The Reading FC players who fans want to keep or sell in January transfer window

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

The Reading FC players who fans want to keep or sell in January transfer window

by paddy20 » 18 Dec 2018 09:21

Is Jonathan Lowe doing his best to make sure we go down this season?

He has just issued a list of all the players Reading fans most want to get rid of. Can you imagine a player reading that and what it will do to their confidence or motivation?? Players are just like us human beings with the same emotions. If you want the best out of them, something like this is not only very puerile but comes at the worst time for our fight for survival. Grow up Mr Lowe!!

Old Man Andrews

Re: The Reading FC players who fans want to keep or sell in January transfer window

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Dec 2018 09:22

paddy20 Is Jonathan Lowe doing his best to make sure we go down this season?

He has just issued a list of all the players Reading fans most want to get rid of. Can you imagine a player reading that and what it will do to their confidence or motivation?? Players are just like us human beings with the same emotions. If you want the best out of them, something like this is not only very puerile but comes at the worst time for our fight for survival. Grow up Mr Lowe!!

LOL @ you being thick enough to think the players read any of Jonathan Low's output.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 18 Dec 2018 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Reading FC players who fans want to keep or sell in January transfer window

by Hound » 18 Dec 2018 09:27

Old Man Andrews

LOL @ you being thick enough to think the player read any of Jonathan Low's output.

or anyone at all reads it tbh

esp when he comes up with:

Some surprising names popped up, with goalkeeper Vito Mannone the player who fans most want to see sold.

Almost half (44 per cent) of those who took the poll said he needed to leave, with winger Callum Harriott not far behind.

when it fact the poll shows 44% want him to stay, as that is what the question was. Obvs Edwards and Aluko were the two most wanted sold, with only 8% wanting them to stay
Last edited by Hound on 18 Dec 2018 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Dec 2018 09:28

Hound
Old Man Andrews

LOL @ you being thick enough to think the player read any of Jonathan Low's output.

Low didn't even understand the results of his own poll.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Dec 2018 09:30

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews

I think players will know what local news sources are saying whether it’s first or second hand.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Dec 2018 09:56

The only player I want out is Aluko who still has two and a half years on his contract, will no doubt be on a decent wage and has given us over a year of largely below par, ineffectual performances.

Maybe Mannone as well. I don't dislike him but I'd imagine he's easily our highest paid keeper without being a standout and there's suggestions he wants to return to Italy for family reasons so it could work for him as well. Popa as well. He's had 2 years of not getting a chance so don't see the point in him staying.

Not too concerned about Edwards or McShane going as they are OOC in the summer and I think that after a poor start, I'd like to see what Meyler can contribute under a new manager before writing him off.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Dec 2018 10:06

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews

A difficult couple of weeks for Jonathan Lowe. Does he do the right thing and hand in his resignation in the New Year? Perhaps the club could subsidise some extra training for him? It really is a difficult situation for the young man.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Dec 2018 10:09

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
Hound

A difficult couple of weeks for Jonathan Lowe. Does he do the right thing and hand in his resignation in the New Year? Perhaps the club could subsidise some extra training for him? It really is a difficult situation for the young man.

He simply is too nice to be an investigative journalist and he is also not a football man. He is largely clueless when it comes to giving football based opnion and just fell into the job after Charles Watts left. I think Watts stitched him up slightly too because clearly Charles Watts is still connected to someone at the club hence why he keeps being fed info even now. He should have got his sources to work with Low.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Dec 2018 10:33

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
Old Man Andrews

He simply is too nice to be an investigative journalist and he is also not a football man. He is largely clueless when it comes to giving football based opnion and just fell into the job after Charles Watts left. I think Watts stitched him up slightly too because clearly Charles Watts is still connected to someone at the club hence why he keeps being fed info even now. He should have got his sources to work with Low.

Nail on head really.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 18 Dec 2018 10:55

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
John Smith A difficult couple of weeks for Jonathan Lowe. Does he do the right thing and hand in his resignation in the New Year? Perhaps the club could subsidise some extra training for him? It really is a difficult situation for the young man.

Nail on head really.

I agree

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 18 Dec 2018 11:30

Hiram K Hackenbacker
John Smith
Old Man Andrews

Nail on head really.

I agree

Of course you do... :roll:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Dec 2018 11:32

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hiram K Hackenbacker
John Smith Nail on head really.

I agree

Because I am right. Please try to dispute anything I said. Hiram K Hackenbacker doesn't just agree with anyone and anything you know!

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 18 Dec 2018 12:00

Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank
Hiram K Hackenbacker I agree

Because I am right. Please try to dispute anything I said. Hiram K Hackenbacker doesn't just agree with anyone and anything you know!

You mean you have a fangirl?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Dec 2018 20:03

Popa is the first to go. On loan to Ludogorets until June

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 Dec 2018 23:12

Wasn’t Andressen technically the first to go. Popa is the second.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Dec 2018 23:13

3points Wasn’t Andressen technically the first to go. Popa is the second.

Yes I suppose as he did make an appearance for the club.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 Dec 2018 23:20

Zip
3points Wasn’t Andressen technically the first to go. Popa is the second.

Yes I suppose as he did make an appearance for the club.
just being pedantic Zippers. It’s more the intent that they’ve moved two out and it isn’t even January yet

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Dec 2018 16:15

Nice to David Edwards putting himself in the shop window with a goal against Feyenoord in midweek. I heard a radio interview with him that practically said he wants to go to Shrewsbury now his old mate is the manager. They just need to get the money sorted and he's gone. It's that reason that I can't stomach having a player like that in what is my club. And he can take his shit book with him that's placed allover the Megastore.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 21 Dec 2018 18:14

John Smith Nice to David Edwards putting himself in the shop window with a goal against Feyenoord in midweek. I heard a radio interview with him that practically said he wants to go to Shrewsbury now his old mate is the manager. They just need to get the money sorted and he's gone. It's that reason that I can't stomach having a player like that in what is my club. And he can take his shit book with him that's placed allover the Megastore.

Not the only player supporting one club and playing in another. And his “shit” book is passing on all proceeds to the little rascals charity. Do you object to all charities, or just that one?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Dec 2018 19:33

January window

Anssi Jaakkola - keep - revisit in summer (look at academy / who manager wants as to if we keep around)
Sam Walker - loan (if Mannone stays) or keep - revisit in summer (sell then)
Vito Mannone - sell or keep - revisit in summer (sell then)
Luke Southwood - keep
Lewis Ward - keep out on loan
George Legg - keep out on loan
Chris Gunter - keep
Andy Yiadom - keep
Tennai Watson - keep out on loan
Paul McShane - move on (out of contract in summer)
John O'Shea - keep until summer
Jordan Obita - keep
Liam Moore - keep (unless great offer)
Tiago Ilori - keep
Tyler Blackett - keep (unless great offer)
Tom McIntyre - keep
Gabriel Osho - keep
Danzell Gravenberch - keep (out on loan until his summer departure)
Omar Richards - loan
Joey van den Berg - keep (out on loan, summer departure)
John Swift - whatever, sell if anyone interested for a few million, keep otherwise
Garath McCleary - keep
Callum Harriott - loan
Adrian Popa - out on loan, sell in summer
Leandro Bacuna - keep
Saeid Ezatolahi - keep (does he exist?)
Andy Rinomhota - keep
Sone Aluko - keep (as Kingsley)
David Meyler - let manager look at him, not fussed either way - unlikely to be more than backup
Dave Edwards - loan pre summer departure
Modou Barrow - keep
Liam Kelly - whatever, sell if anyone is interested for a few million, keep otherwise
Pelle Clement - keep
Sam Baldock - keep
Marc McNulty - loan
Danny Loader - loan if league one / two club, keep otherwise
Yakou Méïte - keep
Sam Smith - keep out on loan
Jón Daði Böðvarsson - keep
Andrija Novakovich - keep out on loan ahead of joining first team in summer