New Manager

1436 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New Manager

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 17:25

tee peg Announcement tomorrow maybe?

Next Wed according to Tim Dellor unless he has changed his mind.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2018 17:29

Nothing inspiring in the bookies list. Full of people who have just been sacked or boorish "characters" like Pearson, Allardyce and saggy 'arry. The likes of Loader and Rinomhota would never be seen again if the three mentioned and the likes of Hughes, Bruce and Jokanovic were appointed.

Coppell has a cushy life in India so wouldn't come back, his time as a manager has come and gone anyway really. Can see no reason why Brian would come back to a club where Owners and fans have treated him terribly. Travelling around Europe, staying in the best hotels whilst scouting for Arsenal vs Abuse from tools like Maffff and Lord Cock or whatever his name is on twatter, difficult choice that.

Would love to see Murts as manager here but not sure he's right at this time. Parky is a no for me, he's in a relegation battle himself which raises alarm bells for me about his ability to get us higher up the table. he's another one I wouldn't trust with the careers of Loader, Rinomhota, etc.
Last edited by sandman on 06 Dec 2018 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Dec 2018 17:29

Announcement today suggests that talks are well advanced with AN Other. Given the recent barrage of PR from both the club and SJM. Got to be someone that understands the club. I'd guess at Parky for the job. Been managing for some years now. Ok stats. Has done wonders with Bolton given their limited resources. More than anything else would immediately engage with the fans. Which is key to turning our fortunes around.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Dec 2018 17:31

Lower West Announcement today suggests that talks are well advanced with AN Other. Given the recent barrage of PR from both the club and SJM. Got to be someone that understands the club. I'd guess at Parky for the job. Been managing for some years now. Ok stats. Has done wonders with Bolton given their limited resources. More than anything else would immediately engage with the fans. Which is key to turning our fortunes around.

don't want Parky, not good enough in the Championship.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2018 17:37

What year did Parkinson leave, 02, 03? The Club has changed quite a bit in that time, not sure his understanding of the club would be that vast these days.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Dec 2018 17:38

sandman
Would love to see Murts as manager here but not sure he's right at this time.

Winning a few games with Rangers is hardly grounding for the Championship.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Dec 2018 17:43

sandman What year did Parkinson leave, 02, 03? The Club has changed quite a bit in that time, not sure his understanding of the club would be that vast these days.

Reading needs to establish an identity again. Someone that buys into the vision. Not a question of returning to years gone by. Parky did get Bolton promoted while under a transfer embargo. No mean feat. Building a team on free tansfers and loan signings.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 06 Dec 2018 17:49

You need someone who can quickly command respect from the players. Agree with others that we have had enough of untested ex players or rising stars from the Conference.

If you want to turn it around you need someone with a track record.

First choice should actually be Warnock but he won’t be an option. Very close second is Allardyce who has saved both Sunderland and Palace from relegation (which is what we need right now) and got Bolton and West Ham promoted which is our long term goal.

If we can’t afford Allardyce then Pardew who sorted us out when he was here before then sorting out West Ham and in my view, he should have the credit for turning around Southampton s fortunes when they were league one. Adkins merely took over a team already on a roll.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Dec 2018 17:50

Lower West
sandman
Would love to see Murts as manager here but not sure he's right at this time.

Winning a few games with Rangers is hardly grounding for the Championship.

+1

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 06 Dec 2018 17:53

Ascotexgunner

How do we feel about 'arry ?

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 06 Dec 2018 17:53

Lower West
sandman What year did Parkinson leave, 02, 03? The Club has changed quite a bit in that time, not sure his understanding of the club would be that vast these days.

Reading needs to establish an identity again. Someone that buys into the vision. Not a question of returning to years gone by. Parky did get Bolton promoted while under a transfer embargo. No mean feat. Building a team on free tansfers and loan signings.

This - getting someone in who immediately connects with the fans, who happens to have a very solid managerial record is a win-win for me

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 17:56

Longhorn1970
Snowflake Royal
winchester_royal Plenty of good options out there, Jokanovic would be a good appointment but can't see him coming here, I like Warburton too and he's probably the most realistic of the bunch.

However wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful for us to go back to the 'Reading way' and get someone young and up'n'coming from the lower leagues. Two obvious options would be Nathan Jones (Luton) and Dan Cowley (Lincoln). Jones in particular has Luton playing some wonderful football and would certainly come in and make the squad his own. Might be difficult convincing him to leave a promotion chasing Luton, but it's time to show some ambition.

No. I've had my fill of young, inexperienced up and coming managers in Clarke, Stam and Clement.

Sir Steve seems to be doing ok at the moment with no budget ? ..

There is no way on Earth I'd set SSC or McDermott up to fail with our shambolic squad of wasters and be treated like shit by our management and fans.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 06 Dec 2018 17:58

I think Scott Marshall is a very good bet at 16-1.... nite that he has been put in charge not Gibbs. Also has led under 23s to 14 match unbeaten run.

But more importantly Howe is in charge and there is form for promoting from within when the team is struggling. Pardew was one example but who really knew Brian McDermott well before his appointment first time around.

Basically if he has a good run in our next 3 games I reckon he’ll be manager by xmas.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 06 Dec 2018 18:01

Whats Roy Keane up to?

Would like somebody in that mold that could tear into the team at half time if needed and Colin is not available
Last edited by super darren caskey on 06 Dec 2018 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Dec 2018 18:03

Don’t know a lot about Marshall other than his impressive record with the U23s

However be happy for him to be given a go for a few games to see how he gets on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 18:05

leon
Lower West Announcement today suggests that talks are well advanced with AN Other. Given the recent barrage of PR from both the club and SJM. Got to be someone that understands the club. I'd guess at Parky for the job. Been managing for some years now. Ok stats. Has done wonders with Bolton given their limited resources. More than anything else would immediately engage with the fans. Which is key to turning our fortunes around.

Nor are we. And he's not been tested at club with decent Champ credentials in years.

Experienced manager. Won relegation battles, achieved promotions, fan favourite.

We'll not do a lot better, though our next manager is on a hiding to nothing picking up a part rebuilt shambles so not ruining Parky's rep by appointing someone else has its benefits.

Whoever it is simply has to be a good appointment and get 24 months in charge to actually lay some foundations. I won't be holding my breath though.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2018 18:07

Brain Traysers
Lower West

This - getting someone in who immediately connects with the fans, who happens to have a very solid managerial record is a win-win for me

Does he have that great a connection with fans? Again, he's been gone a long time and whilst the likes of you and I might remember him there's a new generation who don't.

How solid is his managerial record at this level?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Dec 2018 18:08

Snowflake Royal
leon

Nor are we. And he's not been tested at club with decent Champ credentials in years.

Experienced manager. Won relegation battles, achieved promotions, fan favourite.

We'll not do a lot better, though our next manager is on a hiding to nothing picking up a part rebuilt shambles so not ruining Parky's rep by appointing someone else has its benefits.

Whoever it is simply has to be a good appointment and get 24 months in charge to actually lay some foundations. I won't be holding my breath though.

this team should be able to survive in the championship and then some.

However I’m not convinced by Parkys football. It doesn’t adapt to the Championship. Could be wrong.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 18:09

Longhorn1970
Ascotexgunner

How do we feel about 'arry ?

I'd boycott if that swindling kunt took over. And you could kiss goodbye to the club because he's financially ruined almost every team he's been to with his brown envelopes and kick backs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 18:11

super darren caskey Whats Roy Keane up to?

Would like somebody in that mold that could tear into the team at half time if needed and Colin is not available

Why does everyone want shit hasbeens or cheats?

1436 posts