Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

368 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Aug 2020 13:39

Any chance we're getting him back in on loan with a view to the permenant deal being resurrected at some point in the future?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 16 Aug 2020 13:54

If he signs, I’m hoping the Swift move is back on. More a fan of Swift as a player, but for the sake of the balance in midfield, I do not want to see those 2 & Olise in the same team again

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Aug 2020 14:14

From Despair To Where? Any chance we're getting him back in on loan with a view to the permenant deal being resurrected at some point in the future?

Might depend when his contract runs out. He signed a new deal at Liverpool 2 years ago but can’t find reference to how long it was other than ‘long term’. If that was 3 years then there’s not too much point Liverpool loaning him out as he’ll just leave on a free next summer. If it was 4 years maybe we could get another loan. Possibly it would suit everyone to do a proper sale now but split the payments over 3 years, million a year. Who knows !

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 17 Aug 2020 09:28

From Despair To Where? Any chance we're getting him back in on loan with a view to the permenant deal being resurrected at some point in the future?

Liverpool won't fall for that again will they?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Aug 2020 10:22

Nameless

Might depend when his contract runs out. He signed a new deal at Liverpool 2 years ago but can’t find reference to how long it was other than ‘long term’. If that was 3 years then there’s not too much point Liverpool loaning him out as he’ll just leave on a free next summer. If it was 4 years maybe we could get another loan. Possibly it would suit everyone to do a proper sale now but split the payments over 3 years, million a year. Who knows !

I would imagine the latter is what the discussion is, we will pay Liverpool the guaranteed 3m but at say 1m per year over the next 3 years. Other 500k is add ons and we may even offer them a sell on to aid the deal.

Would be surprised if a long-term deal as disclosed by Liverpool would be any less than 4 years, maybe even 5.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Aug 2020 10:55

I would imagine Liverpool would find the odd £3m down the back of the sofa or in the pocket of an old suit, I`m wondering if it might be beneficial for them to offload him on the cheap?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Aug 2020 13:50

windermereROYAL I would imagine Liverpool would find the odd £3m down the back of the sofa or in the pocket of an old suit, I`m wondering if it might be beneficial for them to offload him on the cheap?

It’s not just Liverpool. Think the club also want to renegotiate terms with Ovie and also will presumably need to ensure the FL are happy with the deal so as to minimise any FFP issues that might arise in the future. Hopefully it will all be sorted one way or another in the next week or so as, presumably, if Ovie does sign it’ll make the owners “happier” if they have to sell Swift.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Aug 2020 14:34

I don’t know but I get the impression he is not happy away from the South East and particularly London;I am guessing that while he is something of an enigmatic character,providing the pay is half decent,he would love to stay with us.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Aug 2020 14:40

Westwood52 I don’t know but I get the impression he is not happy away from the South East and particularly London;I am guessing that while he is something of an enigmatic character,providing the pay is half decent,he would love to stay with us.

Please qualify this ridiculous statement.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 17 Aug 2020 14:59

I do hope he signs but if he doesn't i don't see it being the end of the world (as long as Swift and Olise stay).

With their ability, all three players warrant a starting position IMO but trying to fit them all in unless one is stuck out on the wing (unnatural position) just unbalances the whole team. Similar of the Lampard/ Gerrard conundrum that many England managers faced.

Ovie's strength is playing in tight spaces or in a one-on-one situ where he can arguably go past anyone in the league (our second goal at Fulham a key example), final ball is sometimes questionable but that will improve.

From what Bowen has said, he wants a powerful, quick team - with the acquisition of Laurent you would think he will partner Rino who both fit that mould. Meaning that leaves room for a #10, left winger (with Meite taking RW and Joao up top).

How do you fit Olise, Ejaria and Swift into the same team without throwing the balance of the team out?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Aug 2020 16:08

Old Man Andrews
Westwood52 I don’t know but I get the impression he is not happy away from the South East and particularly London;I am guessing that while he is something of an enigmatic character,providing the pay is half decent,he would love to stay with us.

And thank you marm.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Aug 2020 16:17

hughsies no.1 I do hope he signs but if he doesn't i don't see it being the end of the world (as long as Swift and Olise stay).

With their ability, all three players warrant a starting position IMO but trying to fit them all in unless one is stuck out on the wing (unnatural position) just unbalances the whole team. Similar of the Lampard/ Gerrard conundrum that many England managers faced.

Ovie's strength is playing in tight spaces or in a one-on-one situ where he can arguably go past anyone in the league (our second goal at Fulham a key example), final ball is sometimes questionable but that will improve.

From what Bowen has said, he wants a powerful, quick team - with the acquisition of Laurent you would think he will partner Rino who both fit that mould. Meaning that leaves room for a #10, left winger (with Meite taking RW and Joao up top).

How do you fit Olise, Ejaria and Swift into the same team without throwing the balance of the team out?

Laurent could easily be back up to Rino.

I generally agree though.

Rino - Laurent
Swift - Holsgrove
Ejaria - Olise

Could work, though Swift and Ejaria need to move the ball much quicker and it locks Rino into the defensive position that suits him less than box to box.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Aug 2020 16:27

wonder how Ejaria would work in front of Rino/Laurent? I'd be quite intrigued to see how that would work with him as the creative fulcrum

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Aug 2020 17:14

Westwood52
Old Man Andrews

And thank you marm.

You are thick as mince.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Aug 2020 17:17

Bowen confirms that Ovie has been in training and the club are still trying to iron out a deal.

Would've thought they'd be pretty confident of getting this one over the line, otherwise there wouldn't really be much point in him being here.

https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/1295389928524853249

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Aug 2020 17:45

Hendo Bowen confirms that Ovie has been in training and the club are still trying to iron out a deal.

Would've thought they'd be pretty confident of getting this one over the line, otherwise there wouldn't really be much point in him being here.

https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/1295389928524853249

That sounds promising.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Aug 2020 20:04

Hound wonder how Ejaria would work in front of Rino/Laurent? I'd be quite intrigued to see how that would work with him as the creative fulcrum

You mean Rino & Laurent together?

I reckon those two could provide an excellent base. But you'd have to assume Swift has gone to allow that. And it would leave us hella light on depth and short on backbone if either got injured.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Aug 2020 20:12

Snowflake Royal
Hound wonder how Ejaria would work in front of Rino/Laurent? I'd be quite intrigued to see how that would work with him as the creative fulcrum

I reckon those two could provide an excellent base. But you'd have to assume Swift has gone to allow that. And it would leave us hella light on depth and short on backbone if either got injured.

Yeah sorry those 2 as pair assuming swift left

You’d also have to have further depth in the squad but reckon it could work quite nicely

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Aug 2020 20:14

Snowflake Royal

Yeah. Depth is the operative word for sure. Lots seem to forget even if we sign Ovie thats still 5 (6 if I include Holsgrove like I know you want me to x ) players for 3 positions. 3 of them being more on the attacking side. Man I hope they all stay fit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Aug 2020 20:50

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

Yeah. Depth is the operative word for sure. Lots seem to forget even if we sign Ovie thats still 5 (6 if I include Holsgrove like I know you want me to x ) players for 3 positions. 3 of them being more on the attacking side. Man I hope they all stay fit.

Realistically it's 4 on the attack side, though Swift, Ejaria and Olise can all put a foot in or chase to an extent. Not really their game though. No idea on Holsgrove.

Ideally, to get the best balanced midfield you'd probably want:

DM, back up DM
Rino, Laurent
Ejaria, Olise

368 posts