Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

368 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

by John Smith » 09 Jan 2019 15:10

Lower West The team makes too many mistakes. Defending starts from the front.

Sorry what?

Do you fold your account and stop posting on here? Yes I think you do

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Jan 2019 22:49

John Smith

Sorry what?

What sort of question is that? At least use the English language properly.

Another keyboard warrior. How tiresome.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Jan 2019 08:36

My enjoyment of HNA has increased significantly since I added three egregiously mean-spirited users to the ignore list. I'd recommend using it.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Jan 2019 19:00

Good first half debut today. Certainly contributes something to the team. Though did disappear in the second half.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 01:55

Lower West
John Smith

Sorry what?

Well quite.

John Smith is dreadfully tiresome.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confimred loan - Ovie Ejariaj

by Tails » 13 Jan 2019 02:27

leon
Lower West
John Smith Sorry what?

Well quite.

I can’t be having that, his Tom Denton suggestion was inspired....

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 02:29

Tails
leon
Lower West

Well quite.

He’s certainly special, yes.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Jan 2019 09:47

Tails
leon
Lower West

Well quite.

I'm sorry. From this point forward I will be improving. I am now José Smith.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Jan 2019 10:28

John Smith
Tails
leon
Well quite.

I'm sorry. From this point forward I will be improving. I am now José Smith.

Jose Ferreiro

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 27 Jul 2020 17:01

So... if we are about to renage on/renegotiate the £3m transfer and/or wages, I guess now is a good time for us hobnob 'experts' to understand the best plan for the club.

If we had buckets of cash, we'd just sign the player, but we don't.

SO, if we DID sign Ejaria, it would make sense to play him in the most effective position to influence the game. What is that position?

He's a flair player with the ability to make a pass; he's not a Matic, Carrick, Maddison, Henderson, Shelvey or Mount. He seems to work well in tight spaces, but conversely has the athleticism to cover the ground.

Is he better centrally or out wide? Because out wide, despite the tricks, he's not the type to run at pace with the ball...

Ultimately, he's got such incredible ability, but such an unusual skillset, I think it's only worth shelling out if we use him to his strengths. So how should we set up with him?!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Jul 2020 17:15

PistolPete So... if we are about to renage on/renegotiate the £3m transfer and/or wages, I guess now is a good time for us hobnob 'experts' to understand the best plan for the club.

SO, if we DID sign Ejaria, it would make sense to play him in the most effective position to influence the game. What is that position?

He's a flair player with the ability to make a pass; he's not a Matic, Carrick, Maddison, Henderson, Shelvey or Mount. He seems to work well in tight spaces, but conversely has the athleticism to cover the ground.

Is he better centrally or out wide? Because out wide, despite the tricks, he's not the type to run at pace with the ball...

Ultimately, he's got such incredible ability, but such an unusual skillset, I think it's only worth shelling out if we use him to his strengths. So how should we set up with him?!

As a left wing back.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jul 2020 17:17

Would rather we didn’t sign him at all to be honest. Way over rated, went missing after about November and you could count number of good games he had all season on one hand.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 27 Jul 2020 17:18

Ultimately we already have Olise who can be played and develop in the attacking mid/wide attacker position. Ejaria has dropped off enough since Christmas that I'm not that bothered about losing out on him. £3,000,000 can probably go further in this market now too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jul 2020 17:28

Probably floating behind a striker.

He's got the athleticism and ability to harry and chase and drop into midfield to defend. He's got the technique to find space in tight areas.

He just plays to slow to be super effective out wide. Yeah he can twinkle into the box, but your wide players are ones you want to really drive forward at pace and whip in crosses. He does neither.

If we can get him cheaper then, yeah. But if not I think we're better off not bringing him in. He has so much potential, but will it really come out here. And we already have Swift, Olise and Holsgrove who have similar roles as their game.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 27 Jul 2020 18:56

Snowflake Royal Probably floating behind a striker.

He's got the athleticism and ability to harry and chase and drop into midfield to defend. He's got the technique to find space in tight areas.

He just plays to slow to be super effective out wide. Yeah he can twinkle into the box, but your wide players are ones you want to really drive forward at pace and whip in crosses. He does neither.

If we can get him cheaper then, yeah. But if not I think we're better off not bringing him in. He has so much potential, but will it really come out here. And we already have Swift, Olise and Holsgrove who have similar roles as their game.

Behind the striker is exactly where I think he should play, but he seems to want the ball to feet, so a possession based game is something that would suit him...which Bowen almost certainly doesn't want to play.

I hate the fact that a player who, like you say, has such huge potential, but doesn't seem to fit the Bowen mould :cry:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jul 2020 19:07

PistolPete
Snowflake Royal Probably floating behind a striker.

Behind the striker is exactly where I think he should play, but he seems to want the ball to feet, so a possession based game is something that would suit him...which Bowen almost certainly doesn't want to play.

I hate the fact that a player who, like you say, has such huge potential, but doesn't seem to fit the Bowen mould :cry:

Tbh, the thing barring Ejaria from realising that potential is his preference to slow things down and play at a walking pace.

If he was playing at tempo we wouldn't have a chance in signing him.

I think Bowen's spot on. And you can play fast and hard and still play a passing game. I don't think Bowen's asking us to play kick and rush.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jul 2020 20:12

PistolPete So... if we are about to renage on/renegotiate the £3m transfer and/or wages, I guess now is a good time for us hobnob 'experts' to understand the best plan for the club.

Reminds me of Kanu. At Arsenal he played very high as a holding front man with the likes of Ljundberg and Pires making runs. Unfortunately we don't have that quality or indeed any decent widemen or finishers that make those runs so I don't know what we would do with him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Jul 2020 20:43

Ascotexgunner

Reminds me of Kanu. At Arsenal he played very high as a holding front man with the likes of Ljundberg and Pires making runs. Unfortunately we don't have that quality or indeed any decent widemen or finishers that make those runs so I don't know what we would do with him.

Play him centrally, let him triple in value and sell him for half that. The Reading way.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 27 Jul 2020 21:07

Ascotexgunner

Not a bad comparison!

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 27 Jul 2020 21:15

We would be mad not to sign him as he has been a tremendous player for us. Missing out on him would be as bad as missing out on Jolyon Lescott for the sake of a few pence. However, it's not my money and if we can't afford him, we can't afford him.

368 posts