New Manager

1436 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 11:45

Love it when something major happens at the club. New names popping up all over the place on the board.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Dec 2018 11:45

Steve Bruce 13/3 - NOPE
Phil Parkinson 5/1 - mebbe.
Francesco Guidolin 6/1 - if only because this photo makes it look like someone has spilt his pint

Graeme Murty 7/1 - mebbe
Slavisa Jokanovic 8/1 - YURP
Alan Pardew 10/1 - lol sure
Mark Warburton 12/1 - yes
Brian McDermott 16/1 - :( "Don't look back. You can never look back"
David Moyes 16/1 - god no
Mark Hughes 16/1 - nurse
Nigel Pearson 16/1 - I have a thai hooker I need to racially abuse
Sam Allardyce 16/1 - pint of wine, garcon
Steve Coppell 16/1 - see BMcD
Danny Cowley 18/1 - do we get Nicky as well. Yeah, I like this one.
Last edited by stealthpapes on 06 Dec 2018 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Dec 2018 11:48

Since promotion to the Prem in 2012, the new manager will be our 7th in less than 7 years. This is a shambLOLes.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 11:52

bigmike
NewCorkSeth Honestly I can't see the owners taking a punt on an untested manager. It'll be a "big name".

Jan Venegoor of Hesselink big enough name ?

Think bigger.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 06 Dec 2018 11:56

NewCorkSeth Honestly I can't see the owners taking a punt on an untested manager. It'll be a "big name".

But they won't be the ones making the appointment. It'll be the new CEO; Howe, so hopefully as he knows this club inside and out, he'll be looking to appoint someone that will be best for the club.

I'm hoping this will rule out such perennial sackees (think I just made that word up!) such as Hughes, Bruce and Allardyce et al.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Dec 2018 11:56

Who Moved The Goalposts?
NewCorkSeth
Basildon
Can't say I've seen a lot of Wycombe games so couldn't comment on his style of play, but this is more along the lines of the kind of manager I'd like to bring in rather than the 'bigger names' touted around every time a championship manager leaves.

He has too much hair. It's a no from me.

But he does sing (and well!) in an INXS tribute band

He just moved to the top of the list

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Dec 2018 11:58

Silver Fox
Who Moved The Goalposts?
NewCorkSeth He has too much hair. It's a no from me.

I think he struggle to leave Wycombe, big attachment there. You can never tear them apart.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 12:00

Who Moved The Goalposts?
NewCorkSeth
Basildon
Can't say I've seen a lot of Wycombe games so couldn't comment on his style of play, but this is more along the lines of the kind of manager I'd like to bring in rather than the 'bigger names' touted around every time a championship manager leaves.

He has too much hair. It's a no from me.

But he does sing (and well!) in an INXS tribute band - I met him at a festival earlier this year and he's a really open, likeable guy....

Your kidding right? If this is true...then he ticks all the boxes in my book. Id take a punt on him.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Dec 2018 12:05

Old Man Andrews
Silver Fox
Who Moved The Goalposts?

I think he struggle to leave Wycombe, big attachment there. You can never tear them apart.

He's exactly What You Need

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Dec 2018 12:05

Gareth Ainsworth lives locally as well. I was at behind him at a secondary school open day a year ago and his son also plays U12's locally as I saw him at a football tournament a couple of summers ago (U10's then).

As someone who coaches a boys football team, the idea of coaching the son of a football league manager terrifies me.....

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 12:10

Old Man Andrews
Silver Fox
Who Moved The Goalposts?

But we need him tonight, cos Im not sleeping.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 12:10

Tilehurstsouthbank

But they won't be the ones making the appointment. It'll be the new CEO; Howe, so hopefully as he knows this club inside and out, he'll be looking to appoint someone that will be best for the club.

I'm hoping this will rule out such perennial sackees (think I just made that word up!) such as Hughes, Bruce and Allardyce et al.

End of the day they make the call though? If he suggests a name they don't agree with (and I can see them being cautious with this appointment) they can veto right?

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 06 Dec 2018 12:11

Ascotexgunner
Who Moved The Goalposts?
NewCorkSeth He has too much hair. It's a no from me.

But he does sing (and well!) in an INXS tribute band - I met him at a festival earlier this year and he's a really open, likeable guy....

Your kidding right? If this is true...then he ticks all the boxes in my book. Id take a punt on him.

All true: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news ... day-night/

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Dec 2018 12:16

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Ascotexgunner
Who Moved The Goalposts?

All true: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news ... day-night/

That's a very big box ticked then..... :)

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 06 Dec 2018 12:18

NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank

End of the day they make the call though? If he suggests a name they don't agree with (and I can see them being cautious with this appointment) they can veto right?

How much knowledge of the English game do you think they have though? I've also not heard of many instances of the owners at a club appointing the new manager. I think the real worry is if Nani has any say...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 12:21

Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank

How much knowledge of the English game do you think they have though? I've also not heard of many instances of the owners at a club appointing the new manager. I think the real worry is if Nani has any say...

But that's what I mean. They might feel that the decisions made for them in the appointments of Stam and Clement were poor and might insist on a manager better known or with more experience.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 12:24

winchester_royal Plenty of good options out there, Jokanovic would be a good appointment but can't see him coming here, I like Warburton too and he's probably the most realistic of the bunch.

However wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful for us to go back to the 'Reading way' and get someone young and up'n'coming from the lower leagues. Two obvious options would be Nathan Jones (Luton) and Dan Cowley (Lincoln). Jones in particular has Luton playing some wonderful football and would certainly come in and make the squad his own. Might be difficult convincing him to leave a promotion chasing Luton, but it's time to show some ambition.

No. I've had my fill of young, inexperienced up and coming managers in Clarke, Stam and Clement.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 06 Dec 2018 12:24

NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth End of the day they make the call though? If he suggests a name they don't agree with (and I can see them being cautious with this appointment) they can veto right?

But that's what I mean. They might feel that the decisions made for them in the appointments of Stam and Clement were poor and might insist on a manager better known or with more experience.

Sorry, you've lost me. Are you agreeing and disagreeing with me simultaneously?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 06 Dec 2018 12:26

The worst thing about getting a new manager in is that I’ve realised I really couldn’t give two fukks.

It used to be a big deal. Now it’s not.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 12:28

Tilehurstsouthbank
NewCorkSeth
Tilehurstsouthbank

Sorry, you've lost me. Are you agreeing and disagreeing with me simultaneously?

Yes and no...

I'm suggesting they are conscious of their lack of knowledge and might feel they were led down the primrose path with the appointments of Stam and Clement.

I imagine they are fully capable of reading a cv and if the CEO was to come to them with a suggestion of a lower league up and comer they would have very right to say no. They have just tried and failed with 2 up and coming managers.

1436 posts