct 2018 23:32

Forgot to add, both dives made by our players in the second half were embarrassing and both were rightly booked.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 02 Oct 2018 23:35

Barney Utter utter tripe. Anyone saying that was anything above garbage must have RFC-specs on.

The club is dead. The atmosphere is dead. And any team at this level that includes Gunter and Aluko is dead. When fans question where the "old school" in our fans have gone, tonight sums it up. Utter utter garbage. Aluko and Gunter should never ever ever play for this club again.

If any season ticket holders are reading this and DIDN'T go tonight, fair play to you...wise decision. Just horrendous.

I can't disagree with any of that. Aluko is quite possibly the worst player ever to wear the hoops since I started watching RFC in 69/70 season - and there have been plenty to compare him against. My eldest was first team sports scientist at HCFC when they went up to the PL. Aluko's knee, I think it was his knee, and hapy to be corrected), was shot then, and he couldn't believe we paid money for him, never mind a reported £5M to £7.5M. Fulham must have been laughing uncontrollably as we wrote out the cheque. Gunter's days at RFC are also numbered, especially when Richards and Obita are back. The right flank is a total disaster area when these two are controlling it - although tonight's goal came from the left TBF. It's their negative attitude and demeanour that just seems to infect the rest of the team. The whole transfer policy is also abysmal - and seems nothing more than made up on the hoof. These are dark, dark days at the MadStad, and frankly 3rd tier football cannot be discounted based on tonight's pathetic offering. What is most surprising is that I didn't swear once in the above. Quite frankly I just can't be bothered anymore. It seems as though many RFC fans have the same outlook.

Gunter, Aluko, Kelly and Meite dropped for Saturday and we win at WBA! It's the new RFC way!

144 posts